Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-21-2010, 08:56 AM #1
Magus Shadow

Virtue OLED Traning Mode issue...

Sorry if this doesn't warrant it's own thread, Mod can feel free to delete this if I missed something in my search of other threads where this would have been more appropriate.

Noticed an Issue with my Mini OLED board, there doesn't seem to be a way for me to run drills while in training mode.

With one of my Profiles set to Training mode, and Drills set to ON, I cannot cycle through my drills when I power on the marker like I can when I say, have it on Semi Auto or another firing mode. While I understand that actually shooting paint is the best way to train, it seems like using training mode and drills in combination would be the second best way to go about it. Is there something I am missing? Could this be in a future update?

Anyone with an OLED understands the features and options I am talking about but for any onlookers, Training mode decreases the dwell to save air, make the marker quieter and it won't let the marker fire if a ball is in the breach. Its a more responsive way to get a feel for the gun at home or in the back yard than simply clicking a noid. The Drills are a series of exercises you can utilize to get your muscle memory down and make yourself faster for some key manuver that we all use. So, Gun UP drill beep after a random amount of time, you'll have your gun on the net and when you swing it around and fire a shot, you can see how much time it took from beep to fire. There are a lot of drills to play around with, so its good. I realized as I was typing that when someone saw me saying "I can't drill when I train" and didn't know the features of the board, it may have been a bit confusing :-p
Rocking the Invert Mini
Magus Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2010, 12:47 PM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
I believe that if you read the manual, it states that training drills are combined with a live firing mode, and that if you want to drill without paint, you should turn your eye off. While it doesn't say as much, I would take this to mean that it won't work with training mode, as it isn't a live firing mode.

If you are using the drills within a specific profile, you could always reduce the dwell within that profile to give the same effect as training mode, though you would have to turn the eyes off, and be careful not to have paint in your marker.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:12 PM #3
Magus Shadow

Right, it's not too hard to simulate training mode just by changing a few settings, outside of the eye mode of course. It would be nice, though, to have it in it's own default without sacrificing a profile. Since they have the power to update via usb, maybe we'll see it in the future?
Rocking the Invert Mini
Magus Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:16 PM #4
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
It's certainly a possibility.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:40 AM #5