Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2010, 03:44 PM #1
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
APPA Player ID Cards

There are some confusion from some of the new players in regards to registering for your player ID Card for the GPL/MAPL events.

PSP and CFOA ID Cards are not accepted. ID Cards are $40 in advance before deadline, $50 after the deadline and $50 at event.

For a detailed explanation of how to register and to purchase your GPL/MAPL Player ID Card can be found below. This information can also be found on the GPL website on the ID Cards link - you can click HERE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The First Step is to register for a Player ID Number from the APPA's Web Site.
a. If you played in a PSP event or any other event that has used the APPA system then you have already registered with the APPA and can skip to Number 5.
2. Click here for New Player Registration Form

3. Fill out the entire form so that your Player Profile can be tracked through the APPA's Paintball Player Tracking System.

4. You will receive an e-mail with your APPA Player ID#. Keep this number and your password because you will need this information EVERYTIME you register for an Event!

5. To purchase your player GPL/MAPL ID Card Click Here. Click the event date that you are participating in 1st so that your card can be there for you to pick up.

6. If you are not already logged in then do so by clicking "Get ID Card - Log In to Player Profile and log in."

7. Once you are logged in, you will see the purchase page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the paypal link.You do not need to have a PayPal account, you can use a credit card. Remember, Player ID Cards cannot be printed if you do not have an acceptable photo.

8. After you have completed the purchase, you will be able to pick up your ID at the event you have chosen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting with the 2010 season, players will be using the APPA program for player classification and team registration. The player ranking will abide by the APPA/PSP Ranking system.The following rankings are NOT allowed to participate in any of the GPL Divisions:
  • Pro Ranked Players
  • Semi Pro Players
  • Division 1 Players
357 Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2010, 05:32 PM #2
charmin
Austin PantheMan Setz #76

charmin plays in the PSP
charmin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
charmin plays in the APPA D2 division
If you all can't get the needed amount of D2/3 teams for prizes will you all combine the divisions? As of right now most of the teams (everyone other than Lift) does not have anyone ranked above D3 with most being ranked beginner anyway...
charmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 PM #3
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmin View Post
If you all can't get the needed amount of D2/3 teams for prizes will you all combine the divisions? As of right now most of the teams (everyone other than Lift) does not have anyone ranked above D3 with most being ranked beginner anyway...
No, there will be no combining of divisions. If we dont get enough D2/D3 teams, we wont run that division and the D2/D3 prizes will NOT be given to the D4/D5 teams if that division runs. Rankings are for a reason. We will not allow or move D3 teams to the D4 bracket UNLESS all the players are ranked D4 and they never played the D2/D3 division in GPL. It is still early to say what will happen, remember, last year GPL teams waited until the week of the event to sign up.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:58 AM #4
oofreestyle
CREW

oofreestyle is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
oofreestyle plays in the PSP
What is the deadline for the $40 ID?
oofreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM #5
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

The Wednesday before the event. So for the a card for the 1st event it will be April 21st.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:55 PM #6
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
now since you are using APPA, do you intend on transferring over the previous GPL events teams/players/rosters/etc over or basically startin fresh

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:39 AM #7
derderkidx9
underdogs

derderkidx9 plays in the PSP
derderkidx9 plays in the APPA D4 division
why would they? so pointless..
derderkidx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:21 PM #8
swedishfishh

how would it be pointless? not everyone used appa, i have a lot more events played in paintballid.com than i do on appa, and i was just asking if they intended on transferring over to show what experience that person has as to accurately ranking that person.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 03-23-2010, 01:23 PM #9
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

No, we are following the APPA ranking system.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:04 PM #10
derderkidx9
underdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfishh View Post
how would it be pointless? not everyone used appa, i have a lot more events played in paintballid.com than i do on appa, and i was just asking if they intended on transferring over to show what experience that person has as to accurately ranking that person.
were people accurately ranked when uspl used APPA? there were players in let's say d1 nppl that continued to play 7 man in uspl but since they never used the APPA system they had no rank. their previous events never transferred...
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM #11
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

We do not run a SP, Pro or D1 division as well as we never ran a D4 or D5 division. We only ran a D2/D3 division so there is not much reranking. There were some players that were D4 and they played in the D2/D3 division because that is all we offered.

We will be following the APPA ranking system this season with their new unified classification system.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:33 PM #12
swedishfishh

Quote:
Originally Posted by derderkidx9 View Post
were people accurately ranked when uspl used APPA? there were players in let's say d1 nppl that continued to play 7 man in uspl but since they never used the APPA system they had no rank. their previous events never transferred...
hey relax, gpl is not uspl, they may have looked at those incidents and took them into consideration and want to make sure things like that do not happen. which is why i was asking people in charge not you sir

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 AM #13
derderkidx9
underdogs

oh my fault, forgot the internet was serious business..
i was just voicing my opinion.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:30 AM #14
swedishfishh

Quote:
Originally Posted by derderkidx9 View Post
why would they? so pointless..
id consider that to be more towards negativity more than voicing an opinion. my question was pretty legit, and may be on the minds of others. the change over for gpl to appa is a big thing. history of players and their experience i think should be carried over but if they feel it shouldnt and isnt going to be than no problem. i just wanted a confirmation from the people in charge.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 03-25-2010, 11:57 AM #15
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Yes, we have looked at all the different options and how it affects. In the past we would follow the APPA Ranking system. We have weighed all the options and found this is the best way.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:56 PM #16
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

I have gotten a few emails and calls about this - no, we are not allowing D3 players in the D4/D5 bracket.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:41 PM #17
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

OK - so I know I have gotten a few private messages and calls about this and I want to make sure the record is clear.

We are not transferring the prior GPL rankings. The way the APPA system works, it wont allow players to be ranked higher than D3 unless they play PSP. They can not play the GPL and be ranked D2. So any player who played in the past, regardless if they took 1st place every GPL event last year, they can not be ranked higher than a D3. With that, we also did not offer a D4 or D5 division in the past so I can't rank some people here and not those people there. I would have to rerank everyone who played. It may affect true D4 or D5 players since they played the GPL D2/D3 division last year and affect their ranking in playing PSP or other APPA ranked events. If you look at the standings, some teams came to every event and because they came to every event, they placed higher in the overall standings. This would give them higher points in their rank. This would not nessecarily reflect their true player status but what they were given because they signed up for the only division we offered.

Hope everyone understands this and please feel free to call me or email me direcly if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Cyndi Poole
GPL Promoter

Last edited by 357 Productions : 03-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 AM #18
bigdaddy0812

bigdaddy0812 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigdaddy0812 plays in the APPA D4 division
bigdaddy0812 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bigdaddy0812 supports DLX Technology
id cards

The id cards are really 40 dollars? i thought they were alot cheaper than that? So they cant just be sent to us at home they cam only be sent to our first event? why is that?
bigdaddy0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:37 AM #19
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy0812 View Post
The id cards are really 40 dollars? i thought they were alot cheaper than that? So they cant just be sent to us at home they cam only be sent to our first event? why is that?
Yes they are $40. They were $35 last year, the price went up $5. No, we can not have them sent to your home for many reasons, one is there is no way we can confirm that you are getting the card. It is more efficient this way.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:47 PM #20
bigdaddy0812

bigdaddy0812 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigdaddy0812 plays in the APPA D4 division
bigdaddy0812 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bigdaddy0812 supports DLX Technology
thank you

ok thanks, i am new to getting one of these cards so i didnt know, thank you for quick response.just trying to make sure i get this all right to sign my team up for few events this year.
bigdaddy0812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 PM #21
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy0812 View Post
ok thanks, i am new to getting one of these cards so i didnt know, thank you for quick response.just trying to make sure i get this all right to sign my team up for few events this year.
Not a problem. I much rather answer a bunch of questions then have you guys not do it properly and then you get frustrated that it is not done right.....