PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2010, 08:55 PM #1
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

What was your first tank on tank kill?

This is for Tank crews. Im sure we all remember our first tank kill in a game. post your stories

Heres mine

This was our first kill . It was at ION a few years ago. We set up and camoed our panzer in the "Moguls" in front of a flag that we where sent to defend. We faced in the center of 2 paths tanks were likley to come to get through the misc obstacles.

After sitting for about 20 mins of nothing out comes the "Tyrell Tank" aka nelson. We had some mortar guy shelling the allied positions . he was set up about 100 yards in front of us. Nelson shot them up good i could see them running for cover. ( i dont know what ammo the mortar fired)

Then the allied tank made its last mistake. he came stolling right down the path and didnt see us. I lined up my 8.8 cm Kannone ( 2inch really lol) and fired. THUD i heard it hit from 70 yards away.(my engine was off) the ref confirmed the kill, I got out of the tank and high fived my two 1.SS panzer grenadiers that where defending with me. Tears of joy flow from our eyes! ok no not really but your first tank kill is pretty damn fun. Specially after waiting 2 years to run into another tank.

post up some tank kill stories someone

heres a pic of my panzer right before we got our first kill. notice no kill rings on barrel

we have a few more now

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 02-21-2010 at 04:12 PM.
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:46 PM #2
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Tank Kill!

BlackAngelSS,

You indicated you got your first tank kill against me at "ION 07". Since you have such detail of this first kill what day was it on. I didnt play at all the first day on Saturday and only ran the tank on Sunday roughly the last two hours of the game. Would have been a little longer but the tank broke down and I had to call for a tank extraction. I dont think I was taken out during these last missions of the game. I recalled today I was role playing and distributing props out to teams for game cash. The way I got in the game was the American General came by our area and indicated he needed a tank for an assault. I was the only one in camp and I told him it would cost him the remainder of his game cash for the request. He gave it to me (around $500K) and I got in the tank. It was the first time I was ever in a tank and I had a blast running those few missions until the tank shut down on me in the middle of the beach. This is what got me hooked in playing again. At that time our tank looked completely different then it does today. It was a one man tank and covered with cloraplas. (Very Ghetto) Perhaps if you got your first kill prior to my late Sunday missions you took someone else out in the Tyrell tank. Maybe Al Steel or Elden. Which to some on the German side would have been a bigger kill prize claim. I realize during this timeframe we didnt know each other. If it wasnt me in the tank then I still congratulate you on your first tank kill against Tyrell.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum
Cromagnum Tankerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:04 PM #3
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromagnum Tankerman View Post
BlackAngelSS,

You indicated you got your first tank kill against me at "ION 07". Since you have such detail of this first kill what day was it on. I didnt play at all the first day on Saturday and only ran the tank on Sunday roughly the last two hours of the game. Would have been a little longer but the tank broke down and I had to call for a tank extraction. I dont think I was taken out during these last missions of the game. I recalled today I was role playing and distributing props out to teams for game cash. The way I got in the game was the American General came by our area and indicated he needed a tank for an assault. I was the only one in camp and I told him it would cost him the remainder of his game cash for the request. He gave it to me (around $500K) and I got in the tank. It was the first time I was ever in a tank and I had a blast running those few missions until the tank shut down on me in the middle of the beach. This is what got me hooked in playing again. At that time our tank looked completely different then it does today. It was a one man tank and covered with cloraplas. (Very Ghetto) Perhaps if you got your first kill prior to my late Sunday missions you took someone else out in the Tyrell tank. Maybe Al Steel or Elden. Which to some on the German side would have been a bigger kill prize claim. I realize during this timeframe we didnt know each other. If it wasnt me in the tank then I still congratulate you on your first tank kill against Tyrell.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum
lol. it doesnt matter who it was. but it was you ,and it was your current tank late sunday afternoon at ION 08. I just wanted to hear some stories from other tankers. Everybody whos been a tanker has them

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 PM #4
LordOderus

My friends built a simple tank onto a 4 wheeler they have. Used it in a few woodsball games at their place. It was more of a APC than a tank, as it didn't have a main gun or cannon, just mounted guns inside and gun slits.

I was in the back as gunner, and my friend was driving, we flew through a field to get behind the other team, they ran into some deep dense woods to get away from us. The driver followed them in and I opened up on them with the mounted A-5. We did a bit of a drive by and strafed the other team. Got one or two of them on that pass. The driver got the tank into a narrow spot and couldn't turn around, so he started to back up. We couldn't really see where we were going and we sank into some deep mud and couldn't get out. The other team seeing the tank was stuck, started to rush it. I popped open the back hatch and dove out, giving myself some nice friction burns on my shoulder on the way out. I took a few shots at the charging team to back them off. I then helped push the tank out of the mud and we got rolling again. I used the tank as a screen and we advanced and took out a few more of the other team. We were way back by the enemy base at this point and started getting swarmed. The driver jumped onto the A-5 and started spraying people down while I covered his back. Eventually he told me to make a break for it and he was gonna try to get the tank out of there. I ran towards our lines but he got swamped with guys and taken out. It was a fun time and a fun experiment. Looking forward to playing with tanks again this year only more in depth. Currently have plans for at least 1 additional tank and a few anti tank weapons, plus a bunch of scenarios in the works. Going to be a good season!
LordOderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:43 PM #5
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Tank Kill!

Well if it was ION '08 then it was me. No big deal. That wasnt a good weekend for me anyway. Especially when someones rocket went thru my port hole and hit me in the back of the head. I had a huge bump on my head and almost went home the next day and quit. I didnt feel right for days. I'll try to sit back and think about my first when I have the time.

Treaddz
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 PM #6
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromagnum Tankerman View Post
Well if it was ION '08 then it was me. No big deal. That wasnt a good weekend for me anyway. Especially when someones rocket went thru my port hole and hit me in the back of the head. I had a huge bump on my head and almost went home the next day and quit. I didnt feel right for days. I'll try to sit back and think about my first when I have the time.

Treaddz
"port hole" what are you a tanker a sub Captain lol.

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 02-25-2010, 06:29 PM #7
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

I think my first kill!

The more I have thought about this post I believe my first tank kill was at ION'08 against the Black Tank. I think I also had a second kill that weekend but dont remember whom the tank belonged to because I didnt know much about the teams at the event. Recalling the real details of the encounter now is kinda speculative but it was a long range shot of around 40-50 yards. Basically I saw his tank and another on the beachhead and went slowly straight at it and fired. My shot hit this tank right in the windshield. I found out later the other tank had been taking out. I believe this was on Sunday sometime because I do remember getting shot up alot on Saturday in many regards. On Sunday was the better day because I had a guest topgunner who was Lady Liberty (AKA Lora Croft) from Team Nighthawks. She was witness to my first kill and we high fived in the tank. On another twist. Her husband Sean had built a replica mini gun (aka Ol' Painless from Predator 1 w-Jesse Ventura). During the Saturday game he had it strappped to his side and shooting it. Then that night we joked about putting it on the tank to surprise the Germans. So early Sunday morning we mounted it on top of my tank and ran a few missions with it. When she opened up with the mini gun I had not at that point seen so much paint come out of a gun at one time. It was just a constant stream of paintballs. When I asked her if she was hitting anyone she replied "I am not sure they are all running away". I fact I watched it so much I didnt see a RPG guy sneak up and take us out. My Bad!! My fondest weekend though was at the November '09 Fulda Gap game at CDPaintball, NC. I had seven kills in the two day event. Even had a few kills on those scaled tanks which made it sweeter! BlackAngel to answer your question. I should have said window! But sometimes when your under alot of fire fom paintballs breaking on your tank. You can get slimmed inside from the spray from those windows or ports.
Treaddz
Old 02-25-2010, 09:06 PM #8
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

wow so the minigun actually worked huh. i havent seen one of those in action in paintball yet

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 02-26-2010, 11:33 AM #9
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Battle of the Bulge a long, long, long time ago. First day of play in my brand new walking tank. The ATST (now deceased)

German armor did not make the game on horn. A small infantry squad was at Mid field at a road block just like in the movie and the WHOLE German army came rolling down on top of them. Once contact was made, Allies could deploy to repel and reinforce the Road block. Our guys took off running and I waddled after them. Allied managed to HOLD the road block until I got there. HUGE firefight and everybody was having FUN..

Again, No German armor on the field yet. My tank pretty much walked over the German positions. Shot, surrendered, or ran off and rolled them back all the way to their headquarters with 80% of their team in the dead box. Had about half of our infantry advancing right behind me.

At the time, it seemed like the right thing to do. I just walked my tank through the door and INTO the German headquarters, killed the General for 50 points and invited all to surrender or be shot. Most chose NOT to. 30 seconds later our infantry came through the door and a bloodbath ensued.

Turns out they had no RPGs and were not expecting any allied armor. Tactical error.

30 minutes later, the Producer came to me and said even though the rules SAY my walking tank can go ANYWHERE on the field of play, that in their wildest dreams, they never imagined a tank would ever be able to go INSIDE any structure much less the enemy's HQ. So he needed to ask me NOT to go inside stuctures.

Finnally, the two German tanks got on the field. They were unprepared to engage a walking tank. The kill targets were located on the SIDES of the tanks and way back then most tank roads were one lane, one way roads. So tanks rarely had an opportunity to engage each other. They did not have a side shot at another tank. The result was many tanks did not have CANNONS in their tanks. Simularly, BOTH of their tanks did NOT have a cannon on it and they were defenseless. I could be off the side of a tank road and they were EASY pickings. Got 13 tank kills that day at 50 points per tank kill. 750 points!

I could be eliminated with a flame thrower or hand grenade in addition to a Nerf round. Grenades sold out but not managed to splatter me. Inexperienced grenade throwers. I was finnally killed Sunday by getting too close to the side of the tank before I shot and got squirted by an improvised flame thrower made out of a ketchup bottle 'borrowed' from somewhere. Had to give it too him as a flame thrower kill.

I have not had that many tank kills in the near decade since in my walking tank had its opening debut. They adapted.....
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:24 PM #10
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

I always laugh when the other guys miss with thier nades. One time i counted at least 6 enemy grenades that missed all around us in a 5 minute period.
Ive had a few players slam dunknades in my open hatch. but ive always shot them up pretty good after they did so. ( nades usually only disable you on the first hit so you can still shoot)

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 02-28-2010, 03:53 PM #11
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Quote:
I always laugh when the other guys miss with thier nades.
Yep, but it is a BIGGER HOOT when the grenade bounces off your netting and springs right back at them and kills THEM! Had it happen twice. You should see the look on their face. First was tossed by a guy in a bunker as I walked by. Bounced off the angled netting and right back into the bunker and kill a bunch of players. "What the..?" The other guy actually caught it and threw it back for a second try. I was too busy laughing to shoot him and died with a smile on my face..... He got the last laugh!

FYI I run in a walking tank and the 20 foot rule is rarely enforced for attacking grunts with grenades. No safety issue. I have taken numerous grenade 'showers' by suicide grunts that wanted to make sure my tank was killed. Why chance a throw? I hate the patter of feet coming up behind me.

Last edited by Boom Master : 02-28-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 PM #12
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

the best is when you drive up behind some bunker and theres a guy between you and it fully exposed. the look in their eyes is awesome. then they cower as they get shot lol

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 03-01-2010, 08:52 PM #13
uterbraten
Fine German Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAngelSS View Post
the best is when you drive up behind some bunker and theres a guy between you and it fully exposed. the look in their eyes is awesome. then they cower as they get shot lol
Wow does anyone else see that to be as homo erotic as i do?
Its the best when theres a guy fully exposed between you and a bunker...
and the look in their eye when they cower as you shoot it on their face....

Last edited by uterbraten : 03-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.
uterbraten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:48 PM #14
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Happens to my walking tank all the time. No motor noise. Its is a hoot. I just tell them to surrender or I will hunt them down at their camp sight and tell all their friends they let a TANK sneak up on them. They laugh and surrender. Usually anyway.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:43 PM #15
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by uterbraten View Post
Wow does anyone else see that to be as homo erotic as i do?
Its the best when theres a guy fully exposed between you and a bunker...
and the look in their eye when they cower as you shoot it on their face....
If you spend your time thinking of guys in gay awkward positions thats your gig not mine lol

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 PM #16
uterbraten
Fine German Sausage

Quote:
If you spend your time thinking of guys in gay awkward positions thats your gig not mine lol
Sorry its just that your posts get me all hot and bothered when you talk about players dunking nads in your open hatch

Last edited by uterbraten : 03-04-2010 at 10:39 AM.
uterbraten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:50 AM #17
N2extreme1

Quote:
I always laugh when the other guys miss with thier nades. One time i counted at least 6 enemy grenades that missed all around us in a 5 minute period.
Ive had a few players slam dunknades in my open hatch. but ive always shot them up pretty good after they did so. ( nades usually only disable you on the first hit so you can still shoot)
Wouldnt this violate teh 20ft rule? So you would still be live and they would be dead for breaking the rule. No need to shoot them at that point but still fun non the less
Old 03-04-2010, 01:54 AM #18
N2extreme1

I cant recall my first kill but there is one that stands out. 1st day using the tank and I was on top of a hill a good distance away. Far enough that the shot seemed like a sure miss but the tank was in the valley down below just sitting in the open. I had about 10 players around me at the time. Lined up the turrret, took aim and let the rocket fly. It seeme like it was in the air for a good 5 secs. Thwack! Dead hit! Everyone around me was jumping up and down. Im just glad that I wasn't the only one to see it. Kinda like the big one that got away.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:12 PM #19
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2extreme1 View Post
I cant recall my first kill but there is one that stands out. 1st day using the tank and I was on top of a hill a good distance away. Far enough that the shot seemed like a sure miss but the tank was in the valley down below just sitting in the open. I had about 10 players around me at the time. Lined up the turrret, took aim and let the rocket fly. It seeme like it was in the air for a good 5 secs. Thwack! Dead hit! Everyone around me was jumping up and down. Im just glad that I wasn't the only one to see it. Kinda like the big one that got away.
thats awesome! long range shots are the best.

As for the 20 ft rule you are right at most fields we wouldnt even be considered out. but ill shoot the guy either way after that lol

1.SS Panzer Korps

Last edited by BlackAngelSS : 03-05-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 PM #20
CRAPGAME
PUMP REVOLUTION

Annual Supporting Member
first kill was in our tank down at USANA, took out a jeep cherokee tank from about 30yds shooting a mks launcher through a set of trees.very lucky shot. made me tingly.

first kill on foot was this past Feb up at strategy plus. shot your tank adam and the miller tank with one of our new metadynes a bunch of times. great times
CRAPGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:26 PM #21
foreverpsycotic
Gun Whore in training

Annual Supporting Member
foreverpsycotic owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
foreverpsycotic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My first kill was using BlackAngelSS's own AA gun against him at the Russian Front this year. After about 20 missed shots between us, we finally bounced one off of his nose to end the firefight.

TeamDelaware
Team Delaware #09
foreverpsycotic is offline   Reply With Quote