Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-27-2014, 05:38 PM #1
tanner_mayfield7

Proto rail 2011 Questions

So to get to the point just got into paintball turning 14 this tuesday and im excited to start playing for real. What i got was a 2011 proto rail. Dye rotor lime tiger (which is sexy as can be in my opinion ) and a gueiralla air 3000 psi tank. And excuse me on my spelling on the tank. So what im going to do is get a clamping feed neck and asa for my rail then get a 4500 tank of whatever so give me your opinioni and how do i put the feedneck on. And most importantly what kind of on and off asa which ive done research where you need macroline and macro fittings and if someone could give me a link to all these things id love them. And a video how to put all these together. I didnt know if you had to get a certain asa or feedneck for my rail. Well thanks for reading this long paragraph and thank you for helping me.
tanner_mayfield7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2014, 11:00 AM #2
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner_mayfield7 View Post
So to get to the point just got into paintball turning 14 this tuesday and im excited to start playing for real. What i got was a 2011 proto rail. Dye rotor lime tiger (which is sexy as can be in my opinion ) and a gueiralla air 3000 psi tank. And excuse me on my spelling on the tank. So what im going to do is get a clamping feed neck and asa for my rail then get a 4500 tank of whatever so give me your opinioni and how do i put the feedneck on. And most importantly what kind of on and off asa which ive done research where you need macroline and macro fittings and if someone could give me a link to all these things id love them. And a video how to put all these together. I didnt know if you had to get a certain asa or feedneck for my rail. Well thanks for reading this long paragraph and thank you for helping me.
First off, welcome to paintball! It's great. You'll love it.
Your setup sounds solid, I have a 2009 Proto SLG and it seems to do just fine on the speedball field beside my Spec-R and Superstock. A Rotor is mega-solid for pretty much any setup you'll run now or in the future.
A clamping feedneck...hmm...well, I know CP makes a good feedneck for almost all markers and people have been happy with it. I run the stock feedneck on my SLG and it doesn't tighten down quite enough to hold my hopper square through doing dives and rolls and whatever.

As for On/Off ASAs, I am of the opinion that "you've used one, you've used them all." Obviously some will be nicer, lighter, or more sleek than others (the Dangerous Power RAPS, the Empire POPS, etc), but they all do basically the same thing. CP is always a good go-to brand for ASAs, although I didn't especially like the one I used...too much labor to fix when it got buggered up.

Macroline is $1 a foot almost universally. It's flexible, easily cut, and did I mention cheap?! Fittings are a little more technical. Ninja makes high-end swivel fittings that almost never leak, but you pay for that. Almost any off-the-shelf macro fittings from Amazon or whatever should serve you excellently. As I recall, the Rail comes stock with braided steel hose, right? You'll have to remove the regulator (foregrip) by unscrewing it from the vertical ASA. After that's out, you can unscrew the fittings from the reg and the ASA with a crescent wrench. Just repeat the process in reverse with the macroline fittings. Screw them in nice and tight with two wraps of Teflon tape before you measure and cut the macroline. Then, just push the ends into the fittings and you're set.

Hope that helped, thanks for reading my longer paragraph.
Noah

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:34 PM #3
Punisher068

The DYE metal aftermarket feedback is probably your best bet,it's high quality,durable and low profile.
CP on\off ASAs are good for the $,DYE also make a nice one but it a little pricey
My 2 2011 PMRs are set up with the DYE feedneck and CP ASAs,haven't had any issues with them
As a sidenote-When you go to crono, if you have to adjust the reg up and you here a slight leak before you can get it to field speed it will be the solenoids safety vent,it's supposed to do this to prevent blowing the noid.If this does happen turn the reg down untill the leak stops and up the boards dwell by 5-10 points
Hopefully you won't have this issue,it's fairly common with this model.
Good to read the sticky on the forum here to get an idea how to do maintenance and diagnose common problems
Good luck,have fun,welcome to paintball
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:51 PM #4
tanner_mayfield7

Thanks for replying to my message and yea the rotor i love got all of it for 285. A awesome steal.
tanner_mayfield7 is offline   Reply With Quote