PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-23-2010, 03:43 AM #1
kristoff00

kristoff00 is for the Gunfight
Pgp1 Co2 Cartridge stuck...

I just bought this bad boy yesterday, so far its not pumping at all, so i took it apart. However I came across a stuck Co2 cartridge and this Nut at the bottom of the gun that the frame bolts to.
  • Do I need to remove this nut to push out the valve? If so HOW???
  • Can I even push out the valve with the cartridge stuck in it?

Since the gun wasn't able to pump, I dont know if the cartridge is even empty, which scares me.

Im not sure but I think the reason the cartridge is stuck is because someone "modded" the bolt that pushes the cartridge in and maybe now its too long.
kristoff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2010, 03:53 AM #2
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
it kinda looks like someone drilled a hold to connect a bottom line, is there can you show another picture from the side showing how much of the nut is sticking out past the body of the pgp itself?

if it is sticking out further then the body maybe take a dremmel with a cut off wheel and cut a slot across the nut from one side to the other (without cutting into the body of the pgp) then useing a flat head screw driver to unscrew it from the body)

as well if you can include another shot showing the whole length of the bottom of the pgp (front and back grip frame screw holes) trying to put it into perspective of what was done to this body.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,

Tiberius T9 Package
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4436345
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:43 PM #3
MrBig

has been a member for 10 years
DO NOT REMOVE THAT NUT. It is called a nutsert. It is what the front grip frame screw screws into. If you remove it, you will not be able to reattach the grip frame.

The CO2 plug is not modified, that is how it is suppose to look. Possibly, someone added the washer between the two parts, but that would not case any issues.

Remove the back plug, the spring, and hammer. Look down the bottom tube from the back and see the valve stem stick out of the valve. Put a wooden dowel or something else similar down there and tap on that. This will case the pierce pin to hit the 12 gram and hopefully dislodge it. This has ALWAYS worked for me.

Other ideas are to put a towel on the floor and tap the end of the gun straight down to hope and dislodge the 12 gram. Or to drill/tap a hole in the 12 gram and put a bolt in so that you can pull it out.

The valve will need a special tool to remove. To completely disassemble the gun you will need to take out the 12 gram, but to use the gun you are going to need to remove it anyhow.

I hope this helps.
MrBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:01 PM #4
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
DO NOT REMOVE THAT NUT. It is called a nutsert. It is what the front grip frame screw screws into. If you remove it, you will not be able to reattach the grip frame.

Whoops.. For some reason or another I didnt even notice thats what that was ,its been a while since I took mine apart and that second hole just behind the nut I was thinking was the hole the grip screw goes into , the other hole looked like it was done afterword for the bottom line co2 mod..

being thrown off like that was the reason i asked for other shots showing the whole bottom front to back..

good catch on my bonehead thought...

sorry to the op for a close call.being it was late and being tired I wasnt thinking clearly,

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM #5
MrBig

Don't kick yourself too hard. If you have a newer cartridge valve in yours, you wouldn't even have a nutsert. You would only have a small hole, because your screw would screw right into the cartridge valve itself. The older valve style is the only style that used the nutserts.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:28 PM #6
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Don't kick yourself too hard. If you have a newer cartridge valve in yours, you wouldn't even have a nutsert. You would only have a small hole, because your screw would screw right into the cartridge valve itself. The older valve style is the only style that used the nutserts.
there ya go..
I dont need the valve tool becuase its held in place by the grip frame screws.. I guess I just got a little to use to that..

Tiberius T9 Package
Old 02-25-2010, 02:24 PM #7
kristoff00

thanx

I took out the cartridge with the blunt side of a screwdriver and hammered it. Thanks guys

I got the cartridge out cleaned everything, mechanically it works great however I tried to shoot it the first cartridge worked great then the second one had a slow leak but now I put in the cartridge and pull the trigger and the whole cartridge blows out (emptys quik)???

What's it need? A seal?

Last edited by kristoff00 : 02-25-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:47 PM #8
MrBig

Sounds like you need a new Chamber Face Seal. The orange seal that the cartridge sits against.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:17 PM #9
kristoff00

Lol ya, I guess I do. I remember it falling out but I've never seen an orange seal so I just thought it was somekinda paint build up. But I came across 2 pgp 2k's that work flawlessly so imma just let the pgp 1 sit for a bit
Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 PM #10
MrBig

If you want to sell it, let me know.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:31 AM #11
Tim 13
In Soviet Russia...

Hey guys,

I'm having the same problem on my gun, and worse, I'm a newbie, so I don't understand the instructions Big gave to fix it could someone dumb it down a bit for me?

XBL Gamertag - Tim Kaine

Gun setup
Spyder Pilot ACS: Extreme Rage 9v Hopper, CCM Clamping Feed Neck, 14" 32 Degrees Whisper Barrel, Red Dye Grips
-and-
Sheridan PGP Pistol: Busted as hell; it's a work in progress.
Tim 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:32 PM #12
MrBig

Quote:
Remove the back plug, the spring, and hammer.
Remove the back screw from the grip frame. This will let you remove the back plug and the spring and hammer should fall out.
Look down the bottom tube from the back and see the valve stem stick out of the valve.
This is the little metal "rod" that should be sticking out.
Put a wooden dowel or something else similar down there and tap on that.
Tap on the dowel that is.
This will case the pierce pin to hit the 12 gram and hopefully dislodge it.
This is what happens. It doesn't really matter if you understand it yet.
This has ALWAYS worked for me.

Other ideas are to put a towel on the floor and tap the end of the gun straight down to hope and dislodge the 12 gram. Or to drill/tap a hole in the 12 gram and put a bolt in so that you can pull it out.
Or, after removing the co2 plug, rise the gun in the air and quickly lower the gun. Inertia may be enough to have the 12 gram come out. (Don't do this by anything expensive. Better yet, do it outside facing away from you house or car.)

I hope this helps.
I hope this helps.
Edits in RED.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:18 AM #13
Tim 13
In Soviet Russia...

Very helpful, but I do have one question; I think I may have found the answer already, but hopefully I can get an easier answer. lol

The back screw from the grip frame, is that the one that I have to order a special part to unscrew, or is there another screw I'm missing that can be removed with a philips head or something?

XBL Gamertag - Tim Kaine

Gun setup
Spyder Pilot ACS: Extreme Rage 9v Hopper, CCM Clamping Feed Neck, 14" 32 Degrees Whisper Barrel, Red Dye Grips
-and-
Old 04-13-2010, 10:21 PM #14
sniper42

The screw you need a special tool to unscrew is actually a nut that holds the valve in. If you look in the lower tube there is a square nut that holds the valve in. This needs a valve tool to remove it.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:03 PM #15
Tim 13
In Soviet Russia...

Not the answer I wanted, but it was the one I expected. lol, thanks, man.

XBL Gamertag - Tim Kaine

Gun setup
-and-