PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-21-2010, 04:59 PM #1
EgoKilla44
"Stay Golden Pony Boy"

GEO Velocity Question

Had my new Geo for a couple of weeks. Shot a couple of cases through the gun with the stock bolt. Velocity stayed very consistant with the stock bolt, hovered around 280 fps.

A couple of days ago I got the new ST kit and installed it. Went out yesterday to test it out and my velocity was very very low, around 200 fps. I adjusted the screw on the inline reg and the prop shaft screw. The highest velocity I got was about 230 fps.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this may be and how to fix this situation? I would really appreciate the help.
EgoKilla44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2010, 05:02 PM #2
Suspicious Itch

Suspicious Itch owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Did you put the 2 half velocity restrictors around the prop shaft...? Or did you only install the bolt and can.
Suspicious Itch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:03 PM #3
austin3897
NOT a 2k9'r

austin3897 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
austin3897 supports Team VICIOUS
did you put in the volume restrictor to? the black thing that comes with the st kit?
or did you not up your dwell by 2ms?
austin3897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:14 PM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
As mentioned above, if you did install the volume restrictors, take them out again; they are actually intended specifically to reduce the velocity of your marker, and should only be installed when you are looking to shoot at very low velocity - when using Reballs for instance.

While the ST kit works perfectly well with normal paintballs - and is certainly still advantageous when doing so - one of the purposes of the ST kit was to make the Geo more compatible with Reballs. Amongst other things, lowering the HPR pressure and/or the dwell in order to reduce velocity lead to cycling issues. The volume restrictors are included to reduce the amount of air used to propel the ball, allowing for a lower velocity without having to drop the dwell or pressure.

If you want full velocity, you don't install the volume restrictors.

As Austin mentioned, dropping the ST kit straight in to your marker without increasing the dwell could also lead to a reduced velocity.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:16 PM #5
ttblack

I have the same issue. I have the GR-2 and the GST kit and the best I can do is 270-285 with the HPR adjusted all the way out. No I do not have the Vol restr. on. Actually I put it on my stock prop shaft so I don't have to take it on and off.

I also fiddled with the Volume screw on the prop shaft with out much difference.
ttblack is offline   Reply With Quote