Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-16-2010, 05:14 AM #64
Gillymonster
"Its a lifestyle for life

People always say pumpers are more accurate. I feel they are in this respect. They know their marker well and especially its trajectory. That first shot has to count before they're discovered and hosed on. Paint size/bore match is vital. You cant afford a rollout. Pumpers generally dont expose themselves unnecassarily.
An overlooked advantage is the cheaper cost of paint. What you save by playing pump you can play more often or afford that Top-of-the-Line pump...see my sig.
As far as being outgunned...Ive pulled off a 7on1 on a speedball field as a pumper against semis...no bull.

Gilly
CCM S5 RF + CCM S5 Round Body + CCM S5 Mech
CCM SS25
CCM Works
BL MVP
Gillymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2010, 06:10 AM #65
Envvy

Envvy plays in the APPA D4 division
i love em both
Envvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 AM #66
mxmtl
MQ2 Pumper!

One of the bad habits I had to break, which I still find comes back on occasion, was walking my paint towards my target.
mxmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:15 PM #67
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Annual Supporting Member
Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is playing at Living Legends VII
Castro #66 supports Bob Gurnsey
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Castro #66 is attending Decay of Nations VII
That's only bad if you didn't try to aim before you start pulling the trigger.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 PM #68
Hazardous/2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfrenzy View Post
You guys are all so full of yourselves...

If you play players who are in your same skill range, and they can shoot more paint and control you, they will win. Pretty much every time.

Good job shooting newbs with your pumps!

(I play pump by the way.)

I've played against many semi-pro to Pro Semi shooting paintball players, they're all the same to me, and they all die the same to me too. I've lost against semis also, but its more wins than loses.

Pumping takes more skill PERIOD, but I do admit that semis do have the advantage, "IF" they know how to play against pump players, and only if they can snap as good as a pump player, If not GG!
Hazardous/2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 PM #69
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Pump elitism is funny.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 PM #70
Thai-assasin

Thai-assasin supports Team VICIOUS
Over here on rec days weve had 15 semis play against 7 pumps. The pumps wiped em out in under a minute. lol.

All Mixed Up
Thai-assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 PM #71
jay3303
West Covina/Covina

jay3303 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph3r89 View Post
Pump elitism is funny.
pump elitism is real my friend....it is real.
I'm not there yet but once I am, well I'll be there. That's it lol
jay3303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 PM #72
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazardous/2k4 View Post
I've played against many semi-pro to Pro Semi shooting paintball players, they're all the same to me, and they all die the same to me too. I've lost against semis also, but its more wins than loses.

Pumping takes more skill PERIOD, but I do admit that semis do have the advantage, "IF" they know how to play against pump players, and only if they can snap as good as a pump player, If not GG!
So what pro team do you play for? Or are you in a league above pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ph3r89 View Post
Pump elitism is funny.
Yep. See above quote. Hilarious.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:45 PM #73
splatthetick

"Pump elitism is funny" is a whack comment on a Pump thread but...
I choose to play pump 'cause it is way more fun for me plus I shoot a
500 bag in two hours not two min. and get more gog shots per game.
My Cocker will rock the house but I only use it for huntin' overshooters.
DON"T OVERSHOOT!!!
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:51 PM #74
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
You don't have to be on a pro team to play pros. X-factor owns the popular field down this way.

I've also played in open tournaments where pros will send out a squad to compete for fun

Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:58 PM #75
jay3303
West Covina/Covina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Savage View Post
You don't have to be on a pro team to play pros. X-factor owns the popular field down this way.

I've also played in open tournaments where pros will send out a squad to compete for fun
Very true. It's pretty easy to scrim and just play for fun against pro teams. It's not like any other pro sport where even getting a signature can be almost impossible
Old 03-17-2010, 01:02 AM #76
splatthetick

This is a GAME and should be treated as such. Fun is what it's about! Pro or noob it is a game of tag. Kick-*** tag...but tag.
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:37 AM #77
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Savage View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3303 View Post
Very true. It's pretty easy to scrim and just play for fun against pro teams. It's not like any other pro sport where even getting a signature can be almost impossible
No doubt. But Hazardous/2K4 makes it sound like every time he plays pump against pro/upper division semi players - he comes out on top. Which I find to be an utterly rediculous claim.

I know what can and can't be done with a pump gun. Certainly, you can beat a semi player in a gun battle - even an extremely good semi player. But to claim that you can consistantly beat semi players who are at the top of their game, while out-firepowered - is a lie.

Pro speedballers are every bit as good as any pump player at snap shooting, moving up the field, etc. And they have a lot more firepower.

I'm done debating this.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 PM #78
GP_cheech

GP_cheech supports Team VICIOUS
there isn't a big pump scene at my field but it's growing. So I'm always playing against semi's,i always thought of it as just the nature of the game now.
GP_cheech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:35 PM #79
Hyden

Pump playing doesn't always make you a better player.

Back in the day when I was on my first tournament team at SC Village there was another team that only played pump (my team played semi auto predominately). When we would play against them playing semi we owned them when we picked up our pumps we owned them as well, and oh yeah when they picked up there semis we owned them their too.

Pump playing does not make you a better player but it does make you concentrate on the most important shot, your first, even if you don't have 5 more coming up behind the first.
Hyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:24 PM #80
Hazardous/2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
No doubt. But Hazardous/2K4 makes it sound like every time he plays pump against pro/upper division semi players - he comes out on top. Which I find to be an utterly rediculous claim.

I know what can and can't be done with a pump gun. Certainly, you can beat a semi player in a gun battle - even an extremely good semi player. But to claim that you can consistantly beat semi players who are at the top of their game, while out-firepowered - is a lie.

Pro speedballers are every bit as good as any pump player at snap shooting, moving up the field, etc. And they have a lot more firepower.

I'm done debating this.
I was simply stating the facts boy....And yes, 75% of the time Pumps come out on top, wheather it be noobs with SL94 or Pros with Luxes, that **** don't matter, Ive played against pro teams like Rockstar, Stoned assassins, AfterMath, Bushwackers, etc etc they are all great players and on top of their game, but they do get shot just like everyone else. And I don't claim to be the best, but from what Ive experienced...Pump Players Dominate!

Now gtfo, this thread isnt for you.

P.S: @Loneassassin Pm me your address, I will send you a Pump kit for the halfie

Last edited by Hazardous/2k4 : 03-17-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Hazardous/2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:10 PM #81
jay3303
West Covina/Covina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazardous/2k4 View Post
I was simply stating the facts boy....And yes, 75% of the time Pumps come out on top, wheather it be noobs with SL94 or Pros with Luxes, that **** don't matter, Ive played against pro teams like Rockstar, Stoned assassins, AfterMath, Bushwackers, etc etc they are all great players and on top of their game, but they do get shot just like everyone else. And I don't claim to be the best, but from what Ive experienced...Pump Players Dominate!

Now gtfo, this thread isnt for you.

P.S: @Loneassassin Pm me your address, I will send you a Pump kit for the halfie
that 3 way doesn't look good on it at all.
Anyways I'm glad he's done debating....supposedly.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 PM #82
PumpLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
I've pumped against electro's. Hell, I've STOCK CLASS pumped against electro's. The only thing I didn't like is that they wipe my hits because they can't stand that someone is actually better than them.

While they're reloading the hopper they just wasted shooting at an empty bunker, I sneak up and one-ball them. It's fun. Heh heh.

Plus nobody knows what my marker is. But then I'm not good with marker names either.
Yeah first day back into paintball in 2 years and I went out with a stock class phantom. Never played pump before and playing with all electros.
Had the time of my life only problem was that I was used to aiming off previous shots in a rope with a semi, if that makes any sense. Also I used copperhead 12 grams and I had 2 duds in a row..
Its defiantly a fun challenge and all the little kids that were there practically worshiped me.
Also I noticed a guy said he goes through a bag in 2 hours? I only went through about 600 rounds in a whole day 10-5 and I literally played game after game after game with little / no breaks. Its nice since I bought a joyride I just load it up and am good for a few games so usually I just lined right back up after it was over.

Overall love it.

Last edited by PumpLove : 03-17-2010 at 09:57 PM.
PumpLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:09 PM #83
JELLO78

has been a member for 10 years
to be honest... when i dont use my pump...other players comment how i snap shoot when i use my Timmy and just playing with ONLY a hopper full of paint and no packs...they dont seem to get it....Is it me? or does it make sense to you guys?...im not trying to be a wana be...i do own a pump but sometimes i like to go on the field and play with my electro and hopper ball it for a few games...and see what i can do....does anyone else do the same thing or is it me?...
Old 03-17-2010, 11:42 PM #84
BiggsFX
Pump Evangelist

BiggsFX has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BiggsFX has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JELLO78 View Post
to be honest... when i dont use my pump...other players comment how i snap shoot when i use my Timmy and just playing with ONLY a hopper full of paint and no packs...they dont seem to get it....Is it me? or does it make sense to you guys?...im not trying to be a wana be...i do own a pump but sometimes i like to go on the field and play with my electro and hopper ball it for a few games...and see what i can do....does anyone else do the same thing or is it me?...
I do the same thing I put my pocket hopper and my 13ci on my Mini and play it like that, Its good times right there. towards the bottom
][nvert Mini : Black #9927 / Kila Detents / Virtue Eyes

paintball is more than just a game...its a hobby

Last edited by BiggsFX : 03-17-2010 at 11:53 PM.
BiggsFX is offline   Reply With Quote