Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2010, 08:48 AM #1
pts_coordinator
 
 
pts_coordinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Offical PTS Information

PTS Series

Location
Pevs Paintball Park
http://www.pevspaintball.com
39835 New Road Aldie, VA 20105 (703) 327-7640
Games will be played on turf and grass as needed.
Capt meeting at 9:00am and games start at 10:00am.

Divisions
Beginner – For those that just want tournament experience.
Open – For all levels (you may have one pro on the roster that has not played Pro in over 3 years). Checks will be made and the team that breaks this rule will losethat events series points and be disqualified from the event with no refunds.
1 on 1 – For those that want those bragging rights.

Entry Fees
3 Man
Beginner $150 (no minimum)
Open $300 (7 team minimum 30 team Max)
1 on 1 $40 (5 player minimum 16 player max will increase as requested)
5 Man
Beginner $250 (no minimum)
Open $500 (10 team minimum 30 team max)


Dates
March 7th (3 Man)
April 17th and 18th (3 and 5 Man)
May 16th (3 Man)
June 13th (3 Man)
July 10th and 11th (3 and 5 Man)
August 22nd (3 Man)
September 12th (3 Man)
October 9th and 10th (3 and 5 Man)
November 14th (3 Man)
December 5th (3 Man)

Prizes
3 Man
Beginner – Trophies 1st thru 4th
Open $1500 cash first place winner take all.
5 Man
Beginner – Trophies 1st thru 4th
Open $3000 cash first place winner take all.
1 on 1 $200 cash first place winner take all.

Series Prizes
Series points will awarded as such for 3 and 5 man (1st 100, 2nd 95, 3rd 90…).
3 Man
Beginner - trophies
Open - $3000 cash winner take all based on 7 teams minimum the entire series.
5 Man
Beginner – trophies
Open $5000 cash winner take all based on 7 teams minimum the entire series.

Rules
Modified PSP and USPL Rules
Semi only
Capture the flag

Other important information
The tournament fields will be up the Sunday before for the event for teams to play on.
Field Paint Only. Please pick paint up at the stores, it is cheaper then purchasing at the day of the event.
Teams must be registered the Thursday before the event.

Last edited by pts_coordinator : 02-17-2010 at 10:21 AM.
pts_coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 AM #2
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball
 
DelawarePBguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Castle, De
DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
How much is Paint at the event?
__________________
DEVTION PAINTBALL
DelawarePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 AM #3
GreekGod
Hi I'm Pe†ey
 
GreekGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ODU
GreekGod plays in the PSP
GreekGod supports Pev's Paintball
GreekGod plays in the APPA D5 division
Sounds incredible

I CANNOT wait for a 1on1 turny!
GreekGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:52 AM #4
pts_coordinator
 
 
pts_coordinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Paint the day of the event is around $60 a case and up. I recommend you buy paint at one of teh PEVS stores before the event. Prices at the store range from $40 on up.
pts_coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:06 PM #5
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawarePBguy View Post
How much is Paint at the event?
You're better off stopping by a Pevs store during the week and picking it up. You'll have more of a selection too. Basically FPO paint at Pevs means most DXS paint they carry that has Pevs written on the shells.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 AM #6
teamdare
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
teamdare is playing at Living Legends III
teamdare owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
teamdare is for the Gunfight
why only semi?
teamdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 AM #7
charmin
Austin PantheMan Setz #76
 
charmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
charmin plays in the PSP
charmin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
charmin plays in the APPA D1 division
will you all be using APPA?
charmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 PM #8
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
No APPA. The only rule is no pros or pro experience in the last however many years. We all know who the pros are. Not to mention the difference in skill is obvious and would stand out.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM #9
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball
 
DelawarePBguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Castle, De
DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
No APPA. The only rule is no pros or pro experience in the last however many years. We all know who the pros are. Not to mention the difference in skill is obvious and would stand out.
i would re-word that because there are some VERY talented non-pro players that just haven't had the opportunity to get noticed by pro teams..
__________________
DEVTION PAINTBALL
DelawarePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:32 PM #10
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawarePBguy View Post
i would re-word that because there are some VERY talented non-pro players that just haven't had the opportunity to get noticed by pro teams..
Yes there are. I wasn't saying it as an insult to anyone, just saying that people whose skill is that good will stand out. Pros will def be in that category, but certainly there could be some non-pros who stand out as well.

For all of the out of state teams who have a hard time making it to a Pevs pro shop, you can call ahead and have them reserve your paint at the regular shop prices. Not sure if you have to pay at that time or can pay on tourney day, but I do know that you can get the paint at the cheaper price as long as you call ahead of time.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:55 PM #11
DelawarePBguy
Right Coast Paintball
 
DelawarePBguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Castle, De
DelawarePBguy plays in the USPL
DelawarePBguy plays in the PSP
DelawarePBguy donated to help Peyton Trent
DelawarePBguy plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
Yes there are. I wasn't saying it as an insult to anyone, just saying that people whose skill is that good will stand out. Pros will def be in that category, but certainly there could be some non-pros who stand out as well.

For all of the out of state teams who have a hard time making it to a Pevs pro shop, you can call ahead and have them reserve your paint at the regular shop prices. Not sure if you have to pay at that time or can pay on tourney day, but I do know that you can get the paint at the cheaper price as long as you call ahead of time.
I wasnt saying you were insulting people.. i was just saying you make it seem like if someone stands out because of his skill then he must be a pro and can't play in the series... that type of thing
__________________
DEVTION PAINTBALL
DelawarePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:31 PM #12
Bush4829
East Coast Mafia D3
 
Bush4829's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Carolina
 has been a member for 10 years
Bush4829 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bush4829 supports Pev's Paintball
Bush4829 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pts_coordinator View Post
PTS Series

Location
Pevs Paintball Park
http://www.pevspaintball.com
39835 New Road Aldie, VA 20105 (703) 327-7640
Games will be played on turf and grass as needed.
Capt meeting at 9:00am and games start at 10:00am.

Divisions
Beginner – For those that just want tournament experience.
Open – For all levels (you may have one pro on the roster that has not played Pro in over 3 years). Checks will be made and the team that breaks this rule will losethat events series points and be disqualified from the event with no refunds.
1 on 1 – For those that want those bragging rights.

Entry Fees
3 Man
Beginner $150 (no minimum)
Open $300 (7 team minimum 30 team Max)
1 on 1 $40 (5 player minimum 16 player max will increase as requested)
5 Man
Beginner $250 (no minimum)
Open $500 (10 team minimum 30 team max)


Dates
March 7th (3 Man)
April 17th and 18th (3 and 5 Man)
May 16th (3 Man)
June 13th (3 Man)
July 10th and 11th (3 and 5 Man)
August 22nd (3 Man)
September 12th (3 Man)
October 9th and 10th (3 and 5 Man)
November 14th (3 Man)
December 5th (3 Man)

Prizes
3 Man
Beginner – Trophies 1st thru 4th
Open $1500 cash first place winner take all.
5 Man
Beginner – Trophies 1st thru 4th
Open $3000 cash first place winner take all.
1 on 1 $200 cash first place winner take all.

Series Prizes
Series points will awarded as such for 3 and 5 man (1st 100, 2nd 95, 3rd 90…).
3 Man
Beginner - trophies
Open - $3000 cash winner take all based on 7 teams minimum the entire series.
5 Man
Beginner – trophies
Open $5000 cash winner take all based on 7 teams minimum the entire series.

Rules
Modified PSP and USPL Rules
Semi only
Capture the flag

Other important information
The tournament fields will be up the Sunday before for the event for teams to play on.
Field Paint Only. Please pick paint up at the stores, it is cheaper then purchasing at the day of the event.
Teams must be registered the Thursday before the event.
Question..Since Open gets cash for just 1st place any trophies involved in other placing like 2nd-3 or 4th? just wondering
__________________
JDizzle
East Coast Mafia D3X
TBD Fan #222
CGD Paintball
Bush4829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:34 PM #13
Pev
 
 
Pev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington DC
Pev is a Supporting Member
Pev works for a Paintball manufacturer
Pev plays in the USPL
Pev is playing at Living Legends III
Pev supports Pev's Paintball
Here are a few quotes from Pro Players and Pro Teams about the Tournament Fields at Pev's.

“Pev’s was one of the best events that I have ever been to. The field was as good as it gets.”
-Rich Telford, Sacramento XSV

“The D.C Open presented by the NPPL and Pev's Paintball was by far the best run paintball tournament I have ever attended in my 15 years of play Professional Paintball. The venue was superb and the playing turf was pristine”.
-Frank Connell,St. Louis Avalanche

“To sum up my time spent at the DC challenge at Pev’s, I have only one thing to say: First-class paintball experience. With one the most well maintained and manicured paintball fields I have ever seen.”
-Bart Yachimec, Edmonton Impact

“I must say that the venue Pev’s put on for DC Challenge was one of the best I have been to. It was an honor for my team to play at Pev’s field. The venue was very well run and a class act. Other fields across the country should take the Steps that you took to make Pevs what it is. Paintball would do so much better if they had fields like Pevs.”
-Rob Montiero, San Francisco Explicit

“The fields at Pev’s were pristine. Indianapolis Mutiny and myself are looking forward to many more practices and 7 man NPPL tournaments at Pev's Paintball in 2010."
-Tommy O'Donnell, Indianapolis Mutiny
__________________
Mike "Pev" Peverill
Pev's Paintball
www.pevs.com
Pev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:13 PM #14
Vicious49
Excelsior!
 
Vicious49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Northern VA
Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelawarePBguy View Post
I wasnt saying you were insulting people.. i was just saying you make it seem like if someone stands out because of his skill then he must be a pro and can't play in the series... that type of thing
I gotcha. If someone stands out like that though, I'm sure they'll start checking APPA to make sure the person hasn't played pro. As long as they haven't, they're fine and have nothing to worry about. Remember - it's not that you have to be ranked pro, but if you've even played even 1 event at the pro level in the last 3 years you are not eligible to participate in PTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush4829 View Post
Question..Since Open gets cash for just 1st place any trophies involved in other placing like 2nd-3 or 4th? just wondering
I would have to confirm but I believe they will get trophies.
__________________


The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:40 PM #15
charmin
Austin PantheMan Setz #76
 
charmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
charmin plays in the PSP
charmin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
charmin plays in the APPA D1 division
How many teams are registered for the march 7th event?
charmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:25 AM #16
1max2nv
 
 
1max2nv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Herndon, VA
1max2nv plays in the APPA D5 division
Semi is easier to enforce. Playing 3 man in ramping is no fun anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdare View Post
why only semi?
__________________
PRO Jerseys for sale
1max2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 AM #17
GreekGod
Hi I'm Pe†ey
 
GreekGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ODU
GreekGod plays in the PSP
GreekGod supports Pev's Paintball
GreekGod plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1max2nv View Post
Semi is easier to enforce. Playing 3 man in ramping is no fun anyways.
GreekGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:43 PM #18
MaIrons
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1max2nv View Post
Semi is easier to enforce. Playing 3 man in ramping is no fun anyways.
ramp ftw ...
__________________
VA Tech Class A Xball

The Lifestyle Army -- USPL/d2

<3'n pev's
MaIrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:45 PM #19
mcgyver
Common Sense Is Tingling
 
mcgyver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Reston, Virginia
mcgyver is a Supporting Member
mcgyver is playing at Living Legends VII
mcgyver supports Pev's Paintball
mcgyver is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
mcgyver is Legendary
You are just mad lazy bro
__________________
Feedback 51 Positive-Old


GO BEARS/CUBS/HAWKS
mcgyver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:50 PM #20
MaIrons
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyver View Post
You are just mad lazy bro
nah my fingers are mad slow ... like maaaaaad slow
__________________
VA Tech Class A Xball

The Lifestyle Army -- USPL/d2

<3'n pev's
MaIrons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 PM #21
Vicious4949
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Vicious4949 donated to help Peyton Trent
Vicious4949 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmin View Post
How many teams are registered for the march 7th event?
Don't know and I don't think they'd release that info anyways. That's how you get a bunch of teams waiting until the last minute to see who else is registered. Also, registration ends earlier in the week now in case you guys haven't noticed that at the bottom of the initial post. Registration ends on Thursday.
Vicious4949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump