Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 AM #1
Walkthetrigger
Becoming a gun whore =)

Walkthetrigger is playing at Living Legends III
Walkthetrigger is for the Gunfight
Walkthetrigger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Walkthetrigger has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2009 Impulse set up

I made this for anyone who got their impulse and it is not shooting right and want to know a good setting to just set it to and use it. Also be sure when adjusting the impulse you always do the hpr first to zero not the lpr. Set the hpr to what you want then screw in the lpr to set to your desired setting. These settings work great for me and I will most likely tune them more when I becomes warm out and I have more paint.
Let me know how this setting works for you if you decide to try it, and if you have any suggestions I am always open to try new settings and i will edit this post accordingly.

Chrono used was a yellow handheld RadarChron.
Okay after going through a case of 6 month old white box in the 27 degree weather i think i finally have a good setup for my Impulse.
(all with dwell at 8ms)
Started off on the chrono with LPR out 3 turns velocity out 6 turns. Marker was shooting 340fps and very inconsistent whch would explain why it had so much kick and was so loud. (I just purchased it off a person here on PBnation)

The manual said set the HPR to zero then to 6 turns out then set the lpr to zero and shoot over a chrono until you have a consistent string. Well i could not get under 290 fps that way all the way to 4 turns out and it was +- 35 over the chrono. So i reset the lrp to zero took the hpr to 5 turns out and started shooting finally at 1.5 turns out it was at a consistent 280 with +-6 spike which would be due to weather and using a .693 insert(the only bore the paint would fit consistently in).

I then tried taking the hpr down to 4 turns messing with lpr but then i could not get over 260 until the lpr was further then 4 turns out.

So until it warms up i think i have found a good setting with great accuracy consistency, and the very little kick smart parts advertised.

LPR-1.5 turns out
HPR-5 turns out
Dwell-8ms
chronoed 280 with a plus minus 6 in 27* with 6 month old whitebox
Kick-minimal
fired one hopper at the consistency above but then ran out of paint.
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2010, 03:30 PM #2
jk178206

jk178206 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
jk178206 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jk178206 supports Team VICIOUS
jk178206 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Not exactly sure how mine is tuned, I had Ryan Moorehead do it, both LPR and HPR look about flush. Shooting at 270 with +/- 3. Dwell of 8 ms, and I've got minimal kick as well. Out of the box I had zero kick, but of course I had to go messing with things. I don't think I've had to adjust my HPR once in the last 5 outings.
jk178206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:55 AM #3
sethicus41

sethicus41 is playing at Living Legends III
sethicus41 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sethicus41 supports Team VICIOUS
sethicus41 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkthetrigger View Post
I made this for anyone who got their impulse and it is not shooting right and want to know a good setting to just set it to and use it. Also be sure when adjusting the impulse you always do the hpr first to zero not the lpr. Set the hpr to what you want then screw in the lpr to set to your desired setting. These settings work great for me and I will most likely tune them more when I becomes warm out and I have more paint.
Let me know how this setting works for you if you decide to try it, and if you have any suggestions I am always open to try new settings and i will edit this post accordingly.

Chrono used was a yellow handheld RadarChron.
Okay after going through a case of 6 month old white box in the 27 degree weather i think i finally have a good setup for my Impulse.
(all with dwell at 8ms)
Started off on the chrono with LPR out 3 turns velocity out 6 turns. Marker was shooting 340fps and very inconsistent whch would explain why it had so much kick and was so loud. (I just purchased it off a person here on PBnation)

The manual said set the HPR to zero then to 6 turns out then set the lpr to zero and shoot over a chrono until you have a consistent string. Well i could not get under 290 fps that way all the way to 4 turns out and it was +- 35 over the chrono. So i reset the lrp to zero took the hpr to 5 turns out and started shooting finally at 1.5 turns out it was at a consistent 280 with +-6 spike which would be due to weather and using a .693 insert(the only bore the paint would fit consistently in).

I then tried taking the hpr down to 4 turns messing with lpr but then i could not get over 260 until the lpr was further then 4 turns out.

So until it warms up i think i have found a good setting with great accuracy consistency, and the very little kick smart parts advertised.

LPR-1.5 turns out
HPR-5 turns out
Dwell-8ms
chronoed 280 with a plus minus 6 in 27* with 6 month old whitebox
Kick-minimal
fired one hopper at the consistency above but then ran out of paint.

Thanks!! this was very helpful... real life experience vs textbook tech..!! Kudos!
sethicus41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:43 AM #4
Walkthetrigger
Becoming a gun whore =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethicus41 View Post
Thanks!! this was very helpful... real life experience vs textbook tech..!! Kudos!
Thanks
Old 02-19-2010, 07:27 AM #5
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
I will Edit the sticky later this evening.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:30 AM #6
Walkthetrigger
Becoming a gun whore =)

Awesome, thanks!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:13 PM #7
PBLULZ
www.Dmeyerspb.com

PBLULZ is playing at Living Legends III
PBLULZ plays in the APPA D5 division
wow this is really going to help my lpr and hp are crazy right now. stupid question but which way to turn it to 0 lol
Dmeyerspb.com #8
Planet Eclipse, All American Paintball Park , DXS, Fatboy pods
Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex Unsignedphotos.com
Guests bring food. Food attracts animals. This one time, a bear came. And then the bear had to be destroyed. Which means they shot it in the head with a rifle, and killed it, and it died.
PBLULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:44 PM #8
Walkthetrigger
Becoming a gun whore =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBLULZ View Post
wow this is really going to help my lpr and hp are crazy right now. stupid question but which way to turn it to 0 lol
you want to twist it in, so if thinking of it like a screw you want to tighten it, and remember righty tighty lefty loosee.. So you want to twist it clockwise till it is tight, that will be 0!
Old 02-20-2010, 11:24 AM #9
PBLULZ
www.Dmeyerspb.com

PBLULZ is playing at Living Legends III
PBLULZ plays in the APPA D5 division
thank you.
Dmeyerspb.com #8
Planet Eclipse, All American Paintball Park , DXS, Fatboy pods
Pittsburgh Paintball Sports Complex Unsignedphotos.com
Guests bring food. Food attracts animals. This one time, a bear came. And then the bear had to be destroyed. Which means they shot it in the head with a rifle, and killed it, and it died.
PBLULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:55 PM #10
Newfie_Baller
Richy J

Thanks for this, It can help a lot because i know i would like to fine tune my Impy, Anyone know if this gun will have to be adjusted differently if it goes a little cold? I live in Canada and was wondering because it isnt always exactly +10 here when we go to play. (Later part of season)
Newfie_Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:11 AM #11
Walkthetrigger
Becoming a gun whore =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie_Baller View Post
Thanks for this, It can help a lot because i know i would like to fine tune my Impy, Anyone know if this gun will have to be adjusted differently if it goes a little cold? I live in Canada and was wondering because it isnt always exactly +10 here when we go to play. (Later part of season)
Yeah most likely, mine as done in the 20's but you will probably have to open up the lpr a little more, but i am not exactly sure.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:59 PM #12
carolinaragetc

has been a member for 10 years
carolinaragetc plays in the PSP
carolinaragetc plays in the APPA D3 division
Just got mine yesterday!! Played with it today, and this is defineatly, by far, the best shooting gun I have ever owned/played with. The shot is soooo smooth, and love the way it feels.
I didnt mess with the LPR too much cause I arrived late to play, wanna say I had gotten it out to 3 turns but it was still +/- 10 with a good paint/bore match
carolinaragetc is offline   Reply With Quote