Community Focus

Old 03-08-2010, 07:09 PM #22
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Just make a spring that can accommodate both LP and HP. Will an ego spring work in a geo?
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM #23
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
piggman2 plays in the PSP
piggman2 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbomber220 View Post
well i tested the ninja today vs my crossfire and it definitely is better but unfortunately not too much better. im going to give the LP spring a try and see what that does. im assuming i want to completely shut off my reg and raise it slowly as i have no idea what these tank are really outputting correct?

on a side not: i did try using a cp reg off another one of my guns on the geo and it worked like a charm, i was easily able to raise the velocity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
I wouldn't suggest screwing the adjuster in all the way, as this can lead to damaging the reg seat seal on the tip of the reg piston neck, and you would then need a new reg piston. Screw the adjuster in to reduce the output pressure, but not all the way in.
Yeah DO NOT zero out the reg! As stated by Uziel the reg seat can get damaged. Gerry suggested that with a degassed reg, screw it out as far as it'll go then turn it in four times, gas it up and adjust from there. It won't cause damage to the seat since there will be a space for the piston to travel. I've got a piston on the way from possible seat damage from that very reason.

Everyone I know is in one of two categories,

1. You're either too important to lose to lie to you, or 2. I don't really care about your feelings enough to care what you think so I won't lie to you.....Either way you get the truth.
piggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:26 PM #24
cbomber220

cbomber220 helped look for balloons
ok, don't zero it out. good to know thanks for givin me the heads up guys! prolly saved me so trouble.

Utica Coalition
Henrietta Headshot Milita

Gearbag Sale, Lots of Random stuff you don't want....you need!
cbomber220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 PM #25
Team Capital Offense

Team Capital Offense owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Just make a spring that can accommodate both LP and HP. Will an ego spring work in a geo?
No. the GEO is somewhat pressure specific, and thus has specifically tuned springs. It is also very important not to mix up the springs as this can cause a blown solenoid.

The GEO is really meant for HP. Those who own GEOs but have LP tanks should consider swapping out the regs. The LP spring will make the gun work, but it isnt really the set up the gun was designed for
Old 03-09-2010, 12:53 AM #26
cbomber220

cbomber220 helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Capital Offense View Post
No. the GEO is somewhat pressure specific, and thus has specifically tuned springs. It is also very important not to mix up the springs as this can cause a blown solenoid.

The GEO is really meant for HP. Those who own GEOs but have LP tanks should consider swapping out the regs. The LP spring will make the gun work, but it isnt really the set up the gun was designed for
what kind of problems can be expected from using the LP spring?

Utica Coalition
Henrietta Headshot Milita

Gearbag Sale, Lots of Random stuff you don't want....you need!
cbomber220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 PM #27
piggman2
Numquam non paratus

Annual Supporting Member
piggman2 plays in the PSP
piggman2 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
I had asked for one and was discouraged from getting it by Gerry after we covered a series of things to trouble shoot, (o-ring replacement and correct sizing) because I'm guessing that if you have a HP tank you'll run the risk of over pressurizing the noid. But other than that if you have a LP tank I can't see where anything could arise.

Everyone I know is in one of two categories,

1. You're either too important to lose to lie to you, or 2. I don't really care about your feelings enough to care what you think so I won't lie to you.....Either way you get the truth.
piggman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 AM #28
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by piggman2 View Post
I had asked for one and was discouraged from getting it by Gerry after we covered a series of things to trouble shoot, (o-ring replacement and correct sizing) because I'm guessing that if you have a HP tank you'll run the risk of over pressurizing the noid. But other than that if you have a LP tank I can't see where anything could arise.
That's it really.

There is no great disadvantage to using the LP spring with an LP output tank. That is of course assuming that it is a decent tank with good flow characteristics.

Quite simply, the problem would come if you had the LP spring installed, and then used an HP tank, without first changing the spring in the inline reg back to the normal spring. As stated, there is then a possibility that you could damage your solenoid.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote