PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2010, 11:50 PM #1
Ravd187
The Mick

my oled virtue for my invert mini wont start up

Hello, i purchased a virtue oled with lcd for my invert mini just over a week ago. i installed it, started it, adjusted the settings, shut it down, and put the gun up. i went to toy with it today and the lcd wouldnt start up, but the led came on red. then i changed the battery thinking it was that, and now with old and new battery it wont turn on at all, can anyone tell me what to do???
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2010, 02:11 AM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The OLED boards actually have an OLED display, rather than an LCD.

I have a couple of the OLED boards (Shocker and Ego) but don't know the the Mini one, so I cannot advise you as to the hardware aspects of this board - for instance, if like the Shocker, there is a detachable ribbon connection that may need re-seating.

Your best bet is going to be to contact Virtue, discuss it with them, and see if it can be easily fixed, or if the board needs to be replaced under warranty.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 AM #3
Ravd187
The Mick

Thanks i did call them, and he said it sounded as if it needed replaced so its hitting the mail today. it sucks to know i wont recieve my replacement by game day next weekend. i will just have to go factory i guess.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:15 PM #4
shakenbake55 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravd187 View Post
Hello, i purchased a virtue oled with lcd for my invert mini just over a week ago. i installed it, started it, adjusted the settings, shut it down, and put the gun up. i went to toy with it today and the lcd wouldnt start up, but the led came on red. then i changed the battery thinking it was that, and now with old and new battery it wont turn on at all, can anyone tell me what to do???
did you send it back already? if not pull forgrip off. turn it on. does it go on ok? and when you leave it on and put forgrip back on it works fine and then u turn it off then when you go to turn it back on it wont go back on? if so let me know thats what mine did and i had 2 different virtue boards for my mini before i figured out how to fix it
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:02 AM #5
Ravd187
The Mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbake55 View Post
did you send it back already? if not pull forgrip off. turn it on. does it go on ok? and when you leave it on and put forgrip back on it works fine and then u turn it off then when you go to turn it back on it wont go back on? if so let me know thats what mine did and i had 2 different virtue boards for my mini before i figured out how to fix it
i already sent it back in. at first it was just a red led and no screen, so i thought maybe it was just a low battery, cause i was using the one that came with the mini. i swapped it out and then nothing, no screen no red led, and so i went back to the other battery n still absolutly nothing. what did you do to fix it?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:22 AM #6
shakenbake55 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravd187 View Post
i already sent it back in. at first it was just a red led and no screen, so i thought maybe it was just a low battery, cause i was using the one that came with the mini. i swapped it out and then nothing, no screen no red led, and so i went back to the other battery n still absolutly nothing. what did you do to fix it?
the virtue board in my mini was very picky with the screws that held in the board and the screws that hold the foregrip on. they had to be just right or it wouldnt work right. even changing my battery would turn gun on by itself or make it not turn on at all. i ended up buying virtue eyes and still didnt fix it. then after alot of experimenting i determined that the pins werent making a good connection with the eye board. i ended up bending all of the pins back towards trigger very slightly and ever since its been amazing. if when you get your new board n it still does it, its probably what you will have to do
shakenbake55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:19 AM #7
Ravd187
The Mick

thanks for the tip i will remember that