PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-09-2010, 07:42 PM #148
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchuck234 View Post
I play indoor soccer every thursday night. It kicks my *** pretty good.
Indoor is what's up. Can you bust 'dem moves?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2010, 08:02 PM #149
mrchuck234
Return of the King

mrchuck234 plays in the PSP
I can hold my own.

I've never really played soccer before so I'm still in the learning phase. Although last session I had 3 goals, 2 unassisted.
mrchuck234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:32 PM #150
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

I'm going to drive up there and style on you. And there's nothing you can do about it.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:33 PM #151
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
I thought this thread was about the superbowl.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 PM #152
black_angus
hooah hooah hooah hooah

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonic_dimebag v4 View Post
Have you ever heard/seen how he talks and acts?
So trying to talk and act like a gangster makes you a thug? I didn't know every 14 year old white male was a thug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
I bet Fat Joe is one of the least athletic people in this forum. I'd be willing to throw a lot of loot down on that too.
I wouldn't.

Quote:
I was just throwing it out there that Fat Joe was a bad athlete and the only position he could play in pretty much any sport would be offensive lineman. It didn't really have much to do with his hate for soccer.
So in soccer, he would be an offensive lineman? In cricket, he would be an offensive lineman? In basketball, he would be an offensive lineman? I don't see how he could be an offensive lineman in EVERY SPORT.

Americans don't like soccer that much because there's no ****ing hitting. It's fairly obvious.
Hate the Cowboys? Show it here.
black_angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 PM #153
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Americans don't like soccer that much because there's no ****ing hitting. It's fairly obvious.
Is it? How then, do you explain the sport's dramatic growth over the last decade, particularly among young people? Why is ESPN paying millions upon millions of dollars for the rights to all these soccer leagues and games and devoting more and more coverage to the sport if Americans don't like soccer? Soccer has grown a whole lot and there's no reason to expect it not to grow further, especially if the US puts on a good showing in the World Cup.

Also, there isn't one generic reason why most Americans don't follow the sport. Some don't like it because there's no hitting. Some don't like it because it's foreign. Some don't like it because it's boring to them.

But most don't like it simply because they didn't grow up with it.

That being said, soccer will continue to grow in the United States, all you have to do is look at the ratings it gets and the high volume sales of games like FIFA.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 PM #154
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

FIFA has gotten a lot of my friends into soccer. That game is awesome.

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:36 PM #155
SpyderPB819

SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Occasionally two players will slide into each other and break every bone in their body... or so it seems when they lay on the field for 15-20 minutes.
SpyderPB819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:32 PM #156
UNK (Banned)

you notice americans that love football dont try to sell football to soccer fanatics. Yet soccer fanatics insists on trying to push soccer on us. Bottom line is had, people in europe and across the world grown up with the Dallas cowboys, steelers, 49ers football of the 70-90s right now they would be huge football fans.
UNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:38 AM #157
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I'll still dunk on you.

You aint dunkin on **** tubbah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
We should all pitch in some money and try and bring DeMarcus Ware in so Fat Joe can try and block him for his birthday.

I'd totally be down with that.

Quote:
My statements about football are just as ignorant as yours are about soccer. Do you see this now? Probably not.

yea, except what I say is actually true, you're just grasping at straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNK View Post
you notice americans that love football dont try to sell football to soccer fanatics. Yet soccer fanatics insists on trying to push soccer on us. Bottom line is had, people in europe and across the world grown up with the Dallas cowboys, steelers, 49ers football of the 70-90s right now they would be huge football fans.

Good point. Now get the **** back to your Saints thread where you belong. Who the **** let you out anyway?
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 AM #158
demonic_dimebag v4

They don't want Bandwagon Fan UNK there either. Neither does the OSST Poker Thread. Maybe he should just /self
"Originally posted by Bandwagon Fan UNK: aww whos the lucky guy, will we be seeing you two on a match.com commercial? Yes bush is a better receiver than CJ, once again this forum is a joke for football talk. Go to a REAL football forum and youd clowns be laughed off, thats why you all gather to this pos paintball forum who the **** plays paintball anyway, to talk football when no ones played, and no one knows **** just watchs espn. Its so funny its entertaining which is why i keep comeing back, keep owning and keep makeing kids stick remote controlls up their *** in their anger."
demonic_dimebag v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM #159
Spartan58 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPB819 View Post
Yes, you fat piece of ****.
I missed this. Want to be proven wrong?
Spartan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:13 PM #160
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
The hell? How many football leagues in Europe were planted by the NFL or Americans? Why are games being played in the new Wembley stadium every season? You are absolutely, dead wrong. No one in this thread was selling soccer, I merely mentioned I was going to TIME soccer as well as the other big sports and some ignorant internet commando went into operator mode on a fire mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
I thought this thread was about the superbowl.
It was, it goes to show you how threatened some football fans are with other sports. Quite frankly that mindset is based on ignorance. People are allowed to be fans of different sports, maybe they didn't get that memo.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
ajdx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM #161
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite

Quote:
That is so wrong it's ****ing absurd. We aren't pushing soccer on you guys. You guys are just trying to make fun of a sport that you have no knowledge of and we are defending it. Get a ****ing clue. ajdx said it perfectly.

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:24 PM #162
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdx1000 View Post
The hell? How many football leagues in Europe were planted by the NFL or Americans? Why are games being played in the new Wembley stadium every season? You are absolutely, dead wrong. No one in this thread was selling soccer, I merely mentioned I was going to TIME soccer as well as the other big sports and some ignorant internet commando went into operator mode on a fire mission.

It was, it goes to show you how threatened some football fans are with other sports. Quite frankly that mindset is based on ignorance. People are allowed to be fans of different sports, maybe they didn't get that memo.

Actually, its just that nobody gives a **** about soccer for all the reasons already mentioned.

Quote:
That is so wrong it's ****ing absurd. We aren't pushing soccer on you guys. You guys are just trying to make fun of a sport that you have no knowledge of and we are defending it. Get a ****ing clue. ajdx said it perfectly.

We have plenty of knowledge on it, hence where our opinions are formed.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 PM #163
Oatmeal
I'm healthy

Oatmeal is playing at Living Legends III
Oatmeal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Oatmeal supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan58 View Post
I missed this. Want to be proven wrong?
Yes, i've never seen a picture of you.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:02 PM #164
demonic_dimebag v4

-Soccer players have more endurance than football players
-Football players are stronger than Soccer players (in most cases)
-Soccer has the more difficult skill set out of the two. (holding a ball and running is easier than dribbling it past other people)
-Hockey is more difficult than both. You need to control a puck with a stick and shoot on a 4x6 net when the goalie takes up about 1/3 of it with pads on...oh and you have to do it all while skating.
"Originally posted by Bandwagon Fan UNK: aww whos the lucky guy, will we be seeing you two on a match.com commercial? Yes bush is a better receiver than CJ, once again this forum is a joke for football talk. Go to a REAL football forum and youd clowns be laughed off, thats why you all gather to this pos paintball forum who the **** plays paintball anyway, to talk football when no ones played, and no one knows **** just watchs espn. Its so funny its entertaining which is why i keep comeing back, keep owning and keep makeing kids stick remote controlls up their *** in their anger."
Old 02-10-2010, 04:10 PM #165
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
-Soccer players have more endurance than football players

Nope. WRs routinely run over 2000 yards in a game, and generally not at less then 3/4 speed or max effort blocking.

Quote:
-Football players are stronger than Soccer players (in most cases)

Yes.

Quote:
-Soccer has the more difficult skill set out of the two. (holding a ball and running is easier than dribbling it past other people)

Yea, but catching, throwing, and running while 11 angry men try to remove said ball from hands is not easy.

Quote:
-Hockey is more difficult than both. You need to control a puck with a stick and shoot on a 4x6 net when the goalie takes up about 1/3 of it with pads on...oh and you have to do it all while skating.

Woopdee doo. Doesnt change the fact that is ****ing BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIINNNNNNNGGGGGG!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:14 PM #166
demonic_dimebag v4

To each his own. And soccer players run EASILY more than football players in a game.

edit: And soccer players are on the field for the entire 90 minutes. WRs are on the field for 12 plays at a time at most.

Last edited by demonic_dimebag v4 : 02-10-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:27 PM #167
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Quote:
To each his own. And soccer players run EASILY more than football players in a game.

edit: And soccer players are on the field for the entire 90 minutes. WRs are on the field for 12 plays at a time at most.
2000 yards is 2000 yards brah.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:30 PM #168
demonic_dimebag v4

I'd love to know where you heard this information.