PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 03:40 PM #463
CgotNerve59
This Place Sucks

CgotNerve59 helped look for balloons
What are your opinions on the Springfield XDM. I think im gonna pick it up in 9mm.
MD BALLA
Trauma Fan #1350
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2010, 04:02 PM #464
j_lapan32
FOREVER YOUNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CgotNerve59 View Post
What are your opinions on the Springfield XDM. I think im gonna pick it up in 9mm.
I have always been a glock person but the XDM is a pretty sweet piece of plastic. I really like it with the OD Green Frame. But I don't care for 9mm. I would go with .40 or .45. The 9mm shells are cheaper but if your buying it to shoot all day long you mid as well get a .22. If your buying new you should be able to stay somewhere around $550-$600. Used is maybe $50-$100 less. I would just buy new.

Sell Me Your Tools and Ice Fishing Gear CLICK HERE
Old 12-05-2010, 04:53 PM #465
CgotNerve59
This Place Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_lapan32 View Post
I have always been a glock person but the XDM is a pretty sweet piece of plastic. I really like it with the OD Green Frame. But I don't care for 9mm. I would go with .40 or .45. The 9mm shells are cheaper but if your buying it to shoot all day long you mid as well get a .22. If your buying new you should be able to stay somewhere around $550-$600. Used is maybe $50-$100 less. I would just buy new.
I think 9mm is the best of both worlds. I love to shoot and a nice personal defense round will def knock someone down. In a combat situation, military, police and so forth, i would jump up to a .40 for sure. But if someone came in your house, a 9mm would take care of it.

And hell yeah on the Od Green grip. Wasn't even a debate. The local shop near me has them for 450 new. Good deal. But i can get one cheaper in VA.

Does anyone know if I (MD Resident) can buy a handgun in the state of VA and bring it back to my homestate?
MD BALLA
Trauma Fan #1350
Old 12-05-2010, 07:59 PM #466
j_lapan32
FOREVER YOUNG

Quote:
I think 9mm is the best of both worlds. I love to shoot and a nice personal defense round will def knock someone down. In a combat situation, military, police and so forth, i would jump up to a .40 for sure. But if someone came in your house, a 9mm would take care of it.

And hell yeah on the Od Green grip. Wasn't even a debate. The local shop near me has them for 450 new. Good deal. But i can get one cheaper in VA.

Does anyone know if I (MD Resident) can buy a handgun in the state of VA and bring it back to my homestate?
Usually the best way to handle out of state handgun purchases is to have pay for the gun over the phone and have it shipped to a FFL dealer near you. It will cost you about $30 but it will save a lot of time plus the trip.

About the 9mm debate, everyone has different opinions. I personally only shoot a couple of my guns on a regular basis. I only shoot my handguns once a year, in the spring just to make sure everything is in order then re-oil and put away for another year.

Even the $450 for a 9mm is a damn good deal. The .40 and .45 are selling for no less then $100 more on gunbroker.com. Either way that would make an excellent addition to any collection.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:04 PM #467
CgotNerve59
This Place Sucks

I'de love to buy online to find better deals, Do you know any legit sights, and how does a background check go online? First time handgun owner here.
MD BALLA
Trauma Fan #1350
Old 12-05-2010, 08:35 PM #468
j_lapan32
FOREVER YOUNG

Quote:
I'de love to buy online to find better deals, Do you know any legit sights, and how does a background check go online? First time handgun owner here.
I use Gunbroker.com but the guns tend to go a little high on there. When you buy online all you have to do is pay for the gun, then call a store around you that sells guns. They will have an FFL and will most likely do gun transfers. Just tell them you are purchasing a hand gun and need them to do the transfer. They will need the fax number of the person you bought the gun from. They will fax a copy of their FFL to the seller of the gun. The seller will ship the gun to the FFL dealer and they will call you in to come pick it up. Background checks will depend on state requirements. I have a CCW so I can just show that and they do not need to run a background on me.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:56 PM #469
j_lapan32
FOREVER YOUNG

Well as expected, Hoyt is coming out with 2 more bows with carbon fiber risers. The Carbon Matrix Plus and the Carbon element. Sadly no Carbon Burner though, I was looking forward to having a carbon bow shoot 345 ibo.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:04 PM #470
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Got three bucks, doe and yearling saturday between three people. I got a buck and a doe with my inferno, buddy #1 got a yearling with a bow and a buck with a 30-06, buddy #2 got a buck driving down the driveway. Buddy #2 was pissed all day because a week before that he missed a typical 8 point by overshooting, his sights were royally ****ed up. All he wanted was something to shoulder mount, he left, 6 min later drove back, slid this nice buck out of his bed, and stomped off, I said stop being pissy, now you have something to mount, he grabbed it and showed me its face.........it was smashed in, cut, bleeding. I laughed very hard.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM #471
alexpaintballer

alexpaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
alexpaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
lets see some pics.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:29 PM #472
CgotNerve59
This Place Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_lapan32 View Post
I use Gunbroker.com but the guns tend to go a little high on there. When you buy online all you have to do is pay for the gun, then call a store around you that sells guns. They will have an FFL and will most likely do gun transfers. Just tell them you are purchasing a hand gun and need them to do the transfer. They will need the fax number of the person you bought the gun from. They will fax a copy of their FFL to the seller of the gun. The seller will ship the gun to the FFL dealer and they will call you in to come pick it up. Background checks will depend on state requirements. I have a CCW so I can just show that and they do not need to run a background on me.
I have a 101st airborne. I hit mid 330s. With an 08. Hoyt ain't got **** on Bowtech.
MD BALLA
Trauma Fan #1350
Old 12-09-2010, 01:20 PM #473
j_lapan32
FOREVER YOUNG

Quote:
I have a 101st airborne. I hit mid 330s. With an 08. Hoyt ain't got **** on Bowtech.

Lets not start an opinion war. I agree bowtech is a very good bow for the money. But "in my opinion the hoyt is on a level above the rest." Your opinion is bowtech is the better of the two, if we start arguing about opinions it would go on forever.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:07 PM #474
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

And I say Hoyt is better than Bowtech, and Parker is better than both. Opinion. Its all personal preference, my girlfriend like bear over parker, her preference. And my brother down in florida likes older jennings and swears by them.

See the trend?

Will get pics of buck when i get him back, he is at buckshot taxi. right now.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:46 PM #475
j_lapan32
FOREVER YOUNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post
And I say Hoyt is better than Bowtech, and Parker is better than both. Opinion. Its all personal preference, my girlfriend like bear over parker, her preference. And my brother down in florida likes older jennings and swears by them.

See the trend?

Exactly. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Old 12-23-2010, 07:07 PM #476
CgotNerve59
This Place Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Mafia View Post

See the trend?

Bingo.

I like bowtech for the speed and the grip. Zero handshock. But it does have a harsh draw, some people don't like that. Matthews would be my number 2.

But i do know that i shoot alot. I have yet to see anything other than another bowtech hit speeds like mine.

On another note, my speed dropped 20 fps since switching to the newish Easton FMJs. But penetration is considerably better.
MD BALLA
Trauma Fan #1350
Old 12-23-2010, 07:15 PM #477
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Quote:
M&P is what you want. You don't need all the extra doo dads an XD has, also a higher bore axis with rust issues.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:30 PM #478
j_lapan32
FOREVER YOUNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
M&P is what you want. You don't need all the extra doo dads an XD has, also a higher bore axis with rust issues.
The CZ 75B has far better reviews then the M&P. But there is nothing wrong with the XD. It pulls up smooth and shoots great, its amazingly well balanced and never jams.

Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 PM #479
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

We're not talking about the CZ, I don't like CZ's, I'd much rather keep my SIG P226 than any CZ. Just my opinion though. XD's have a lot of extra junk you don't need is what I'm saying. Keep it simple. Point. Shoot. Repeat.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:31 PM #480
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

CZ makes very solid guns. I am not a fan of handguns but have shot many, including the 75B, and it seems like a great handgun all around.

CZ 550
Old 01-11-2011, 07:32 PM #481
Corrupt_Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
Corrupt_Paintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
First Goose:

Old 01-11-2011, 11:38 PM #482
j_lapan32
FOREVER YOUNG

Congrats... Now you have to try for some bands. Goose hunting is actually way more exciting than people think.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:16 AM #483
Pirate Mafia
Affiliated

Gander mountain just had a special on some nice blinds so I picked two up, we had some good amounts of migrating waterfowl. Me and two buddies came home with 38 birds, most go to our local butcher.
Closed Thread