PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2010, 07:59 AM #1
Cromagnum Tankerman
Cromagnum Tank Commander

Where do all the NERFS go!

Do us tankers and anti-tankers ever wonder where our NERFS go after we shoot them. I have seen posts where numerous NERFS are shot and are never seen again. Usually our first response to this subject is other players pick them up and not return them, refs pick them up, and I am sure there are other reasons. But the bottom line in most cases they dont make it back to a field lost or found. It doesnt seem to matter even if they are marked by the owner in some manor. On rare occasions I have had other players return a rocket if they know who you are. Like many I use to get upset when rockets were not returned or found. I have found rockets with names on them and have returned to a field lost and found or another team if I know who they are. I will admit I have found unmarked ones and at times have kept them. I figured it was a gift back for losing mine. Now that I have played in a tank or others deem a fighting vehicle for a few years and many games. I have just come to the conclusion that what I shoot wont come back. If I can retrieve a few rockets back after a game thats fine. But to me losing NERFS has now become acceptable losses and I just dont worry about it anymore. Most games I shoot numerous cases of paint and I dont wont worry about that. To me its all part of a budget to play.

For you guys that are looking to buy NERFS. They can be hard to find especially this time of year. The stores I have found them at are Target, K-Mart, Walmart, Family Dollar, & Big Lots all for $3.00 each or less. You can find them on Ebay in lots of 5 for about $5 each plus shipping. The one store that seems to carry them through out the year is Family Dollar. There may be other places to buy them but where I live in WV these are the stores where I buy mine.

My first game of the season is coming up in less then 30 days and getting amped about playing. Just hoping all of this snow is mostly gone by then and the fields are not total mud holes.

Treaddz
Team CroMagnum
Cromagnum Tankerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2010, 08:58 AM #2
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

they go to the same place the pens and missing socks go lol. I think some get lost on the field while most are picked up and kept by other players.

I have to say EMR @the viper game in 08 had the best nerf system. the refs held on to them and actually dropped them off in the scenario command

I rarely get my nerfs back anywhere. so when refs hand me one i fire them back at their owners. Maybee if tankers get together at the end of games they can swap nerfs. that and encourage the fields to have a the refs collect/return them

1.SS Panzer Korps
BlackAngelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:41 AM #3
jvtech
HazMat from Black List

In most events the LAW shooters and players are not allow to pick them up. But what I tell players is pick them up and give them to a ref or throw them in a place where ref can see them. I make it a point to ask the ref if I can retrieve it and give it to them. In most cases they'll go and pick it up themself or allow me to do it. I estimate a 25-50% lost of nerfs if I'm lucky. Another thing I do now is keep old beatup ones for those shots that may never be found.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:34 PM #4
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

i usually ask my tank ref to pick them up for me. at least you get a few back this way

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 AM #5
IrishGunslinger
The Goose Cannon Operator

IrishGunslinger is playing at Living Legends III
IrishGunslinger owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have fired loads and loads or NERF rounds only to get about 25% of them back. Now when I am walking the field or happen to come across a nerf round that I recognize the name on it. Of Course I pick it up....say Im walking the field and see BlackList on the nerf round or Argent Force. Yes I do pick them up and take them to their rightful owners...I wish other people would do the same...now HazMat and I do keep an eye out for each others rounds partly because between the two of us we can nerf the other team to kingdom come. My point is there should be no reason all of these rounds to grow feet. Its down right disappointing.
Corporal Punishment is PROUD to be the PREMIER Home Team at Petty Paintball. www.pettypb.com CP is always actively recruiting the best paintballers we can find. If you would like more info visit our forum at www.corporalpunishment.darkbb.com
Proudly Sponsored by:
www.stingerpaintballdesigns.com www.ansgear.com www.wreckageclothing.com www.strokerindustries.com
www.dldovephotography.com
IrishGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:57 AM #6
Spartan31

Spartan31 donated to help Peyton Trent
Spartan31 is playing at Living Legends III
Spartan31 is playing at Living Legends VI
I don't use any anti tank stuff..im just a regular player, and yes i do pick them up and i'll either hand them to a ref or give them back to the one who shot it. everytime. I know it can be disappointing to lose your ammo, so i do what i can to get them back where they belong. Besides what am i going to do with them?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:58 AM #7
Mercenary42

I think I have found a song that explains the whole thing...

WHERE HAVE ALL THE NERF ROCKETS GONE
Original words and music by Pete Seeger
performed by Pete Seeger and Tao Rodriguez-Seeger

Where have all the Nerf rockets gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Refs have picked them every one
When will they ever learn?

Where have all the refs gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Taken out dead players every one

Where have all the dead players gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone to the dead box every one

Where have all the dead boxes gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Covered with Nerf Rockets every one
When will we ever learn?
When will we ever learn?

MVP Russian - Stalingrad Skirmish 2014
MVT ERSA - West Point Spring 2014
MVT Red Raiders - West Point Fall 2013
MVP Battle for Arrakis - EMR 2011
Red Raiders / ERSA
http://www.forum.ersapaintball.com
Mercenary42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:03 PM #8
deadmanUJ

I don't mind losing them it's when you find them ripped in half that bothers me the most.
deadmanUJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:41 PM #9
Lufen

It would be nice to know how to make your own nerfs. Making a mold of a nerf shouldn't be a problem, it's knowing exactly what to use to make the actual nerf. I've tried searching for info about them and found out the technical terms but no real way to mix/make them.
Lufen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:31 PM #10
thewinemisfit
Snappy Wieners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufen View Post
It would be nice to know how to make your own nerfs. Making a mold of a nerf shouldn't be a problem, it's knowing exactly what to use to make the actual nerf. I've tried searching for info about them and found out the technical terms but no real way to mix/make them.
That's like looknig for the recipie for Coke. Probably not going to find it.

I'm a LAW gunner and try to make mental notes where they bounce off to and usually find them after a couple of minutes.

General "Batle of Hoth" 2/20 VICTORY

http://www.youtube.com/user/thewinemisfit <-- Ruber Duckie TV!
thewinemisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM #11
jvtech
HazMat from Black List

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinemisfit View Post
That's like looknig for the recipie for Coke. Probably not going to find it.
He's right.... If it was easy you would have knockoff out there for nerf items.. There was a guy that try getting them made but it didn't work out. They were too light...
Old 02-23-2010, 03:31 PM #12
DasWolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvtech View Post
He's right.... If it was easy you would have knockoff out there for nerf items.. There was a guy that try getting them made but it didn't work out. They were too light...
Did he try putting in a small metal ball in the center of it? Like fill half the mold put the metal ball in there then fill the mold completely. That should fix the problem right?
DasWolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:56 PM #13
jvtech
HazMat from Black List

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasWolfenstein View Post
Did he try putting in a small metal ball in the center of it? Like fill half the mold put the metal ball in there then fill the mold completely. That should fix the problem right?
It would fix the weight issue except it would also not be allow at most field. A ball bearing is dangerious even surrounded by foam. A couple of hard impact will cause the ball bearing to tearup the foam.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM #14
DasWolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvtech View Post
It would fix the weight issue except it would also not be allow at most field. A ball bearing is dangerious even surrounded by foam. A couple of hard impact will cause the ball bearing to tearup the foam.
How about a more dense foam at the center?
DasWolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:32 PM #15
LordOderus

Something like expanding window foam or something of that nature in the center. That stuff is pretty dense. Still, all the work to make molds and mix foam would probably cost more than the $3 the rockets cost. Maybe if you use a LOT of rockets, which I imagine some of you hardcore tankers/anti-tankers might do.
LordOderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:07 PM #16
BlackAngelSS
The Black Korps

I expect to loose a dozen rockets a game. At $3 a shot we put alot of effort into aiming

1.SS Panzer Korps
Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 AM #17
Boom Master
Scenario Player

With my breech loader in my tank, I lost about 50%.

With my 1 RPS Autoloading cannon, about 75% lost because I'm not watching my misses and am engaging at farther distances where I miss more often.

RPG hunting tanks only 25%. Broke many shooting at close range at 230 fps so backed the RPG velocity to 190 fps and rarely break a Nerf.

Many fields should have a lost and found box just outside the paint, air, or office window and BRIEF players and refs to pick up any gear and especially Nerfs Rockets and return them there. Then anybody looking for Nerfs or lost gear know where to find them.

People to get several air refils a game so that makes it convenient.

Fields should NOT prohibit players or refs from picking up Nerfs and returning them to the shooter. I have no problem with refs handing me other peoples Nerfs to shoot OR having the RPG guys pick up mine and sending them back to me air mail express.

Then sort it all out at the end of the game at the lost and found box...

That requires you put your name or initials on the Nerfs of course.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote