WCPS Operations Manager

Annual Supporting Member
impulseballer42586 is a Moderator
impulseballer42586 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtgod View Post
Omg Omg Omg What If Aka Buys Smartparts Out

id buy an AKA luxe
Luxe = DLX, they are still being made and are separate from smart parts.

Step #1 - Go Here
Step #2 - Read This
Step #3 - Don't talk about fight club
impulseballer42586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2010, 06:32 PM #44
imtgod
Sick T

imtgod is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
which is why the smartparts 09 impulse has the same frame as a luxe... right???
Dan
"

You Know Your Cool When...

My feedback : http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post15920355
imtgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:36 PM #45
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
Smart Parts is DLX's parent company, but DLX operates independently of Smart Parts.

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.
Wenuliveudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:17 PM #46
imtgod
Sick T

imtgod is a Supporting Member
thats like saying a team operates independently of its sponsors....
Dan
"

You Know Your Cool When...

My feedback : http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post15920355
imtgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM #47
Wenuliveudie
100% Organic

Wenuliveudie plays in the PSP
Wenuliveudie donated to help Peyton Trent
Wenuliveudie helped look for balloons
Wenuliveudie plays in the APPA D5 division
DLX is moving production and its headquarters to California to work out of Dye's facilities.

DLX has never been explicit in its relationship with Smart Parts.

Old Feedback +16
Don't lose touch.
Wenuliveudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:07 AM #48
XKE

Annual Supporting Member
XKE plays in the PSP
XKE plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
yeah, i was told that luxes have been coming out of dyes shops for a while now actually.
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:36 PM #49
duscar

duscar owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
duscar supports Team VICIOUS
so are you guys saying that the cyborg is basically a single tube viking? and whats the story behind the evil m? ive been out of the loop for a while
duscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:38 AM #50
Splatter Effect
Proud Angel Owner

Splatter Effect helped look for balloons
Splatter Effect supports Team VICIOUS
They're saying that part of the reason of macdev's success is that when the cyborg broke into the market, a good majority of AKA followers went to it and attested to it's build quality etc. helping with it's reputation.

Evil M's on the other hand are essentially a stack tubed viking (2 tubes not 3) in which people by Merlin extrusions and mill them anyway they like, use frames of their choice as well as boards and solenoids, triggers etc. While still using AKA style detents, bolts, regs, valves, rams, etc. There's a thread in the custom markers forum that can give you a better idea with picures of completed projects and projects in progress.

Cereal Killerz & Free Agent FS!

PBreview Feedback (+2/-0)
Splatter Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:45 AM #51
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by duscar View Post
so are you guys saying that the cyborg is basically a single tube viking? and whats the story behind the evil m? ive been out of the loop for a while
similiar which is why they never appealed to me. i started planning an evil M , and when i was between macdevs red valve and aka valve, using macdevs frame, i was like **** this im better off buying a cybord and this will probably be way similiar.

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:36 PM #52
flomarilius

Went to a couple of paintball shops today to pick up some essentials and I was told that the idea that DLX will be picked up by DYE is probably the most absurd idea they heard because the Luxe is in effect competing with the NT. The only gun that Dye could pick up off SP if they choose to go that route would be the impulse as Dye has a lack of poppit valve guns. Could Bob Long add the impulse to their line of markers, they already use the poppit technology?
flomarilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 PM #53
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

dye is not picking up dlx. luxe parts were being made in dye's california facility.

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:33 AM #54
commrad

I know this is an old thread but sp petitioned to change from chapter 11 to chapter 7. pattens will be sold and if they are like denman tire (also chapter 7) they name will be sold as well. I have not read the agreement between aka and sp but if sp was the plaintiff named on the agreement and no one picks up the name, then sp name dies and there is no plaintiff in existence to file suit for breach of contract. aka could also buy the agreement in the liquidation. that would mean they own an agreement with themselves at which point they could file an injunction and have the agreement annulled. Technically anyone who buys it can annul the agreement.

If I understand correctly when liquidated items are general not included with the name (ie contracts, agreements ect)

THANK GOD (or what ever deity you prefer if any) that sp are getting what they deserve in the end. Karma will get ya every time
commrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:57 AM #55
VicodinES
The Widow's Son

Nobody has read the agreement between AKA and SP except the people involved, so there's no way to know what exactly it said.

That being said, AKA is just a shell of what it used to be. Aaron is no longer with the company, and Dan has left as well. Larry and Eileen are still "running" AKA, but it comes down to nothing new is beign designed. At most, they could start producing 04 vikings and excals again, but nothing new would come out of it.
VicodinES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:24 PM #56
oklahomaoutrage09
**** SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicodinES View Post
At most, they could start producing 04 vikings and excals again, but nothing new would come out of it.
which would still be better than most new markers anyhow.

Viking
PneuMag
Old 08-03-2010, 03:48 PM #57
R3L
CCM is not a verb

I read somewhere (MCarterbrown probably) that a small batch of mechanical autococker-type guns is coming soon.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM #58
i_luv_strats
Free techs+repairs PM me!

i_luv_strats helped look for balloons
i_luv_strats owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_luv_strats owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_luv_strats supports Team VICIOUS
that's correct, check a couple threads down for it. i want one

Originally posted by psiborg: Don't get one...I relate buying an AKA product to trying Crack. Sure it's fun at the start but then you just want more and more until you're ready to sell your family to a shady guy in a zoot suit for that FSP/Tarantula/Halfmill/Fullmill/Bonebrake etc. Damn now I've gone and soiled myself."
Furious Paintball Lotus barrel review .686 .689 .693 bores
i_luv_strats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 05:57 PM #59
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by commrad View Post
I know this is an old thread but sp petitioned to change from chapter 11 to chapter 7. pattens will be sold and if they are like denman tire (also chapter 7) they name will be sold as well. I have not read the agreement between aka and sp but if sp was the plaintiff named on the agreement and no one picks up the name, then sp name dies and there is no plaintiff in existence to file suit for breach of contract. aka could also buy the agreement in the liquidation. that would mean they own an agreement with themselves at which point they could file an injunction and have the agreement annulled. Technically anyone who buys it can annul the agreement.
Almost all agreements such as that between SP and AKA contain catch-all phrases such as "and to all assigns, heirs, devisees, etc." which would allow (in this case) the assignee bank to enforce the settlement agreement if the bank chose to do so. In other words, unless the attorneys who drafted the settlement agreement were brain dead, that contract will survive SP's bankruptcy. Now, if AKA bought the agreement as part of the liquidation, AKA could effectively void the agreement. Don't hold your breath on this for the reasons identified by Vicodin. There WILL be bidders for the electro patent who can pay more than AKA.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:22 PM #60
oklahomaoutrage09
**** SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
There WILL be bidders for the electro patent who can pay more than AKA.

custar
however, some of those bidders would not be as selfish and could possibly void all agreements and not just their own. It is a bit optimistic, however, still possible.

Viking
PneuMag
Old 08-04-2010, 12:35 AM #61
oklahomaoutrage09
**** SP

btw custar, check your pms on geisterjager...

Viking
PneuMag
Old 08-06-2010, 02:05 AM #62
BigBeef
Have paint, will mow.

There was a big thread about this somewhere here on PBN. What I could gather from it is that a lot of people think it's going to be legally possible for AKA to produce guns again. Basically CH 7 means everything is sold for cash to pay off creditors, which means the SP name will never exist again. Since SP is gone, the banks now have custody of their patents. Banks of course don't want them so they'll sell them for cash.

A lot of people in that thread think that A) any agreement between SP and AKA is gone, and B) whoever buys those patents from the bank could potentially allow AKA to make guns again. Whoever buys the patents have the right to allow that.

If there was an agreement between SP and specific people at AKA, those agreements should cease to exist and is bound by the patents, so whoever buys the patents would have that control and SP's agreements can piss off.

Some speculate that the SP owners will rebuy the patents and create a new company, but if the bank holds the patents, they may choose not to sell it back to them.
BigBeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:34 AM #63
robfromabove
...taking over the world

I think a lot of people have misconceptions about what happened between Smart Parts and AKA and what can potentially happen. Smart Parts offered AKA the right to continue to manufacturer markers as long as they paid royalties to them - and from what I remember, it was relatively small, less than $10 per marker. Now, with Larry at the helm, his pride prevented him from signing it, and with that Dan, Aaron, and Bart all left AKA to do their own thing - mostly putting all their efforts towards STD.

Even if any of the what-if's were to happen, you have to remember a couple of things. One, all of the engineering and manufacturing talent that really made AKA what it was is no longer there, and two, Larry doesn't have the drive or desire to get back into the industry.

I've been holding off on adding my 2¢ to this thread, but I finally caved. People just need to let go and accept that AKA will never make markers again. If you can find one, get your hands on one (if you don't already) - other than that, don't keep your hopes up.
robfromabove is offline   Reply With Quote