Old 12-30-2009, 12:12 AM #1
Ericnord92
Underachiever

Ericnord92 is a Supporting Member
Ericnord92 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Ericnord92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ericnord92 supports Team VICIOUS
Kindle

Any users? Im considering treating myself to one but Im hesitant about it because I'm one of those people who likes being in book stores and the feel and smell of a fresh new book. Although I must admit it would be extremely useful for carrying multiple books. The school bag gets quite heavy after 1-2. Let me know what you think.
Ericnord92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2009, 02:17 PM #2
Absolutt (Banned)

i havent used the kindle but i took a long look at the sony one before

it seems alright, and the whole thing is made to be easy on the eyes but i duno, like you said i still like having the actual book in hand/collection
Absolutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:42 PM #3
Wolffhardt (Banned)

I'm on my second kindle now, and in between the two I had the Nook. There was nothing wrong with the first Kindle, it was stolen at a hotel on a business trip though, so I bought the Nook.. used it for a little while, and then bought the Kindle again.

It revolutionizes the way you read, and it's completely worth it if you spend that much time reading. It's obviously incredible for anyone who's job has them traveling a lot. Best sellers for 9.99 is a nice touch though, and how light and easy it is to use is a lot better. The global internet, and wikipedia is good too.
Wolffhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:34 AM #4
NVme
DO IT^

NVme is a Supporting Member
I would love it as a present for my birthday or Christmas next year, but I enjoy used bookstores and searching for books in thrift stores too much to buy one myself.

I like the Barnes n Noble one tho. It lets you read any book in the Barnes and Noble database for free when you use it in their stores.

Smart Parts Shocker and Nerve for sale-- http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post64062535

Old feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...=NVme+feedback
NVme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:32 AM #5
samurai_x_8140

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVme View Post
I would love it as a present for my birthday or Christmas next year, but I enjoy used bookstores and searching for books in thrift stores too much to buy one myself.

I like the Barnes n Noble one tho. It lets you read any book in the Barnes and Noble database for free when you use it in their stores.
Yeah I suppose that's a neat feature but that alone would definitely not be a decision maker. The only reason they do that is because you can just go get the book off the shelf and read it for free in the store....
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 PM #6
paintballfreak45_2

paintballfreak45_2 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballfreak45_2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My mom has one, and she swears by it.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:50 PM #7
Wrath Man12

I have one. I love mine. If anybody has any questions just PM me.
Wrath Man12 is offline   Reply With Quote