Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-01-2010, 08:55 PM #1
aleucard

Now if this isn't an awesome idea nothing is. (tank concept)

Alright, first, take a look at this video. According to these dudes, that thing can get in the air going at around 70 kilometers (~43.5 miles) an hour. It also looks like it can easily carry 2-3 dudes while doing this, fully loaded to boot. If you're at all like me, your brain just imploded from an overload of things you can do to this sum***** to make it a nightmare for anyone and everyone not on your team. Here's what I propose we do to this.

First, one of the people who run large, relatively open fields with few things tall enough for this puppy to crash in to unintentionally either gets a couple (the damn thing's 13k, I don't think you'll need to break the piggy bank to get 2-4) or lets the players bring their own. Next, you make sure that the players are aware of what the slots are on this thing; driver (either someone who works at the field or the owner of the craft), AA gunner (uses a normal paintball gun to target other aircraft and whatever dudes on the ground he thinks he can reliably plunk in the head from altitude), ground assault (makes use of long-range weaponry such as mortars (launch a paint balloon at an angle, see it go boosh) and hand-dropped grenades to attack ground forces), and one backup/ammo monkey (fills in where needed, passes ammo when necessary). The teams are allowed to use the aircraft in any way they think of (personnel transport, recon, assault, mooning the other team's general, whatever they can come up with). Of course, the craft's got to be covered in places that could make the craft unsafe if shot with anything, but I think that it shouldn't be much of a problem.

This particular craft would probably not do very well in games that register tank kills only when they get hit with something that just makes a noise (how in all the Hells are you going to hear that over a bloody fan on the back of your head?), so having tank kills register when a good chunk of the thing's got a new coat would work best. If you want, I can give a good enough game rule set that could work with this VERY nicely. So, what do you think?
aleucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2010, 10:21 PM #2
DasWolfenstein

I wish I had one of those.
DasWolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:25 PM #3
N2extreme1

It would be hard to keep this thing at walking speed.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:58 PM #4
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
I like it, but I'm still gonna save up for my personal helicopter and powered hang-glider for close air support.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:09 PM #5
aleucard

Ehh... HOW much is this personal helicopter, exactly? Also, What's this about walking speed?
aleucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:19 PM #6
p8ntballer9906

p8ntballer9906 plays in the PSP
p8ntballer9906 plays in the APPA beginner division
scenario rulebook says that tanks can't move faster than walking speed (around 3mph or so) not sure the exact rule number ect... but i know its in there
p8ntballer9906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:51 PM #7
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Your craft!

Congrats on an interesting invention and what it can do. However, I dont see this on a paintball field anytime soon. Launching this craft on a paintball field with shooting capabilities would be a insurance nightmare for field owners. We have enough insurance problems now with tanks. I am sure as your invention because more advertized numerous entities will contact you and find a market for your craft. Who knows I could be wrong and there may be fields out there that would allow you to fly and play. But I would hate to think of what would happen to the persons in the craft or on the ground if it crashed for some reason. People are seriously injured or worse in all kinds of flying crafts every day. Things like this are interesting to watch and I am sure it would be a crowd pleaser. I am not sure how many tank accidents there are every year. I have had two when my tank flipped backwards going up steep hills. No one got hurt with the exception of a few bruises, cuts, and the big one which is pride. For the person whom responded and asked what was walking speed. Thats roughly 5 mph. Walk across the room and thats how fast a tank can go on a field. Thats a safety feature so if it hits someone they wont get hurt.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:22 AM #8
indy007
ND Toy Company

A promoter would have to be seriously, seriously sweet talked into letting a tank on the field that doesn't have brakes.

and those hovercraft are actually well over 5 years old. www.hovercraft.com

The wings come on & off some models on the fly for towing. Build it yourself, buy a used, or turnkey model. Lots of cool options.

Horrible contraption for paintball.