Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2010, 09:40 PM #1
schenstealth
Tank On Shoulder!!!!!!!!!
 
schenstealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sumwere
Annual Supporting Member
schenstealth helped look for balloons
schenstealth is playing at Living Legends III
schenstealth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
schenstealth supports Team VICIOUS
schenstealth is for the Gunfight
schenstealth is reppin' sidebar 4 life
What do you believe? (non "official" religion)

I personally do not believe in a god, or multiple gods. But I do believe that since there are well over 500 dimensions that, somewhere, in one of these dimensions there may be a being or race that is not visible to our eyes that may have control over things in our dimension (like time, but something with a consience that can actively affect us).
schenstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 PM #2
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.
 
Fubarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Richmond, WI
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
This brings up an interesting thought. How much more powerful than us humans would a being have to be for it to be considered a god? Would having some amount of control of our universe while being immune to influence from our end be enough to be considered gods? Or would they just be dimensional beings?
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:15 PM #3
schenstealth
Tank On Shoulder!!!!!!!!!
 
schenstealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sumwere
Annual Supporting Member
schenstealth helped look for balloons
schenstealth is playing at Living Legends III
schenstealth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
schenstealth supports Team VICIOUS
schenstealth is for the Gunfight
schenstealth is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Id consider them gods.
imagine that a line that a human drew was able to think, wouldn't it consider humans god, and it would not be able to affect us in any way. so take it up a few notches = humans being created by something else.
I reccomend the movie flatland (its about geomorty, but its what spurred my ideas)
schenstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:26 PM #4
GFX260
Jesse Day
 
GFX260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cartersville, Ga
GFX260 supports Team VICIOUS
GFX260 is for the Gunfight
sorry, I decline the offer to join your cult
GFX260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:34 PM #5
schenstealth
Tank On Shoulder!!!!!!!!!
 
schenstealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sumwere
Annual Supporting Member
schenstealth helped look for balloons
schenstealth is playing at Living Legends III
schenstealth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
schenstealth supports Team VICIOUS
schenstealth is for the Gunfight
schenstealth is reppin' sidebar 4 life
k ill cancel the order for your glass of poisened wine, thanks for letting me know.
schenstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:04 AM #6
VanishPaintball
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
 has been a member for 10 years
VanishPaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
First, your premise is that there are "well over 500 dimensions," which is obviously speculative. That aside, if there are dimensions (or parallel universes, which I think is closer to what you are positing), but we have no means of observing those dimensions, the possibilities are literally infinite.

There is an invisible, formless, massless fairy which follows me around and controls my emotional responses to every event that I experience. Or is there? If you posit something that can not be perceived, then it's logically possible (because we can't logically dismiss it).
VanishPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:07 PM #7
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
fairy's are pretty, unless they are not, then they are flying dwarfs. but somie dwarfs are pretty too.

I am a man.

I happen to hold to a breathing multi-verse model. the interdimensional aspects are connections, but not directive, or causitive.
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:00 PM #8
UNK (Banned)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboPreacher View Post
fairy's are pretty, unless they are not, then they are flying dwarfs. but somie dwarfs are pretty too.

I am a man.

I happen to hold to a breathing multi-verse model. the interdimensional aspects are connections, but not directive, or causitive.
WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THE FLYING DWARFS??!?
UNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:57 PM #9
RamboPreacher
Player not a Pro.
 
RamboPreacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Central Iowa
RamboPreacher is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNK View Post
WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THE FLYING DWARFS??!?
The POTUS
__________________
Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling
Founder of the CPPA - Christian Paintball Players Association
Member of: Christ Krew #82

"I believe, in order to understand" or "I understand in order to believe": Augustine/Anselm (paraphrase)
"Science, and especially physics is not about 'truths' - It's about forming beliefs that are less false"; Dr. S. James Gates, Jr.
RamboPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:08 AM #10
Gold Leader (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Beneath The Waves
That our existence is a revolving door to BJ's during happy hour when appetizers are half off the stated menu price. Some of us have money, some of us are just flat broke hoping to steal some mozzarella sticks from a friend they came with.
Gold Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:00 PM #11
Zoin
 
 
Zoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I believe in God and creation. For me it's logical to think that someone created all this things than it came out from no where. Like a house, someone built it and it's not logical to say that it just pop out.
__________________
Alibris coupon code
Zoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 PM #12
AKAviking14
Square One Soldiers
 
AKAviking14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: [714] SoCal
AKAviking14 plays in the USPL
AKAviking14 plays in the PSP
AKAviking14 is an NCPA player
AKAviking14 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AKAviking14 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoin View Post
I believe in God and creation. For me it's logical to think that someone created all this things than it came out from no where. Like a house, someone built it and it's not logical to say that it just pop out.
I totally agree with you. I mean look around you. God reveals Himself through many things. Take nature for example. Everything is so beautifully made and complex, that it would have to be created by some supernatural being, which is God. I find it very hard to believe that there is no God. For me, there is too much evidence that there is a God. I don't need to see Him to believe Him. That is just a lie that the devil tells us as humans to make us drift away from Truth, which is God.

For those who do not believe in God, then that most likely means that you do not believe in after-life. I am troubled by this statement because does that mean that this is all there is? What would the be the point of life then? I believe that there is a Heaven and a Hell. Those who allow Jesus to come into their hearts and remain in Him will receive Eternal Life with Him in Heaven. Those who reject Him or do not care about Him will unfortunately go to Hell for eternity. This does not mean that everyone needs to be perfect in order to go to Heaven for eternity. We as humans are saved from the bondage of Sin because Christ died for everyone and rose again. Those who do not believe that Jesus died and rose again will probably ignore or reject this concept. But the point is, Jesus forgives and forgets the sins that we commit on a daily basis. He knows that we cannot be perfect. This is why it is very important for those who do believe to pray and repent to Him. It is as if you have a new slate after passing your sins onto Him.

The point is, Jesus loves everybody. No ifs ands or buts. That is your choice to believe it or not. But just think, if you don't, what if you are wrong..
__________________

Last edited by AKAviking14 : 03-18-2010 at 08:45 PM.
AKAviking14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 PM #13
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAviking14 View Post
I totally agree with you. I mean look around you. God reveals Himself through many things. Take nature for example. Everything is so beautifully made and complex, that it would have to be created by some supernatural being, which is God. I find it very hard to believe that there is no God. For me, there is too much evidence that there is a God. I don't need to see Him to believe Him. That is just a lie that the devil tells us as humans to make us drift away from Truth, which is God.

For those who do not believe in God, then that most likely means that you do not believe in after-life. I am troubled by this statement because does that mean that this is all there is? What would the be the point of life then? I believe that there is a Heaven and a Hell. Those who allow Jesus to come into their hearts and remain in Him will receive Eternal Life with Him in Heaven. Those who reject Him or do not care about Him will unfortunately go to Hell for eternity. This does not mean that everyone needs to be perfect in order to go to Heaven for eternity. We as humans are saved from the bondage of Sin because Christ died for everyone and rose again. Those who do not believe that Jesus died and rose again will probably ignore or reject this concept. But the point is, Jesus forgives and forgets the sins that we commit on a daily basis. He knows that we cannot be perfect. This is why it is very important for those who do believe to pray and repent to Him. It is as if you have a new slate after passing your sins onto Him.

The point is, Jesus loves everybody. No ifs ands or buts. That is your choice to believe it or not. But just think, if you don't, what if you are wrong..
evidence for "A" God, perhaps. But creation itself certainly isn't evidence for the Christian God.

also, since other religions say if you don't believe in them you're damned, just think, if you don't, what if you are wrong?
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life

Last edited by hsilman : 03-18-2010 at 09:38 PM.
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:40 PM #14
AKAviking14
Square One Soldiers
 
AKAviking14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: [714] SoCal
AKAviking14 plays in the USPL
AKAviking14 plays in the PSP
AKAviking14 is an NCPA player
AKAviking14 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AKAviking14 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
evidence for "A" God, perhaps. But creation itself certainly isn't evidence for the Christian God.

also, since other religions say if you don't believe in them you're damned, just think, if you don't, what if you are wrong?
Yeah, I am taking an Apologetics class right now. We are learning about how to defend our faith. I don't have anything more to say to you right now unfortunately. Other religions do say that, I am sure. Once again, I don't have much to say right now, but may have some soon.

But I do believe that the idea that people can understand everything about God is false. God is way too complex for even the smartest person to understand. I guess this is why faith comes in. I believe in a God that I cannot see. I have been raised as a Christian and have researched some religions and Christianity is the only religion that makes somewhat sense to me. I know there is Biblical evidence about the existence of Christ, but if you do not view the Bible in that way, then there is no use for me to even start really because everything will be passive to you.

It is also the only religion or relationship that does require action in order to receive the treasure of Eternity with Him. I mean of course there is commandments that the Lord has set for us to follow, but when we don't, we don't start back at the bottom of the ladder to achieve Truth. Every other religion requires you to work your way up in order to get the treasure or "eternal life" that they promise. I just do not understand why anyone would not want to at least look into or try Christianity. Christianity says that Christ died for all and rose again. He suffered because He loves us and did not want us to suffer to achieve Eternity in Heaven. All you have to do is accept Him into your heart and remain in Him, which in theory, will reflect a good life. Doesn't that sound like a pretty good deal? I know it does to me.
__________________

Last edited by AKAviking14 : 03-18-2010 at 09:48 PM.
AKAviking14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:22 PM #15
hsilman
Disgustipated
 
hsilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Big Apple
I think you meant "doesn't" but that's a pretty nuanced thing to get into.

by the way, I'll help you out with your finals ahead of time and tell you you can't defend your faith through statements like the one we are discussing. The plain fact is that it's a poor defense.

Also, I hope you will one day discuss the nuances of the greek term translated as "believe" in John 3:16, for example. It's nuanced because action isn't required if impossible, but it certainly is expected. See for reference 1Cor 3.

What would you say to me if I was a 20 years old, physically healthy man if I told you every day that I am a runner, and I believe running is important, but I've never ran?

btw that question is rhetorical. this isn't the place to discuss questions and topics like this, there is a CK thread for it. sorry to pull this off topic.
__________________
This is necessary. Life feeds on life
feeds on life
feeds on life
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 AM #16
Fastlearner
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: St. Louis
 has been a member for 10 years
I believe that any definition of a true GOD has to have the attribute of "an uncaused cause". That is to say that GOD has to exist without ever being created. If a "god" has a beginng then something has to have caused "god" to come into being. A cause rendered an effect. In this case the effect was "god", but what caused the effect? That is where I start with "GOD". In Judeo-Christian writings (Bible) refers to GOD as the "I AM". I believe this to be a statement of GOD's self exsistence. Nothing created him. This means that time and space are irrelavent to GOD because he created "time" and "space". He created mathmatics, physics, logic, and all other elements of the natural world as well as any laws or science related to the "supra"-natural or as most say the supernatural.
__________________
Play Safe, Play Fair, Play Hard

If Jesus is nothing more than a good teacher, I've put up with alot for nothing.....I Corinthians 15:19, "If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men..."

"Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.." unknown
Fastlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 AM #17
Crede777
Resident Agnostic
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Crede777 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I don't think we will realistically be able to know if the entity which we are seeing is actually God because my definition of God is essentially "that which nothing greater can be thought (of)." How are we to know that we've seen an entity which is limitless in its greatness and power? It may appear to be so, but I don't think such a thing can be demonstrated to mortals.
__________________
"We Fight! "We March!"
ST: P Conspiracy - It's what's for dinner
ST:R/P I ain't come from no fish!
Derr: Whether or not you believe the universe is here for a reason is patently irrelevant to whether or not the universe cares.
XBL = On3ManRi0t

Breakout Photos
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:32 AM #18
markcheb
surrender...don't move
 
markcheb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: across the Jordan river
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I don't think we will realistically be able to know if the entity which we are seeing is actually God because my definition of God is essentially "that which nothing greater can be thought (of)."
I agree with the definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
How are we to know that we've seen an entity which is limitless in its greatness and power? It may appear to be so, but I don't think such a thing can be demonstrated to mortals.
With the above definition, it has to transcend "unknowable" (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is essentially what you're saying) to knowable.

Which Is what I believe God is, both unknowable and knowable.
__________________
Which thief ~~ are you?
ChristKrew #185
Anointing foreheads with the paintball for a while now.
Where's God? - Read Luke 15:11-32
markcheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:09 AM #19
Fastlearner
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: St. Louis
 has been a member for 10 years
Therein lies faith. Mark 10:15 tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." The beginnings of faith are like those held by children when a loving father holds out his arms and says; "Jump I'll catch you". In faith the Child leaps with a squeal of glee into his father's arms.

Are you willing to even try to open a flawed and limited mind to such things? I am not talking the kind of "Open Mind" that is so easily pandered in our culture today.

Acts 17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Also anything that asks us to follow or worship as GOD that does not meet the criteria for GOD is asking for something it does not deserve. This is a litmus test of evil....

Isaiah Chapter 14 Is interesting to read but here is the core..

12How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! 13You said in your heart, “I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;I will make myself like the Most High.”
__________________
Play Safe, Play Fair, Play Hard

If Jesus is nothing more than a good teacher, I've put up with alot for nothing.....I Corinthians 15:19, "If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men..."

"Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.." unknown
Fastlearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:52 PM #20
Hosana!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Mankind will one day make itself like the most high. Then it will surpass that. The betterment of oneself is the most powerful trait we were endowed with. He tried to instill his pathetic moral code on a universe incompatible with such a thing and failed utterly.
Hosana! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:00 AM #21
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I believe in keeping everyone's beliefs separate.
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump