PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 PM #1
Graybass_20x6
Captain

Tiberius SA-8 leak...help?

So I decided today to take apart my Tiberius SA-8 to do come cleaning. I didn't completely disassemble it, just the gun body from the trigger frame, and then the valve body from the gun frame.

Upon reassembly, I put a magazine in only to have a ball break and sputter out. I took it apart again, and looking at the manual, realized that I might have seated the bolt too far. I kept the bolt forward, assembled, and tried again. This time, there's just sputter and air leaking. I can't ever tell if the bolt is seated properly in the trigger sear or if the leak is somewhere else.

Also, the gun frame is having trouble seating flush with the trigger/regulator assembly. I made sure that tiny O-ring is in place, yet when I screw in the front screw into the gun frame, the back begins to gap. I don't know if this is where the leak is.

I'm at the end of my rope. I can't tell how to seat the bolt in the trigger sear properly, or if there's another reason why CO2 keeps sputtering out or leaking from the mag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Spyder Xtra Psycho Special
Spyder TL Relic
PMI Tagmaster
Graybass_20x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 PM #2
chaibill

Maybe the pin that goes into the co2 part of the mag is not lined up right.
Lapco t8 t9 barrel 14 inch for sale.
Mini parts stock ASA ,stock bolt. Color kits black or bronze green. Pm me with mini parts.
chaibill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:47 AM #3
Graybass_20x6
Captain

Well, I took apart my gun again, and found that the trigger assembly was off (I forgot to set the sear spring correctly).

What I also found out, after consulting the manual, is that I am missing the trigger return spring (the curved-looking spring that apparently attaches to the pushrod; item #13 in the trigger group diagram).

I don't know if one of these is on the SA-8 to begin with. I never saw it, but that could mean that it flew off before I realized it. Does the SA-8 have one of these, and would that missing spring cause a leak?

GRAYEDIT: I fixed the problem. I'll pass my stupidity along as a lesson learned.

As it turns out, part #13 is an optional part. It seems that any Tiberius could come with either part #13 (trigger return spring) or part #16 (trigger torsion spring). Gotta love the fine print on the PDF.

My error was that part #12 (sear spring) was not set correctly. In my haste, I didn't set it correctly under the sear. Also, the rotator spring (part #15) was reversed. Setting these parts correctly must have been the error, or this malfunction did not allow the bolt to sit on the sear correctly.

Admittedly, I got frustrated and didn't focus on the details. I'm sure everyone's had that sort of moment.

Chaibill, I thank you for the quick response. That got my train of thought rolling, and led to the fix.
Spyder TL Relic
PMI Tagmaster

Last edited by Graybass_20x6 : 02-21-2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Figured it out.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:57 PM #4
chaibill

Your welcome Graybass 20x6
Lapco t8 t9 barrel 14 inch for sale.
Mini parts stock ASA ,stock bolt. Color kits black or bronze green. Pm me with mini parts.
chaibill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:37 AM #5
Graybass_20x6
Captain

Bump with an update.

I took the SA-8 out to shoot for a bit. I shot two clips, and put in one more. Immediately, the same leak occurred, as the sear spring slipped right off of the sear again. I disassembled it, placed the spring back under the sear, and tried it again to no avail.

I know EXACTLY what the problem is. I just can't figure out how to rectify it.

It seems like the trigger sear keeps slipping off of the bolt sear. I've tried everything to keep from this happening to no avail.

I'll see if I can get pictures up soon. Any suggestions?
Spyder TL Relic
PMI Tagmaster
Old 03-09-2010, 06:42 PM #6
Bosgarage57

I too would like to know whats wrong, I am having the same problem. But mines not leaking, when I assemble everything nothing happens when I put the mag in. It seems like it isnt getting air, but when I disengage the mag air comes out like normal release.
WGP Trillogy Comp, Trilly Comp SF, Synergy
Syndicate Misfit, Piranha R6
Bushmaster/Defiant gen 3, BKO
Zeus G2-Bottomline, hopper adapter, stock.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:51 PM #7
Graybass_20x6
Captain

Bump with pics. This is what's happening.

(Ignore the duct tape, but do tell if it's not helping.)

This is what I assume the sear assembly is supposed to look like.

After assembling the sear to the frame (with the bolt all the way forward) and then reassembling the gun, I try firing it. Sometimes it fires once and upon another trigger pull doesn't fire, or it sputters and leaks.

This is what I end up seeing when I disassemble the gun again. As you can see, the trigger sear is inexplicably off of the bolt sear.

I'm at a loss on how to keep the trigger sear set underneath the bolt sear. Every time I take the gun apart after trying to tinker with it (hence, the duct tape), it slips off again.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd really rather not spend money on taking it in and having it fixed when I can see the problem clearly.
Spyder TL Relic
PMI Tagmaster