PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-24-2010, 09:54 PM #1
frznballa

frznballa is for the Gunfight
Need your input.

So im looking for a new gun and highly considering the Creed. because of their rarity i haven't been able to shoot one let alone see one. Could those of you who have one please shed some light on the subject. What are the pros and cons of it? How does it shoot/ feel? anything you could share would be helpful. Thanks
MILE HIGH SAINTS #19

Only Creed in Colorado!
frznballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2010, 09:57 PM #2
megadeth456
The Trooper

megadeth456 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_x View Post
Pros: Bunch of accessories that come with it, really good case, full barrel kit comes stock, full colour OLED that (I think) is the largest in the industry, really easy to use software, USB upgradable, LiPo batt (I havn't bought a 9V in about 6 months and loving it), Shoots like a spool but efficient like a poppit, not a single thing on it needs upgrading, and you'll have something not many other people do (which is the main + for me).

Cons: N/A
I had to...
Old 02-24-2010, 10:03 PM #3
frznballa

haha thats definately stright forward. How does it feel?
MILE HIGH SAINTS #19

Only Creed in Colorado!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09 PM #4
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
L_x posts videos on PbNation
I've heard people compare creeds to DM's in terms of smoothness, not sure I agree totally, but I would say it's about half way between a spool and a poppit in terms of 'feel'. It's a nice middle ground that has a great balance of efficiency and a soft / quiet shot.

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 PM #5
frznballa

well im upgrading...majorly from my current SFT.
MILE HIGH SAINTS #19

Only Creed in Colorado!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 PM #6
megadeth456
The Trooper

what other markers are you looking at?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:20 PM #7
frznballa

i am also looking at the new impulse, and 08-09 egos's. Im not really a dye fan.
MILE HIGH SAINTS #19

Only Creed in Colorado!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:22 PM #8
megadeth456
The Trooper

ok sounds like you know you like poppets. New impulse may not be a wise idea since SP went under.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 PM #9
frznballa

WOW didn't even hear about that :/ so that one is definately out of the question....and ego's it's like who's got the best anno/ laser job. With the creed won't need to worry about that.
MILE HIGH SAINTS #19

Only Creed in Colorado!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 PM #10
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
The creed and the ego share a lot of characteristics really. Both quality builds You can't go wrong with either gun really.

I'd say the ego beats the creed in only two areas. The button pad is better and you can get away with using a LP tank on the ego. Parts availability as well.

The creed beats the ego in rarity, feel(it's smoother), volume(and quality) of accessories, suggested retail price, size, weight, menu simplicity and sexiness(purely subjective).

I feel both guns are equal as far as reliability and ease of maintenance. Which is to say awesome.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" Ti boomstick and cure 3 + bolt F/S

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM #11
paintballa044

paintballa044 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballa044 is for the Gunfight
paintballa044 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
The creed and the ego share a lot of characteristics really. Both quality builds You can't go wrong with either gun really.

I'd say the ego beats the creed in only two areas. The button pad is better and you can get away with using a LP tank on the ego. Parts availability as well.

The creed beats the ego in rarity, feel(it's smoother), volume(and quality) of accessories, suggested retail price, size, weight, menu simplicity and sexiness(purely subjective).

I feel both guns are equal as far as reliability and ease of maintenance. Which is to say awesome.
You cant use a LP tank on a creed?

Custom Laser Vanguard Creed FST
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3372776

Northeastern University Huskies Paintball #23
paintballa044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:35 PM #12
Jim

Jim is a founding member
Jim has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballa044: You can use a LP tank but, HP is recommended. More of a high volume, low pressure situation. I have an LP Crossfire and a new stealth HP Crossfire and the difference is the HPR is about 1/4-1/2 of a turn in with the HP tank on. This equates to a lower pressure the gun is need to achieve the same velocity.

With that said, I've put a good amount of paint through my Creed now to have an opinion of how it is. In one word, awesome. I was skeptical buying something I've never seen, forget even shot. I've been happily shooting my Darq Marq with S/C for months and have had no complaints. Tax refund came around and, suddenly, I was overcome with what I was gonna buy. I suppose I can say this is me trying to stimulate the economy. Regardless, I was torn between a Creed, NT, and 2010 Ego.

The NT was eliminated almost instantly. I played a game with it and came away fully unimpressed. I didn't like the "feel" of it at all. While it is very light and the ergonomics are fine, I just didn't like how it shot. I would prefer a DM8, 9, 10 over the NT.

The 2010 Ego was a serious contender. It shoots nice, looks great, and is common enough to get teched at about every event you can think of. To me that was some of the issue with it. Everyone has one. I have a team mate with one and play with people who have multiple Ego's. So, for me while the gun is an all around fine piece of kit, there wasn't enough new/special with it for me to plunk down my cash.

So I went with a Creed. I had many (upon many) of questions for Eric (shootnpoo) about the gun and he was more than happy to answer. After weeks of pestering the gun was at my door. Since then I've put about 4 or so cases through it. Each and every time I take it out it impresses me. It shoots ball on ball. Is light and easy to point. I find the trigger and trigger frame to be "just right" for my giant hands. Overall, I have no complaints with the gun. I've shot a Pinokio and 7 pods on a 68/4500 and walked off the field with some air. Plenty of gas mileage for me.

It is also a head turner off the field. The milling is flawless with no chatter or swirl marks to be found. People constantly come up and as "is that a Creed, how's it shoot?". I've actually had people I've played against come up to me and ask to trade them for their crap. I actually laughed in one kid's face, which yes, I did feel bad about later.

So there you go. For me this is as good as it gets. Gun is awesome. Eric is a great guy to deal with and has excellent service all around. The gun looks good, shoots even better, and is a breeze to maintain. While it may not be perfect for everyone, it suits all my needs and will be my main gun this season for sure.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM #13
MstrKey

HP vs LP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa044 View Post
You cant use a LP tank on a creed?

You can use it. If you're in semi and not shooting too fast you'll be fine. I personally have had a bit of shootdown at high rates of fire using a LP tank. On 15bps ramp....it will shoot down after half a hopper or so. I suppose if I was using a crossfire LP I might have been ok but the LP tank I was using never had trouble with any other gun.

I probably could have run the HPR higher or whatever to compensate but I like the gun smoother so the easier solution was to use my HP tank. It works much better.

On a positive note you can usually pick up HP tank regs pretty cheap.

Vanguard creed eyes, membrane, bolt pin, detents, gaskets, schraders, orings and more F/s[/color]

Old school angel poppets/cup seals(LCD and A4/speed), spring detents(not sure which models) F/S
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM #14
paintballa044

Quote:
Originally Posted by MstrKey View Post
You can use it. If you're in semi and not shooting too fast you'll be fine. I personally have had a bit of shootdown at high rates of fire using a LP tank. On 15bps ramp....it will shoot down after half a hopper or so. I suppose if I was using a crossfire LP I might have been ok but the LP tank I was using never had trouble with any other gun.

I probably could have run the HPR higher or whatever to compensate but I like the gun smoother so the easier solution was to use my HP tank. It works much better.

On a positive note you can usually pick up HP tank regs pretty cheap.
College has the money strapped so buying something extra isnt worth it... I play psp so its 12.5 ramp and i use a crossfire LP 72/4500 soo i think im gunna hit up shootnpoo to help me adjust my settings

Old 02-25-2010, 02:20 PM #15
Jim

Jim is a founding member
You will have to have a higher HPR and LPR to compensate. Trust me, I know an extra expense is tough to justify now. However, Crossfire has their new stealth reg which is around $30 for the reg alone. It might be worth it to pick one of those up and slap it on your current tank. For the price of a case of white box you have a tank perfectly suited for your gun.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:36 PM #16
paintballa044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
You will have to have a higher HPR and LPR to compensate. Trust me, I know an extra expense is tough to justify now. However, Crossfire has their new stealth reg which is around $30 for the reg alone. It might be worth it to pick one of those up and slap it on your current tank. For the price of a case of white box you have a tank perfectly suited for your gun.
Ugh ill try to get that done but for now adjust the regs correct? Is it that bad if i have the regs set right with the LP tank? Whats gunna happen if i do use my LP tank

Old 02-25-2010, 02:39 PM #17
Jim

Jim is a founding member
Yup. For the HPR unscrew it it 1 1/2 turns. LPR to chrono. I mean, it's not going to make the guns shoot like an A5. But, it is noticeably smoother with an HP tank. Other than that in terms of speed and such it is fine.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:21 PM #18
frznballa

I think that does it for me...looks like when the tex refund comes in, I will be one of the FEW proud owners of the Creed.
MILE HIGH SAINTS #19

Only Creed in Colorado!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:54 PM #19
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
L_x posts videos on PbNation
Good choice!

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 PM #20
DemoBaker

DemoBaker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DemoBaker is for the Gunfight
dude, look , its the gun you need! dont be "that guy" get a creed, there so quiet. kcuf a impulse looks like a drag queen on crack! the creed is like sex in a leather bound box.

if ron burgandy played paintball he'd shoot a creed!
DemoBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:23 PM #21
MstrKey

tanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa044 View Post
Ugh ill try to get that done but for now adjust the regs correct? Is it that bad if i have the regs set right with the LP tank? Whats gunna happen if i do use my LP tank
You're just going to have to run everything at a higher pressure. Might not be quite as smooth as it could be is the only down side.

There is always the possibility of just trading your LP for a HP tank.