Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 01:38 AM #316
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
Just because it's cheaper to play soccer than play football or other sports doesn't make soccer any worse or ***** than those other sports. Let's be real here. If anything it should make it more appealing. Why the **** do I want to drop that much money on all this equipment just to play a sport competitively.

Soccer is the biggest sport in the world and after this upcoming World Cup it will become even bigger in America whether any of you like it or not, so suck a fat cock ******s.

/infractions

EDIT:

There's a reason why the World Cup only comes around every 4 years. EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD COMPETES IN IT. It takes that long for the qualification to narrow down hundreds of countries to the top 32 teams to play in the finals.
It'll be popular for a week after the world cup. Then North America will focus on baseball and golf again.

Enjoy having the biggest sport in the world. Just because a lot of people play it doesn't make it great. I guess being muslim is the best because its the most popular religion.
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2010, 02:14 AM #317
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite
 
jogabonito7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston
Sports =////////= Religion
__________________
Patriots ~ Celtics ~ Bruins ~ Red Sox

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:53 AM #318
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
Sports =////////= Religion
No, but by you're logic the most popular = the best. I forget what thats called..........um......what was it.....bandwagon? maybe? I forget.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:13 AM #319
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul
 
IoNxRoCkEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LSU
Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
lolsoccer
__________________
NCAA Thread-Come feel the hate
IoNxRoCkEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:35 AM #320
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
It'll be popular for a week after the world cup. Then North America will focus on baseball and golf again.

Enjoy having the biggest sport in the world. Just because a lot of people play it doesn't make it great. I guess being muslim is the best because its the most popular religion.
Soccer's grown a whole lot over the past decade, I don't think there's any doubt about that, especially with ESPN now actively promoting soccer and paying tens of millions to air games to great ratings. Also, Islam is not the world's most popular religion, not sure where you heard that.
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:03 PM #321
Ben is banned! (Banned)
Frog!
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: marseille
Fastest growing religion.
Ben is banned! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:18 PM #322
Kellster
Pretentious Hipster
 
Kellster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Praha, Česká
That's right. Also, bonus points if you can name the world's biggest Muslim nation without cheating!
__________________
85%
Kellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:54 PM #323
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World
 
licence_to_kill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: good ol' So Cal
licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Indonesia
__________________
SAN DIEGO
CHARGERS

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:31 AM #324
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
Sports =////////= Religion
see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
No, but by you're logic the most popular = the best. I forget what thats called..........um......what was it.....bandwagon? maybe? I forget.
The logic presented in this argument fails. Soccer being popular does not make it great, just as a popular religion is not great simply because its popular. cwutididthar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
Soccer's grown a whole lot over the past decade, I don't think there's any doubt about that, especially with ESPN now actively promoting soccer and paying tens of millions to air games to great ratings. Also, Islam is not the world's most popular religion, not sure where you heard that.
And other sports haven't grown? The NHL hasn't expanded into more markets in the U.S and played more games overseas? What about other international leagues like the KHL.

Golf has exploded, no doubt. Look at the growth in players and PGA ratings.

Basketball is an international force that has become huge in China and Europe as well as America.

There has been growth in every sport and ESPN pays a ton to broadcast other sports too. Not sure what your point is here exactly...

While Christianity is technically the largest, the division within the religion over what form of Christianity is practiced makes me believe that it isn't the biggest as it is somewhat divded against itself. Then again, I don't know or care much about religion. It was brought up to prove that most popular does not equal the best or the most correct.
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:59 AM #325
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire
 
madgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Homewood, IL
madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellster View Post
That's right. Also, bonus points if you can name the world's biggest Muslim nation without cheating!
india?
__________________
Honey Badger University Professor of Women Studies, Dean of Student Affairs
madgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:38 PM #326
jogabonito7
boom goes the dynamite
 
jogabonito7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.cocalino View Post
And other sports haven't grown? The NHL hasn't expanded into more markets in the U.S and played more games overseas? What about other international leagues like the KHL.

Golf has exploded, no doubt. Look at the growth in players and PGA ratings.

Basketball is an international force that has become huge in China and Europe as well as America.

There has been growth in every sport and ESPN pays a ton to broadcast other sports too. Not sure what your point is here exactly...
All those sports you just mentioned that are growing in popularity are spreading to many countries, but soccer is already incredibly popular in every one of those countries. The only country left for soccer to expand into is the U.S. and that's slowly happening. Those sports you mentioned have a TON of catching up to do.
__________________
Patriots ~ Celtics ~ Bruins ~ Red Sox

Skillz
jogabonito7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:36 PM #327
IoNxRoCkEr
Voice of the Soul
 
IoNxRoCkEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LSU
Annual Supporting Member
IoNxRoCkEr is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
IoNxRoCkEr is Legendary
Rather watch golf than soccer
__________________
NCAA Thread-Come feel the hate
IoNxRoCkEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:42 PM #328
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
All those sports you just mentioned that are growing in popularity are spreading to many countries, but soccer is already incredibly popular in every one of those countries. The only country left for soccer to expand into is the U.S. and that's slowly happening. Those sports you mentioned have a TON of catching up to do.


Soccer is gay, and everyone knows it except Eurofags who love twilight.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:33 PM #329
mr.cocalino
Always getting trolled...
 
mr.cocalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by jogabonito7 View Post
All those sports you just mentioned that are growing in popularity are spreading to many countries, but soccer is already incredibly popular in every one of those countries. The only country left for soccer to expand into is the U.S. and that's slowly happening. Those sports you mentioned have a TON of catching up to do.
Then your argument comes back down to popularity. A sport being popular DOES NOT make it good. Popular choices are often the most retarded.
__________________
-Fantasy League Champion 09-10 (rookie season): ST:S Late
-STS:F Best Fantasy Advice Giver 2009


"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: When Mr. C does push-ups, he doesnt go up, the Earth goes down..."

"Originally posted by RamapoLax: And girls panties get soaked."
mr.cocalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 PM #330
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:37 PM #331
De4d On Targ3T
 
 
De4d On Targ3T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Corona, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
Soccer is gay, and everyone knows it except Eurofags who love twilight.
lul umad?
__________________
De4d On Targ3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:26 PM #332
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Nah. Straight. Thanks for askin though.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:52 AM #333
rustyness
ch-ch-chyea! king day!
 
rustyness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
too lazy to read all 9 pages. anyone bring up where rugby stands in this? cuz i mean.. its got all the running and hitting and pushing and ****.

fat joe i know you feel me on this one, dawg.
__________________
Rawr.
rustyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:12 PM #334
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyness View Post
too lazy to read all 9 pages. anyone bring up where rugby stands in this? cuz i mean.. its got all the running and hitting and pushing and ****.

fat joe i know you feel me on this one, dawg.

Rugbys legit. Its not football but its physical requirement is legit.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM #335
Hawke
 
 
Hawke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
I went to a college lacrosse game last weekend. I hope no one seriously considers it one of the more demanding sports.
__________________
Feedback
Hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:26 PM #336
Fat_Joe
$OG$
 
Fat_Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MASSachusetts
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
I went to a college lacrosse game last weekend. I hope no one seriously considers it one of the more demanding sports.
Nah, lacrosse is one the games that kids who cant hack it in football play.
__________________
Beast Mode: Activated
big as I wanna be
HHAP Founder
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump