Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 PM #1
bmali98

Made my cocker more complicated

A couple years ago i wanted to change the look of my cocker a bit so i ran the hoses over top of my barrel. I kinda liked it and noticed no change in function so i left it.

The hoses wore out but today i found 20ft of hose for about $5 from a pneumatic supply store. Having nothing but time and alot of hose after work today i decided to run with the previous design a bit more and ended up with a pretty sweet looking setup. dont have pics yet but i will. All together ive probably got about 2ft of hose between the 3 hoses. All 3 hoses run over the barrel and wrap fluidly around the front end parts. Everything is tucked tight enough to still fit the front cover without pinching anything.

I am wondering why i have never seen any other pics with a similar hose set up. Has anyone ever done this before? I would think so but cant find any pics. Any ideas why not? I would think its a pretty cheap, harmless mod that looks different with no negative effects i have found and it costs all of about $5 to do. What do you guys think?
bmali98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2010, 06:29 PM #2
Darkapollo

PERSONALLY.. it looks like crap with hoses all over the barrel. That is why you dont see people doing that.. The shortest route to get the air from the 3way to the ram is the best.. 2'' or more of hose between barbs is hardly the most efficient way of doing it..

That and blue hose on a black and silver gun looks a little odd..
Just my .02..
Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 PM #3
Leafy
Uses the man pedal

Leafy helped look for balloons
well its interesting, and the reason I like cockers is the exposed hose, but. having a longer hose is detrimental to your cycling times, not a big deal on a mech though.
Gear Bag Sale!

Feedback More Feedback
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:09 PM #4
bmali98

Hasnt been an issue for me yet. As fast as i can go with it im never waiting for the ram to do its job. Rarely ever chop with the revy and when i do its my fault. So long as i touch the rear trigger stop i still know there is a ball breeched. My shroud might still fit buy its never on, thats kinda what i meant by complicated. Looks more Mechanical and menacing rather than an aluminum sculpture with a paint-in and a paint-out pipe.
bmali98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:11 AM #5
Fatguy66

the reason I dont do it, is because, if I do chop I dont want hoses in the way. pulling and cleaning the barrel on the feild is hard enough. air consumption is pointless today, with all day air fills. so if its a look u want I say go for it. and would like to see the new pics.
Fatguy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:09 PM #6
Memorylapse

I think it looks pretty cool, I want to see pics of how you took it further!
Memorylapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:12 PM #7
"T-MAC"
({})

"T-MAC" is playing at Living Legends III
"T-MAC" supports Bob Gurnsey
I think you guys are looking into this a little too much. Once the hoses fill with air the first time, its not gonna take any longer to cycle. Im sure 2 feet of hose would fill in like ~1 second anyway under the pressure. I think it looks cool. maybe red hose would look good too with the black
"T-MAC" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:27 PM #8
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by "T-MAC" View Post
I think you guys are looking into this a little too much. Once the hoses fill with air the first time, its not gonna take any longer to cycle. Im sure 2 feet of hose would fill in like ~1 second anyway under the pressure. I think it looks cool. maybe red hose would look good too with the black
when the 3-way switches, the air in the hose is vented to the atmosphere, otherwise the ram wouldn't really cycle. try plugging the exhaust ports on both QEVs on a gun that has them to see what i mean.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:40 PM #9
camfcocker

i had to run one over top of the barrel once just cuz i couldnt get the ram to sit stable and have the barb under the barrel, imo the reason why nobody does it cuz it looks stupid

sorry if i offended you but to each his own
camfcocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:47 PM #10
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cww516 View Post
when the 3-way switches, the air in the hose is vented to the atmosphere, otherwise the ram wouldn't really cycle. try plugging the exhaust ports on both QEVs on a gun that has them to see what i mean.
Actually, that might be a good thing to some extent, especially if you made the forward-stroke hose longer it could serve to add a tiny bit of mechanical dwell to the gun's cycle, holding the bolt open a little longer to help it feed.
Fast isn't always best with a cocker, especially for people who keep short-stroking, like me.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:58 PM #11
GothicVash

i agree with the people that say it looks bad i use the smallest amount of hose i can fit usually the only weird set up hose cocker i have is my race because the lpr barb on the noid is on the bottom. other then that their all preety standard
GothicVash is offline   Reply With Quote