Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2010, 05:35 AM #1
TboneR

Looking to upgrade my dye reflex. What do you think?

I've been out of the game for 5 years. Bought this Dye Reflex about two years ago and been in my closet ever since. College sucked but Im an RN. To the point... Besides a new bolt which I'm desperately looking for someone who knows someone who can make a Delrin bolt, I was thinking about buying new pneumatics for it. That's the main problem I've seen many people have with the marker. What are your suggestions besides a new trigger frame or barrel? Ps.... If you know someone who can make me a delrin bolt, please don't be shy. Thx
TboneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2010, 08:17 AM #2
tacxplosion

bolts: any evo length bolt should fit if you want options go to
http://www.alamocitypb.com/wgp_autoc...vorp_block.htm

if your pneus work there's really no reason to change them, but if you absolutely must, then get an AKA or palmers LPR, and a belsales or shocktech 3-way, the ram should be fine unless it leaks. As far as the barrel goes, the best thing would be a barrel kit or a bore of less than .686, as most paint seems to be around that diameter or less. The stock trigger frame is fine but if you must change it get an eclipse or ANS 90º frame if you want hinge, or a good slider with a roller sear if you want a smoother, longer trigger pull.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:09 PM #3
Leafy
Uses the man pedal

Leafy helped look for balloons
stock trigger frame is one of the best double fingers hinges ever. a new barrel of sub .683 bore size is the only thing you need to go and play.
Gear Bag Sale!

Feedback More Feedback
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:34 PM #4
TboneR

The Bolt is a twist lock so the only option I really have is a custom delrin, drill the back block for a pin, or buy a new back block/body kit. Has paint really gotten that small? I remember when the average was .689
Old 02-20-2010, 03:36 PM #5
Leafy
Uses the man pedal

a lot of paint rolls right out my .679 freak insert. Once I have 30 bucks in my pay pal I'm going to be buying one of the .675 brass freak inserts from that guy on MCB.
Gear Bag Sale!

Feedback More Feedback
Old 02-21-2010, 12:04 AM #6
camfcocker

would the superbolt bolt work for this? if so sanchez machine makes some nice delrin ones
camfcocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:09 PM #7
TboneR

The one by sanchez machine they had for a while only fit in ultralites. I've been trying to contact them for the last week, but no replies. If I decided to upgrade my pneumatics, should I go with Belsales or Palmer?
Old 02-21-2010, 03:11 PM #8
Leafy
Uses the man pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneR View Post
If I decided to upgrade my pneumatics, should I go with Belsales or Palmer?
belsales for the ram and 3 way. anyone with an adjustable lpr besides dye or psycho ballistics.
Gear Bag Sale!

Feedback More Feedback
Old 02-23-2010, 11:36 AM #9
p8ntballer9906

p8ntballer9906 plays in the PSP
p8ntballer9906 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneR View Post
The one by sanchez machine they had for a while only fit in ultralites. I've been trying to contact them for the last week, but no replies. If I decided to upgrade my pneumatics, should I go with Belsales or Palmer?
I have a palmer micro rock on my pnematic karni and love it! its very consistent! I have never used the belsales one however... my 3-way and ram are the belsales ones... as for a bolt I would just drill out the back blot but have someone who has a drill press do it or do it yourself if you have access to one and just get a shocktech supa-fly bolt or an orracle bolt for it with a pin that way you can use just about any bolt out there and also not have to pay for a customized one...

and if you need someone to time it send it my way!

PM me if you have any further questions!
p8ntballer9906 is offline   Reply With Quote