PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-08-2001, 02:39 AM #22
Carlo

has been a member for 10 years
honestly i don't see why not as long as you find a way to keep the window in place and don't mind the looks (if they are that bad in the first place) of it. i might try it myself when i get it back (hopefully next week) the DV-8 you can install yourself just requires you to drill the holes for the buttons, the Chaos feed i am not sure of but i know the anti chop eye has to be done by defiance cause of the milling involved with it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2001, 01:09 PM #23
`Mischief
Banned

here's something to go along with that DV8 from the people at www.go.to/customjewels
just alittle something that a customer requested. and yea i know it looks similar to that other one. a customer requested some changes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chaosdv8.jpg (42.9 KB, 406 views)
Old 06-16-2001, 02:10 PM #24
Carlo

'Mischief~ sweet thanx for posting it, i didn't know you lived so close to me, how long do you think it would take to get from mazinkaiser to me here in SoCal?
Old 06-16-2001, 05:26 PM #25
`Mischief
Banned

hehe, i didn't know you lived around here either!
Anyways, i have no idea. I myself sent in some pictures to be printed for my battery door. He said that i should get them some time this week. I will remind him that he owes you one. did you already pay him?
Old 06-17-2001, 03:04 AM #26
Carlo

yeah i payed him earlier this week, he emailed me 2-nite telling me he'd do it tonight and have it mailed on monday for a wednesday delivery, if everything works out this week like i am praying for i should have everything for sunday.... gladiator,mini gauge, jewel, check it high rise....now this all depends on whether defiance recieves the grips in time for a tuesday ship date
Old 06-27-2001, 11:55 PM #27
paintballin14

purpose??

Can someone please explain what the purpose of having this is?? who can shoot more then 13 bps anyways?? I just think its a waste, IMO
Old 06-28-2001, 01:27 AM #28
Carlo

defiance can answer this better but itz not really for ROF with the stock setup, DIP switches you are limited in your parameters....the dv-8 allows you to "fine tune it better" especially if you are running an eye/feed combo. see without it the eye and feed are not adjustable (someone correct me if i am wrong) but with the dv-8 you can set how long you want the paddles to spin with every shot,you can set the eye delay in ms. like i said Rich can answer it batter then if you want pm him and he can explain it a helluva a lot better
Conquest 68/4500
Conquest 88/4500
TiBoomstick
Lapco Autospirit
OTP G3 barrel system
J&J Ceramic
Freak Barrel System
Old 07-04-2001, 11:33 AM #29
chalex impulse
WOW that looks sweet, do you know if he is gonna make these for other guns like the impulse?

Old 07-04-2001, 12:52 PM #30
Carlo

i know he's making them for the BL timmy but don't know about the impulse i don't see why not they are practically the same guns
Conquest 68/4500
Conquest 88/4500
TiBoomstick
Lapco Autospirit
OTP G3 barrel system
J&J Ceramic
Freak Barrel System
Old 07-05-2001, 04:55 PM #31
rotorhead

hey paintballin14, i can outshoot the stock board in my defiant, if I fan the trigger like I want to, it think that I am in full-auto mode and slows to 9bps, I shot one with the original Chaos chip and had everyone looking. It comes in handy when sweet spotting off the break. The only issue with shooting that fast is turning you marker into a blender, which is why I need the eye or a faster hopper! Can you say HALO or new chop for the revvy when it comes out.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:34 PM #32
Timberwolf

some grip answers

Hey guys...

The Dye stickies were the first grips we tried. IMO, they are one of the best grips on the market. however, the funky shape of the dye emblem did not lend itself to being cutout for the window very well. Also, they use steel slats to reinforce the grips. Made it a real pain. I tried contacting DYE to see if we could have them either cut there or made with the window already in them, but they would never respond.

To date we have tried about 4 or 5 different grips. Most were just plain unsuitable and we refuse to put something out there like that. Finally, after talking at length to Mark at Allen Paintball Products, we settled on using the split hogue style grips they have. The wraparound version that is. Mark was going to mill the windows in them right there for us, but after more discussion on how to go about it and make the rubbery material come out right with a mill, he decided to go ahead and modify the tooling and just cast the grips for us from the beginning with the windows already in them. This will make a MUCH nicer finished product...one you guys will be very pleased with I am sure. Also, if it works out, the grips will have the DV8 logo on the other side.

Mark got all my specs in hand today, and I just got off the phone with him a short while ago again. They are looking to begin production of them Monday, and if all goes well I will have a large lot of DV8s with me at Zap in Pittsburgh.

So guys, I know its frustrating playing the waiting game, but it will all be for the best. Defiance had some issues come up in his life that took his mind off of paintball for a little bit, but he know it is time to start focusing again and I think you will see him around more often real soon. We are getting this in hand and ready to roll!

Stay tuned....
Old 07-07-2001, 02:50 AM #33
Carlo

thanx for the update, that was pretty cool of Mark to modify the tooling just for the DV-8's. how long do you think it'll take to get customers guns shipped or for better words for the grips to be made? if ya talk to Defiance tell him to hang in there
Conquest 68/4500
Conquest 88/4500
TiBoomstick
Lapco Autospirit
OTP G3 barrel system
J&J Ceramic
Freak Barrel System
Old 07-07-2001, 11:35 AM #34
Timberwolf

Mark is going on vacation this week, but his partner is supposed to be starting work on them Monday. I can;t imagine it taking too long, they just have to get them right so the screen fits tight. I will have to cut and install the lenses myself once they get here, but that won't take long. I am hoping to have some for the monster game, if not then by Zap for sure.
Old 07-30-2001, 02:48 PM #35
defiance

Quick update:
Just got the final grips in (yippee!!!). Yeah, I know, 'bout time; Believe me, we've been as impatient as you guys on this
Anyway, Mike's installing lenses in them all as we speak, so there's no way he's going to get them in and shipped to me in time to get the guns put together and shipped before IAO (since... Well, I'm leaving first thing in the morning).
BUT
It does mean that we'll be there, with a few fully finished systems on display, and that AS SOON as I get back, the grips go on the guns, and they get on their way back to you guys
So, finally, it all comes together

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers
Old 08-02-2001, 11:42 PM #36
Bushy2k
Selling All Equipment

Bushy2k is a Supporting Member
hey defiance its me David Hanson. Just wondering of you can give me an update on my silver bushmaster with the angel killer sticker on it. Long time no hear just making sure you remember you have my gun and hopper. Any idea when ill get it back?

Thanks
David Hanson

Old 08-04-2001, 12:20 AM #37
Simon Woodstock
Nor*Cal

dye econo grips should be used, they're the same as sticky grips except less expensive because instead of having the hard emblem it's just the same material over the whole grip, maybe that's what you guys were talking about, but they'd work better than stickies
Old 08-13-2001, 11:14 AM #38
CaptainCapy

Hey defiance, is there anyway you fit in the dv8 with a micro-bushy conversion? Also, would it be tourney legal? and, if not, is there a semi-only version of the dv8 that can be purchased? Thanks!
Old 08-14-2001, 07:48 PM #39
defiance

Ok. After much debate, tinkering, and other such goofing about, I have determined that the rev. 2 of the Prometheus (upcoming) will fit in a microbushy... But only with the feed system relay removed. I'm thinking there may be a way to remote-mount it, or possibly even locate it in the hopper, not sure... But I know it will work.
As far as semi only, yeah, of course. Semi only is quite easy. Displays prominently on the screen that it's semi only, too.

U.S. District Judge Garr M. King, Re: Smart Parts' patent on electronic paintball markers
Old 08-14-2001, 07:50 PM #40
defiance

Tourney legality... For now, yes. Next season, I have no idea. The NPPL still hasn't really done much in the way of publically announcing the specifics of their new ruling...

Old 08-14-2001, 08:21 PM #41
july_favre

july_favre is a founding member
Sweet the micro dv8, i will be the first!! So I dont understand the feed thing, Theres nt enough room in there to have it?How sure are you that you can do the mod with the intelli. Im guessing you couldnt fit the buzzer in there. if I got a custom drop forward for it, would it work housed in there?
WIll my gun have the 2nd board? I think you said it did but i didnt really understand if it was or not.
How long more for the 2nd board? I really want my gun back!! Keep up the good work.