Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 AM #1
super_stanchy
the man with no plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oregon City, Or
Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
Stingray... shootin 140-210fps

k

i have a stingray, pulled it out the other night to use it at the field, it was shootin 140

the next week at work, i put the barrel in the lathe, and put cocker threads in it.
with the ccm barrel i got it up to 210

but how can i get it up another 50-70fps?
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2010, 03:24 PM #2
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.
 
Fubarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Richmond, WI
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
You probably have a worn main spring. Cheapest fix in the world, costs all of 2 cents.

Put 2 pennies behind the spring guide, it will stiffen up the main spring and give a velocity boost.

Also make sure you're adjusting the velocity correctly. Unscrew the adjuster for more velocity, screw in for less (you probably already know this, but I have to ask just in case).
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:24 AM #3
grendal50
 
 
grendal50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
transmission fluid for lube...... after a good cleaning
__________________
"Some people say that I must be a terrible person, but itís not true. I have the heart of a young boy in a jar on my desk." -Stephen King
grendal50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:42 PM #4
super_stanchy
the man with no plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oregon City, Or
Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendal50 View Post
transmission fluid for lube...... after a good cleaning
transmission fluid??!?!?! what?!?!
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:01 PM #5
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.
 
Fubarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Richmond, WI
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_stanchy View Post
transmission fluid??!?!?! what?!?!
Yep. The old instruction manual for the Stingray (and other BE blowbacks) listed good old Automatic Transmission Fluid as an approved lube. Works too. A bit thin, and the stuff stains, but won't harm any of the seals. Heck, compared to a car's transmission the stingray has hardly any seals at all.

Hoppes No. 9 gun oil is another non-standard lube that works great (remember use just the oil, NOT the solvent).

The more standard paintball gun oils are best though. Or air tool oil. NO WD-40! (sorry, been teching guns too long, bit of a nervous tick)

Don't use grease, like Dow33, at least on the moving parts (the non-moving seals would be ok). It's too thick and will slow down the cycle speed.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 PM #6
super_stanchy
the man with no plan
 
super_stanchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oregon City, Or
Annual Supporting Member
super_stanchy works for a Paintball manufacturer
super_stanchy plays in the PSP
super_stanchy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Yep. The old instruction manual for the Stingray (and other BE blowbacks) listed good old Automatic Transmission Fluid as an approved lube. Works too. A bit thin, and the stuff stains, but won't harm any of the seals. Heck, compared to a car's transmission the stingray has hardly any seals at all.

Hoppes No. 9 gun oil is another non-standard lube that works great (remember use just the oil, NOT the solvent).

The more standard paintball gun oils are best though. Or air tool oil. NO WD-40! (sorry, been teching guns too long, bit of a nervous tick)

Don't use grease, like Dow33, at least on the moving parts (the non-moving seals would be ok). It's too thick and will slow down the cycle speed.
i use the PMI gun oil on everyyyy thing
super_stanchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 PM #7
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
ut 2 pennies behind the spring guide, it will stiffen up the main spring and give a velocity boost.
I actually prefer to use dimes. They don't get stuck as easily, and they increase the gun's resale value.

If that doesn't work you could try polishing/porting the valestem.
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech....faq.shtml#3.1

There's a lot of other awesome info in that document, btw. Sid's FAQ is like the Torah for Stingray users.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:48 PM #8
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.
 
Fubarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: New Richmond, WI
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
I actually prefer to use dimes. They don't get stuck as easily, and they increase the gun's resale value.

If that doesn't work you could try polishing/porting the valestem.
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tech....faq.shtml#3.1

There's a lot of other awesome info in that document, btw. Sid's FAQ is like the Torah for Stingray users.
I seem to remember referring to Sid as Saint Sid a few times over the years.
__________________
David Johnson, AKA Fubarius.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:35 PM #9
cory101
 
 
cory101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: warrenville 60555
i think you can use the main spring out of a 98custom
__________________
I made the mupet mowing rape stick
cory101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 PM #10
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT
 
The Inflicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory101 View Post
i think you can use the main spring out of a 98custom
Too long and too thin; it would never fit around the spring guide in the rear.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump