Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2010, 06:43 PM #22
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatua View Post
Ok I can't resist anymore..

Who here actually has actual x-ball/speedball experience?

I do. Lots and Lots of it. Been playing speedball since it was invented, and even built my own field.

If anyone here can say that they have played at a mid-high level speedball/xball events with a MECHANICAL automag and were not blown off the field by the other teams, then I take back every word of advice I've given. Heck, I'll even bring my pneumag/ult mag to my next tournament.
I don't need to give an example about myself, I have nothing to prove. But here's an example:

Have you heard of the L.A. Hitmen? They're an all pump team. Last year, they schooled many, many D1 teams, finishing in the top 3 in many D1 tourneys. Look them up if you don't believe me. That's with pump guns. A nicely setup mechanical mag is FAR superior in terms of firepower to any pump gun. So why is it again that a mech semi can't be used in X-ball?

It would be one thing if people were still shooting 15bps. But they're not. They're shooting 10-12bps all the way up to the Pro leagues. I just recieved my ULE Custom w/ ULT in the mail this very afternoon. I just got finished ripping off a nice lane of 10-11bps - and it's my first Mag, not even tuned yet, and no Pneumag mods. It's also about as light as a 2010 Ego, ready to shoot.

I'm having trouble seeing why you can't understand that the performance of these guns is on par to what is currently being used professionally. I think you just can't admit you're wrong.

And if you consider 32 to be an old man, I'm cool with that. Older and wiser, yet I still have the body of a 19 year old...

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2010, 07:06 PM #23
UnbrakableX
xxx

UnbrakableX is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin View Post
I don't need to give an example about myself, I have nothing to prove. But here's an example:

Have you heard of the L.A. Hitmen? They're an all pump team. Last year, they schooled many, many D1 teams, finishing in the top 3 in many D1 tourneys. Look them up if you don't believe me. That's with pump guns. A nicely setup mechanical mag is FAR superior in terms of firepower to any pump gun. So why is it again that a mech semi can't be used in X-ball?

It would be one thing if people were still shooting 15bps. But they're not. They're shooting 10-12bps all the way up to the Pro leagues. I just recieved my ULE Custom w/ ULT in the mail this very afternoon. I just got finished ripping off a nice lane of 10-11bps - and it's my first Mag, not even tuned yet, and no Pneumag mods. It's also about as light as a 2010 Ego, ready to shoot.

I'm having trouble seeing why you can't understand that the performance of these guns is on par to what is currently being used professionally. I think you just can't admit you're wrong.

And if you consider 32 to be an old man, I'm cool with that. Older and wiser, yet I still have the body of a 19 year old...

Honestly that makes me want my original setup pretty badly. What trigger frame do you have on it?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 PM #24
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbrakableX View Post
Honestly that makes me want my original setup pretty badly. What trigger frame do you have on it?
It's got an Intelliframe w/ the "double-groove" trigger style. I think I'm going to eventually swap that out for a blade style trigger, because I like the feel of those better.

But as far as the trigger action goes - this baby is SMOOTH. I thought my mech cocker had a light trigger pull - this one is lighter. I even walked the trigger for about 18 shots - no problems. But it's not as walkable as an electro. (pneumatics will fix that ) I've always been able to straight up pull a trigger fast without walking though - and I'd have to say this is the fastest mechanical marker I've ever shot. I'm not even sure I need the pneumag mods...

The best part though, is that the lvl 10 bolt simply WILL NOT chop a ball. I already tested it on my fingers...

Old 02-25-2010, 09:38 PM #25
jonotwist
fistfull o'sunshine & joy

Annual Supporting Member
jonotwist is playing at Living Legends VII
jonotwist plays in the APPA D4 division
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
jonotwist supports Empire
Quote:
It's got an Intelliframe w/ the "double-groove" trigger style. I think I'm going to eventually swap that out for a blade style trigger, because I like the feel of those better.

But as far as the trigger action goes - this baby is SMOOTH. I thought my mech cocker had a light trigger pull - this one is lighter. I even walked the trigger for about 18 shots - no problems. But it's not as walkable as an electro. (pneumatics will fix that ) I've always been able to straight up pull a trigger fast without walking though - and I'd have to say this is the fastest mechanical marker I've ever shot. I'm not even sure I need the pneumag mods...

The best part though, is that the lvl 10 bolt simply WILL NOT chop a ball. I already tested it on my fingers...
you know the rules in the cocker forum apply here as well.....
no bragging about guns without pics for the rest of the class.

Breakout Actions Sports Wenies Buy Elsewhere
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:06 PM #26
italianstallion7
Esercito di TBernardi

Quote:
Ok I can't resist anymore...

You can't use an RT in PSP rules, maybe you should read the actual posts in a thread before you make one yourself....

To om3n07: That's what I orinigally suggested, to get an emag

Everyone's sayin how I'm being so disrespectful and all. It's only because you want to believe that I'm a troll here to start a flame war so you have all the more reason to ignore my advice.
Who here actually has actual x-ball/speedball experience? If anyone here can say that they have played at a mid-high level speedball/xball events with a MECHANICAL automag and were not blown off the field by the other teams, then I take back every word of advice I've given. Heck, I'll even bring my pneumag/ult mag to my next tournament.
you dont know mags, for one. he wanted a ult, and ults set correctly wont bounce, unless you want it of course.

and i doubt hell play psp, as its a local tourney. you didnt give advice, you simply offered discouragement. any gun can be set legal, x valved mags included.

hes not asking if the mag can be set to workfor D2 xball, i dont recall that ever being mentioned
TBernardi army member #1
~GOVOLTAGE~ fan #3
FEEDBACK +13/-0
www.operationpaintball.com

Emag lowers f/s/t
italianstallion7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:07 AM #27
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonotwist View Post
you know the rules in the cocker forum apply here as well.....
no bragging about guns without pics for the rest of the class.
Oops, I forgot the rules. I'll show pics when my CP ASA comes in...

Last edited by loneassassin : 02-26-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:06 PM #28
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
chatua plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion7 View Post
you dont know mags, for one. he wanted a ult, and ults set correctly wont bounce, unless you want it of course.
I was replying to the person who said he lanes with RTs and thus laneing can be done with mech mags. I was saying how you can't use RTs under PSP rules, thus invalidating his argument. I never said anything about ULTs bouncing.

and i doubt hell play psp, as its a local tourney. you didnt give advice, you simply offered discouragement. any gun can be set legal, x valved mags included.
Regardless of him not playing PSP or not, he will be playing speedball tournaments under PSP rules. There are tons of local tourneys with skilled players. My "discouragement" is advice. I pointed out all the disadvantages to using a mech mag in speedball tournaments, hence my advice was to get an emag if he really wanted to play with a mag. And once again, never did I say mags weren't legal for PSP

hes not asking if the mag can be set to workfor D2 xball, i dont recall that ever being mentioned
And I don't recall ever saying anything about D2 xball. I was simply saying if anyone actually ever used a MECHANICAL automag in a speedball tournament with good teams to some degree of success.
Next time, apply some of that reading comprehension you learned in grade school when you make a reply.

All I am trying to say that using a mech mag will put you at a BIG DISADVANTAGE when playing speedball tournaments. True, with a pneumag, you can walk as fast as people are ramping, but again, that still puts you at a disadvantage. And as I mentioned much earlier, if the OP truely is a league above everyone else, then fine, go for it, otherwise no.

Last edited by chatua : 02-26-2010 at 01:09 PM.
chatua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM #29
WillIbe

Quote:

You can't use an RT in PSP rules, maybe you should read the actual posts in a thread before you make one yourself....
Quote:
And once again, never did I say mags weren't legal for PSP.
an RT is a mag.

just save yourself the trouble of perpetuating an E battle and be on your way. if you want to offer advice, fine. but if you want to whip it out and grab a ruler, go do it alone or get on the field.

looking at your previous posts in all forums, you have a poor attitude and are a negative person. you just need to be a little more mature.

also: it's worth mentioning that automags were around when you were going poo in your baby diapers according to your alleged profile age of 19, which could be -3 to5 years. it's great that you are knowledgeable, but you just need to be more open and not allow your pride to get in the way.

not to mention you live in New Jersey. do we need to go there? maybe that explains your poor attitude. you don't happen to run with 'NJ Devastation' do you?
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."

Last edited by WillIbe : 02-26-2010 at 01:24 PM.
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:41 PM #30
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillIbe View Post
an RT is a mag. That you can't use in PSP you moron. No offense, but you really need to start reading posts before you make replies.

just save yourself the trouble of perpetuating an E battle and be on your way. if you want to offer advice, fine. but if you want to whip it out and grab a ruler, go do it alone or get on the field.

looking at your previous posts in all forums, you have a poor attitude and are a negative person. you just need to be a little more mature. LMAO you're full of it dude. Most of my posts are in BST threads, I rarely post anywhere else.

also: it's worth mentioning that automags were around when you were going poo in your baby diapers according to your alleged profile age of 19, which could be -3 to5 years. it's great that you are knowledgeable, but you just need to be more open and not allow your pride to get in the way. What don't you get that I love automags as much as anyone else here? I love old and unique guns so much that I even have two sheridans, a P68SC and a PMI 1 Which are yes, definitely older than I am.

not to mention you live in New Jersey. do we need to go there? maybe that explains your poor attitude. you don't happen to run with 'NJ Devastation' do you?Why are you bringin where I live into this argument? If anything, you're more of a troll than I am so I'm just gonna keep my cool on this one.
And why does everyone think my advice is so ****ty? Heck, lone assasin just got his FIRST mag, and the OP clearly doesn't even have a mag right now. I on the other hand have these:

I feel confident in my knowledge on mech mags considering I have a pneumag, ULT, RT, and pump. Contrary to what everyone thinks, I know what I'm talking about.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:09 PM #31
WillIbe

you've thoroughly failed to keep your cool guy. hurling insults and such is not keeping your cool.

nobody doubts your knowledge, in fact i stated in my post that your knowledgeable. BUT they disagree with your advice/opinion. that's where you show your age, by failing to realize that people are entitled to their opinions, and respecting their opinions. You have not "respectfully disagreed", you have disrespectfully disagreed, which is why nobody respects you or your advice.

your broad statement of "I never said mags aren't legal" was contrary to you saying "rts aren't legal", as an RT is a mag. that's two english lessons you failed right there. Definitions and contradictions.

like i said, you sound like a hot-head with a lot of hormones rushing around in your blood, so just let your fingers rest. worry about your homework.

the way you have addressed anybody in this thread who disagrees with you has been less than mature. Everybody has provided evidence for their case, yet you hurl insults and skirt the issue.

your gun collection says nothing for your playing abilities, and obviously nothing for your maturity level.
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:34 PM #32
UnbrakableX
xxx

UnbrakableX is a Supporting Member
Quote:
you've thoroughly failed to keep your cool guy. hurling insults and such is not keeping your cool.

nobody doubts your knowledge, in fact i stated in my post that your knowledgeable. BUT they disagree with your advice/opinion. that's where you show your age, by failing to realize that people are entitled to their opinions, and respecting their opinions. You have not "respectfully disagreed", you have disrespectfully disagreed, which is why nobody respects you or your advice.

your broad statement of "I never said mags aren't legal" was contrary to you saying "rts aren't legal", as an RT is a mag. that's two english lessons you failed right there. Definitions and contradictions.

like i said, you sound like a hot-head with a lot of hormones rushing around in your blood, so just let your fingers rest. worry about your homework.

the way you have addressed anybody in this thread who disagrees with you has been less than mature. Everybody has provided evidence for their case, yet you hurl insults and skirt the issue.

your gun collection says nothing for your playing abilities, and obviously nothing for your maturity level.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:43 PM #33
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
Quote:
you've thoroughly failed to keep your cool guy. hurling insults and such is not keeping your cool. I've been rude because everyone else has been rude to me. No one has been playing nice...

Call me arrogant but people have the wrong opinions sometimes. What would the world be like if everyone "respectfully disagrees"? There are things that I may not be sure about, and in which case, I would back down. But on something like this, I am 100 percent positively sure that mechanical automags will put a player at a big disadvantage in xball/speedball tournaments. So, to the people who argue otherwise, you are wrong.

Yea, mags are not specifically banned from use by PSP rules, but PSP does make using a gun that fires multiple times per trigger pull/aka bounces like crazy, illegal. RT mags are illegal under that rule. So what you said in your first post about how lane with RT mags all the time so laning with mech mags is possible does not apply in this case.

like i said, you sound like a hot-head with a lot of hormones rushing around in your blood, so just let your fingers rest. worry about your homework. So I'm the one throwing insults around. Whenever I've called someone a name, I've followed it up with no offense and I meant it. The majority of my rudeness arises when people deliberately choose to interpret my posts as be rude or in response to other people's rudeness towards me.

Again, this only seems to be the case from your point of view is because you read my posts with the attitude thinking I have nothing useful to say but insults.

Showing off my gun collection was meant to put an end to people thinking I know nothing about mags and that I diss them because I was in diapers when they were first around. Besides, obviously a picture of a few guns shows nothing of playing abilities or maturity.
I'm starting to enjoy this.

Last edited by chatua : 02-26-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:46 PM #34
heisman01

heisman01 plays in the PSP
heisman01 donated to help Peyton Trent
heisman01 plays in the APPA D3 division
ill be using my mech mag when i play with our lower team in most 5 man events

all you need is a revy good hp hpa tank (xfire personally) set your ult right and it will be fine

Classic eclipse mag shooter
heisman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:01 PM #35
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
And why does everyone think my advice is so ****ty? Heck, lone assasin just got his FIRST mag, and the OP clearly doesn't even have a mag right now. I on the other hand have these:

I feel confident in my knowledge on mech mags considering I have a pneumag, ULT, RT, and pump. Contrary to what everyone thinks, I know what I'm talking about.
I may have just bought my first Mag, but I'm no stranger to them. I've been playing against them for almost as long as you've been alive. I know what they can and can't do.

Your collection actually proves my point. You should know that in the case of your pneumag at least, it is a very high performing gun - or should be.

If you look at the E-cocker in my sig - that is one hellacious gun - I have never shot its equal in terms of smoothness. I know what a high-end tourney gun shoots like. After just two days with my Mag - my assessment is that it is also a super high performing gun - and I would be quite confident to step on any field with it against anybody.

You have failed to answer many of the questions I've proposed to you. You haven't explained the "huge disadvantages" that you keep talking about.

Instead you just keep flaming and disrespecting everyone.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:07 PM #36
DirtySouth_Jihad
The Last Son of The South

This is why we can't have nice things.

Captain of Marshall County Suicide Guys
DirtySouth_Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:26 PM #37
chatua
99 problems, all *****es

chatua is an NCPA player
Quote:
I may have just bought my first Mag, but I'm no stranger to them. I've been playing against them for almost as long as you've been alive. I know what they can and can't do.
So you form your opinions of automags based on watching other people shoot them....

Your collection actually proves my point. You should know that in the case of your pneumag at least, it is a very high performing gun - or should be.Yea I know it's tits! It shoots like any other electro on semi. But that's my point on pneumags. It's still a disadvantage to have to continually walk your trigger on semi while everyone else can do so leisurely. But another issue would be that on PSP 3 shot, when you're gun battling, your opponent shoots 3 shots at you per trigger pull. I know how much harder it is to actually have to walk you're gun when you're locked in a gun fight, rather than pulling the trigger once and being able to get 3 shots off.

If you look at the E-cocker in my sig - that is one hellacious gun - I have never shot its equal in terms of smoothness. I know what a high-end tourney gun shoots like. After just two days with my Mag - my assessment is that it is also a super high performing gun - and I would be quite confident to step on any field with it against anybody. I agree, you're cocker is amazing, but I don't like it because, well, I actually don't like anything that uses batteries (speak of irony, a kid who only plays speedball but hates electros). But yes, Mags are amazing performing guns, but I have to insist that no matter what skill the player is at, a mech mag would still put a player at a disadvantage for the reaons I have given at the beginning of the thread and again later in this post.

You have failed to answer many of the questions I've proposed to you. You haven't explained the "huge disadvantages" that you keep talking about.
The OP originally wanted to use a ULE mag, probably with a ULT. I explained how that would be a bad idea because ULT mags, despite having an ultra light trigger pull, are still very hard to walk, nonetheless be able to hold a steady lane with. In my whole life, I have only seen one walkable ULT mag, but it was still a challege to consistently walk it at 12.5bps which people playing PSP are shooting.
Another reason is the one I've given above about the gun whole gun battleing shebang.
Therefore, I suggested an emag.
Then, people started suggesting pneumags, which would negate my point on the not being able to lane. However, the issue with gun battling still persists. And no matter what, when people are being able to rip 12.5bps at leisure while you have to constantly drum your fingers on the trigger, still puts you at a disadvantage, e.g., running and gunning while holding you're gun securely is much easier to do wehen you're ramping.
Another reason is reloading. When you're reloading, you're rate of fire will drop by quite a bit unless you're ramping. And I forget, but the one who said he could reload whle shooting 14bps on semi, that's very hard to believe and if true, not many can do it.

Instead you just keep flaming and disrespecting everyone.
Lets go back to every post I've made and you point out where I've insulted people and I'll show you those were either responses to other people being rude to me, or made up by your imagination thinking I write these posts with the intention of disrespecting everyone.
hi

Last edited by chatua : 02-26-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:33 PM #38
loneassassin
A Grim and...

^^^Now was that so hard? At least you've explained your opinions now, and some of them are in fact valid. While I still disagree on a few points, I think the main one is the degree of disadvantage we're talking about.

If I were entering a PSP event in the Pro division (just an example) - sure, I'd use my Cocker - because I pull 3bps, it shoots exactly 12.5, whatever. I get that. I'd be using the gun that gives me every legal advantage possible.

The whole point I've been arguing about though, is that I believe the advantage of having a ramping gun is not as huge as you make it out to be - especially now that rof has been lowered.

Before I bought my first E-cocker, I used mechanical cockers against 15bps ramping Egos, DM's, E-Cockers - I know what you're saying - it wasn't easy - but my team had its large share of wins despite that. Now that the rof has been lowered, it's a lot more of a gray area. That's all I'm saying.

Can we agree to a truce? I'm sick of this negativity, and I've said everything I have to say. Later -

Last edited by loneassassin : 02-26-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:04 AM #39
dcballa
DerekC707

pnuemag or emag or xmag
MOB #88
Scp
Avdg
Valken
Cutting edge paintball
Riot design factory
Derek C
dcballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:24 PM #40
M98Punk
Darth Wang

M98Punk is a founding member
Local tourneys you would be fine... If your trying to get on a Trauma Head Sports DVD (are the still around) then you prolly need an E-mag or find a Boo-ya/Hyperjunk. But a couple weeks ago I dusted off the ole Micromag and played some Rec with some guys that were getting some cheap practice for a tourny held my own in Rec (once I figured out the lay of the land) and showed them a few things when we played X-ball. Now I am an out of shape NorEastern intellectual type (Just got my masters last fall :-D ) and I managed to play mid with what you see in the sig (minus the Q [Grumble grumble soon to be packed up and shipped back from some TLC {full replacement}]
So if you are smart have a good team that meshes and practices good form and technique you'll be fine with a mag

...Especially since you will have an extra 2 hours a week because you won't have to do anything more then oil her up before and wipe her off after you play
M98Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:16 AM #41
Team Live Wire 911
*««FireFighter»»*

Team Live Wire 911 plays in the PSP
Team Live Wire 911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Team Live Wire 911 supports Empire
Where is scott (kartakeeper) when you need him....

I actualy happened to have my 08 ego go down on me last year at chicago open and I had to have a gun and as a joke we had my team mates pnue mag set up. So I used it and it saved my *** in a pinch. We happened to beat the team that match. I have been playing since I was 9 and am now 22 and playing on a D3 xball team and I would pick up a pnue mag in a pinch any day.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:40 PM #42
SN toter
yeah...I had a Super Nova

SN toter is a founding member
I've played several speedball tournaments in the greater Pittsburgh area in the last 5 years with automags. I'll grant you that you cannot lane 12bps consistantly with a mech mag that is NOT pnued, but with one that is you most certainly can. If anything, you have a ROF advantage over the new 12bps rules with a pnuemag.

I should also mention there's a nice piece of mind factor in knowing that while other peoples 1-3 year old space markers were going down my 10 year old classic RT never hiccup'd. I should also mention the aforementioned RT classic had the valve bored out for a ULT and has no trigger bounce with a 700psi input.

This questions was originally about a mag being legal to compete. It is and it can. With the new lower ROF rules it's absolutely a competitor again. Hell even old school cockers are coming back in style - I've been seeing sliders at local speedball tournays already.

oh, and ultimately it's all about skill. example? I reffed the UWL(woodsball I know, but it's a small field and 10 man format, very fast paced) in Chitown last year and watched aftershock murder everyone....with 7 of them using slider framed cockers, one sniper, one mag, and ONE ego. Every other team was rocking maching guns. It was epic.