Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-09-2010, 11:40 AM #1
indy007
ND Toy Company

ND Command View (webcam stream conslidation)

Added a new module to the force tracker. You can stream webcams, as many as you want, and up to 6 can be viewed by your general or squad leaders at once. I personally recommend the RAP4 head camcorder, since it's the only one out there for paintball and doubles as a USB webcam. More announcements coming soon. Also have an open-source Land Warrior prototype coming very soon.

Advertisement
Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 AM #2
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy007 View Post
Added a new module to the force tracker. You can stream webcams, as many as you want, and up to 6 can be viewed by your general or squad leaders at once. I personally recommend the RAP4 head camcorder, since it's the only one out there for paintball and doubles as a USB webcam. More announcements coming soon. Also have an open-source Land Warrior prototype coming very soon.

when I get my mobile CP together, you sir are the man I'm gonna be talking to for all the cool command toys
Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 AM #3
indy007
ND Toy Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebski View Post
when I get my mobile CP together, you sir are the man I'm gonna be talking to for all the cool command toys
Mobile CP? While I've dreamed of that, it's not necessary.

There's 2 main hardware options. First is a smart phone. It's perfect for grunts in the field. Pull up the website, login, click start transmitting. That's it for software. Just flip it into an eyeglass case or something protected, put it in a pouch, and go. Pretty much everybody has a cell phone, and soon they will all be "smart" phones. Doesn't even use your minutes, just the data plan.... and you'd have to be seriously special to manage to lose a tracking device lol.

Second option is really 2 options. First is a laptop with either a cell modem or tethered cell phone. It's a really good overall solution. It's my preference since it's the gear I have on hand. The best solution I've found so far though is a netbook. They cost less per month than a cell phone since it's data plan only. The purchase price @ sprint/verizon/etc ranges from free to $100 depending on which you buy. They already have the cell modem built in.

So yeah... netbook & a battery buddy. That's your mobile CP in a nutshell. Everything else is just a glorified transport module for it.