PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-03-2010, 11:59 AM #1
Idaho Mike

North Idaho games?

I live near Sandpoint and need to make more PB contacts this year. I like to play at least once a week. It's weird how hard it is to locate a woodsball game up here. I usually hear about them after they've happened. Spring came early, and I'm good to go. Thanks.

Last edited by Idaho Mike : 03-03-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Idaho Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2010, 05:14 PM #2
Ryoman5

Ryoman5 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Ryoman5 supports Team VICIOUS
I'm just above you in Bonners Ferry and I'm going to NiteHawk Paintball for a woodsball game with my team on March 20th.

There's a thread for it in the Washington forum. It's just outside Reardon, WA. Which is just a bit outside of Spokane. Here's the Thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3294578

And their website: http://www.nitehawkpaintball.com/

Northern Fury Paintball should be opening up here soon, though I don't know if the Owner is going to open it. I'm calling him today so I'll find out.

Black '06 Etek Ego - Invert Halo Too

Last edited by Ryoman5 : 03-03-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Ryoman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:25 PM #3
PMRfrontman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoman5 View Post
I'm just above you in Bonners Ferry and I'm going to NiteHawk Paintball for a woodsball game with my team on March 20th.

There's a thread for it in the Washington forum. It's just outside Reardon, WA. Which is just a bit outside of Spokane. Here's the Thread: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3294578

And their website: http://www.nitehawkpaintball.com/

Northern Fury Paintball should be opening up here soon, though I don't know if the Owner is going to open it. I'm calling him today so I'll find out.
You should post up if Jeremy/Don ever get organized and get the field up.
PMRfrontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:19 PM #4
Ryoman5

You mean from when it went down last year? Like with the net being down? Yeah, I don't know if they're going to be up anytime soon because of that.

I don't know what to tell you, Idaho Mike. You might have to travel to Reardon to get a woodsball game in.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:20 AM #5
Idaho Mike

Thanks for the replies. I'm also making some calls today and will try to post any news by Friday.

Last edited by Idaho Mike : 03-04-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:50 PM #6
Idaho Mike

I tried to contact Stickman Jungle Ball near Athol where I've played a lot, but all the numbers I had for them are out of service. I called Bitteroot Cutlery in CDA about Stickman, and they told me Stickman's still in business and will open in a few weeks. It used to be $5 to play there. I will stop by at Stickman next Thursday in person and see what's up.

About a week ago, I talked to Jeremy at Viper/NF and he was unsure when he'd be hosting any woodsball games at the farm. He also said he and his NF partners were looking to lease an indoor venue in Sandpoint, like a warehouse.

Ryoman5 - can you activate your PM for this board so I can forward some info to you?

I probably will do the NighHawk game on the 20th, but that 200-mile round trip is a killer. I know lots of great spots on local local public lands for woodsball games, but, man, it's hard to get players to commit to come.

I'm playing tomorrow (March 7) with the Wooddogs in Sagle.

BTW: The Ponderay Wal-mart no longer carries paintballs, but the one in Post Falls does. Most of it is Brass Eagle junk, but the GameFace Impact brand is actually pretty decent and runs $37 a case. CYA
Old 03-06-2010, 01:59 PM #7
Ryoman5

I haven't figured out how to get PMs flowing on my account, I'll try something and edit this post.

Got it. Go ahead and send it.
I'm really interested to hear what Jeremy said.

EDIT: With the NiteHawk thing, it's well...WELL WORTH the drive over there.

Last edited by Ryoman5 : 03-06-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:20 PM #8
PMRfrontman

Any info you get from Jeremy you should post up here.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 AM #9
tshmoney

We have a pretty awesome field in post falls, its not woodsball, but its still a blast. We have all the equipment for filling tanks and everything. PM me and I'll get you some more details. Hope to hear from you.

I have tons for SUPER CHEAP! PM ME
tshmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:22 AM #10
Ryoman5

@ PMRfrontman: Yeah, Idaho Mike, don't worry about Pm'ing me, just post it up here when you're on.

@ PMRfrontman & Idaho Mike: I don't know if you two are going to NiteHawk, but since we seem to be so close together, why not meet up? Play a game?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:33 PM #11
Idaho Mike

I now have to work this Saturday, so I won't be doing the NiteHawk game. Supposed to rain anyway.

Because I have a booth at the Sandpoint Farmers Market, I can't do Saturday games at all beginning in May. Sundays are always good for me, as are most weekdays.

tshmoney - I will PM you today or tomorrow. I hadn't heard of your field. I dig woodsball, but speedball and urban stuff is great, too. I played all the time at Adventure City in Hayden before it went belly up.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:38 PM #12
tshmoney

Yea I did too, that was a fun place. We are going to be opening in a week or two. Let me know if you still want the info.

I have tons for SUPER CHEAP! PM ME
tshmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:01 PM #13
Ryoman5

@ PMRfrontman, you going to NiteHawk?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 PM #14
PMRfrontman

Ya I think so, haven't signed up yet though
Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 PM #15
Ryoman5

If you go, keep an eye out for the Growling Jackal's booth and stop by.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 PM #16
Idaho Mike

I finally talked to the (former) operator of Stickman Jungle Ball in Athol. He's not going to reopen the field this year, but said another guy may run it. I have the new operator's cell number and will call him this weekend.

I have no idea if the field will be run on a business-for-profit basis, or just as a spot to play.

From what I've seen so far, running a commercial PB field in North Idaho is a good way to go broke fast. For example:

Adventure City (Hayden)
Splat Mountain (Sandpoint)
Viper Paintball (Bonners Ferry)
Stickman Jungle Ball (Athol)
Opfor (Hayden)
Name(?) Spirit Lake

Last edited by Idaho Mike : 03-12-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:47 AM #17
Idaho Mike

Good news - I spoke with the guy who's taking over the Stickman field in Athol. He's reopening it soon, just waiting for more reliable, slightly warmer weather. Because most players in this area still use CO2, temps under 50 degrees are a concern. I shoot HPA, so I'm always good to go.

I will post info on his name, contact number and upcoming games as soon as he tells me the opening date.

On another note, I might be able to deliver 6-8 players besides myself to a woodsball game, but at point can't guarantee anything. How about you guys. How many players can the Growling Jackals bring? I know it depends on what day, weather, distance, what else is going on, etc.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:57 PM #18
Ryoman5

It would have to take some planning, though it won't take as long a trip as it would to NiteHawk.

Since there's only three Jackals thus far, a teammate in Spokane, my brother and I. I would have to say just two. Hopefully we can get a few more members in our local area to play/practice regularly.

We really need a Free Agents thread here in the Idaho Forum

Old 03-22-2010, 05:43 PM #19
Ryoman5

Hey Mike, any contact information for Stickman Jungle Ball, or even some info when it's going to open again?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:10 AM #20
Idaho Mike

Nope. I called the new operator, "Tim," twice last week Thursday and Friday, and left cell messages when he didn't pick up, but he hasn't responded - Which is too bad, because I wanted to play there last Sunday or this weekend. I will try again tonight.

I also offered to help him clean up the place and plan some new structures. Many fields have a "work day," where players spend a day helping out in exchange for some free play days.

What I know so far is the cost will be super-cheap - $5 to $7 for all day. They will fill CO2 tanks, but probably no longer sell paint, so it's a BYOP field. No HPA fills. They probably will use "military" rules, where elims are torso and head hits only. I like the "all hits count" rules at NiteHawk better.

There's a nice chrono station, and the restroom is deluxe. At the north end of the field is a structure with a two-story tower, "The Farmhouse." The west side has a sandbagged bunker and outlying defensive points called "Firebase Hanley."

The Stickman field is about one-third open woods and two-thirds really dense stuff - hence the name, "Stickman Jungle Ball." In fact, it's the most heavily wooded field I've ever played, and really puts a premium on both stealth and balls-out rushes. The brochure field map shows all the trails.

Like I've done for a lot of other commercial PB fields, I did the Stickman brochure and can send you an image of it. I'd need a PM'd e-mail address.

There's a map to Stickman, a listing of their amenities, field rules, etc. The entire reverse side is cool - It's a detailed map of the 20-acre field. The contact numbers on the 2009 Stickman brochure are no longer any good.

You guys had great weather for the Armed Forces game at NiteHawk. The next day sucked.

Last edited by Idaho Mike : 03-23-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:27 PM #21
Ryoman5

Thanks for the info, Mike. Sent you a PM.

Yeah, Armed Forces was fun, I reffed the final battle (Paint blender/waster) and it was epic. Around maybe 250-300 players played all day. The battles were amazing with clear skys. Wish you didn't miss it

ReplyRegional Ups