Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-08-2010, 03:12 PM #1
firefightermbc

Do I have a need for any upgrades?

I just picked up a SP EOS from my friend and I was thinking of doing some upgrades but I realized that I don't really know why I would want to upgrade any of the parts.

I play recreationally, just started last year. Will probably play something like a dozen times this year.

The field my friends and I play at is semi auto only and capped at 10 balls per second.

The only that might interest me regarding upgrades is quieting down the gun and increasing reliability. If something quiets the gun but decreases reliability, I'm not interested. If a part increases reliability but makes the gun louder, I'm not really interested either.

Air efficiency isn't an issue unless it relates to how loud the gun is (which I think it might), since air fills are no cost/no hassle at the field. I haven't even fired the gun yet so how loud it is might not even be an issue, maybe this is a really quiet gun. I'm just speaking generally when I say quieter = better because I like to sneak around when I play woodsball.

The gun currently has a shorty CP reg. That's the only change from stock.

I have an ION I bought used last year and that's got a Virtue board in it, it also came with the stock board so I could put the Virtue in this gun at no cost to me but considering what I've written above, I don't see the point.

So what do you think, should I be spending money on anything, or just putting my money into playing more paintball? Thanks.

Mike
firefightermbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:24 AM #2
firefightermbc

84 reads and 0 replies. No one can offer advice?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:06 PM #3
EOS Player
Underground Local Pro

EOS Player owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EOS Player is for the Gunfight
EOS Player supports Pev's Paintball
EOS Player plays in the APPA beginner division
EOS Player has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Ummm... the EOS is a pretty smooth and quiet gun as it is, so upgrades for that arent nessecary because it comes stock with a firebolt. Furthermore considering the EOS has a realy weird board i would put the virtue in it because if your field makes you cap it at ten that's going to be impossible with the stock board.

People that feel the need to post up all of the guns they've own(ed) in their signature should probably just kill themselves.

flickr
EOS Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 AM #4
firefightermbc

Alright, thanks for the advice EOS Player.