Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-26-2010, 02:56 PM #1
Sonic04GT

Help installing Ion O-Rings

I just bougt the Smart Parts Seal Kit for my Ion but am unsure where everything goes as some of the O-rings are odd sizes and very similiar to one-another.

The Owner's Manual doesn't really give an accurate description as to what's what.

I have replaced them before with an eBay kit but ended up getting leaks because I used the wrong O-ring on the bolt. Was an easy fix once I heard it leaking down the barrel but I'd like to avoid all this.

All the O-rings in it now are black so I can't really use the different colors in the Smart Parts kit to my advantage.

If anybody has a picture/diagram of the O-rings and their size/placement it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Got my Virtue board, QEV, and seal kit on the way so I'd like to just do the whole overhaul.

Found this as a good start. Would like one with colors/hardness if possible.
http://www.walkonzone.com/vboard/att...4&d=1162891647
Might be a longshot but I was thinking that next time someone has their marker open with stock rings they could look at the above chart and just tell me whether the rings are the cream color or black.

I have a Shocktech reg so don't worry about the stock reg o-rings.

Last edited by Sonic04GT : 02-26-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Sonic04GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2010, 04:33 PM #2
rzhukov

rzhukov is playing at Living Legends III
rzhukov owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
rzhukov supports Bob Gurnsey
rzhukov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The color difference should matter that much, the different colors are different materials softer/harder. I always used black ones everywhere on my ion (ebay o-ring kit) and never had a problem. Plus most odd o-rings are probably for regulator rebuild.
rzhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 PM #3
spug
spuggles

Annual Supporting Member
spug is a Moderator
spug is a Supporting Member
spug is BST Legit
spug donated to help Peyton Trent
spug supports our troops
spug is Legendary
spug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:52 PM #4
Sonic04GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzhukov View Post
The color difference should matter that much, the different colors are different materials softer/harder. I always used black ones everywhere on my ion (ebay o-ring kit) and never had a problem. Plus most odd o-rings are probably for regulator rebuild.
Alright, I figured the hardness made a difference in how much friction/rubbing there is, such as on the bolt. I don't want my bolt having to work harder than it needs to.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:53 PM #5
Sonic04GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spug View Post
I found some pretty decent diagrams including that one but the issue I'm having is actually distinguishing the O-rings themselves.

Thanks for the pic though.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 PM #6
Sonic04GT

Overhaul complete. No leaks first go. Pretty easy once I figured out how to measure O-rings and refer to a sizing chart for diameter/durometer.