Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2014, 10:40 PM #1
PBGriff

My Azodin BLITZ Review/Set-up (Pics)(Long)

Gun review will be at the bottom. =)

So I originally jumped the gun and was going to buy the Spyder Fenix. I searched and found lots of reviews of it here... HORRIBLE. Azodin as a company seemed to be getting great responses. Even if issues arise, they would take care of them amazingly.

I went to a local Paintball Store (Discount Paintball) and they were temporarily out of Azodins.

I received a 10% coupon from ebay for SOME reason, and bought a Black Azodin Blitz Electronic marker for $152.95 shipped. Not bad.

While waiting for the gun to arrive, a worker from Discount Paintball (DP), really went through the new technologies that paintball has gone thru since I havent played in 13 years. I cant believe Tippman 98's are still around =)

He explained to not cheap out on the mask. I didn't go all the way, but instead of getting a $15 junkie, I went the the JT Flex 8. While their, I also purchased a 4+5 belt and 4 pods. As well as G.I. Sportz 3 star paint. I caught them on a moving sale so I spent right around $110.
I chose a red squigee so that if I'm in the woods and drop it...it's not lost forever =)

I almost went with a guerrilla hpa tank, but for the extra $10, I found a new Ninja 48/3000 tank for $45. I didn't know I had a ninja store 15 minutes from me.

I ALREADY regret cheaping out on my hopper. I went with a JT agitator style. It was $26 shipped. It's ok, LOUD... and when the hopper runs low and if I'm still in a auto ramp mode... it sucks. I will 100% be changing that out.
I love the TRAILS OF DOOM youtube videos so to show support I bought some of his stickers off ebay and put 2 of them on the **** hopper.

I feel pretty good about my gear, and have learned alot. Spent around $340 and am pretty well set to go. I have my own gloves, apparel for now.

AZODIN BLITZ REVIEW

When I first received the gun I was extremely excited. Maybe even...stoked.

Packaging was great!
As a total noob, I put the gun together quick, hooked up my tank and hopper and... didn't pull the bolt back to get things going, and did not figure that out for 15 minutes. dee da dee.

The gun feels solid. Light, but strong. Very user friendly to figure out. With the box comes the necessary tools to work on it. The manual. BLOWS. It's not very descriptive. Short which is fine, it explains what each color means on the gun, but not how to get to the different colors/modes or how to turn the gun off. I had to do some research on here and got some great help. Love this forum!

So after having some failed attempts and my eyes getting dirty every 20 shots, I figured out I was using the mode's incorrectly. I seem to have found 2 that work awesome. I'm also unsure how much I like the "feedneck" i think it's called. It's something I may change out down the line, but for now as for the amount of time I can play, it's AWESOME.

CLEAN gun. For a blowback gun, I feel almost nothing, and it's not as loud as i thought it would be. I'm SURE they're are more quite guns, but for the price. IMPRESSED.

I've now shot 300 balls through it since figuring out the modes. I did have one chop towards the end of my hopper, but I'm still convinced it was me and not the gun.

I'm decently hands on, and this gun is SO easy to take apart and put back together. I love it. I can't wait for Azodin to get more and more so i can show support for them.

I'm going to use it for the first time this Saturday on a field so I will be following up on this thread with another review.

Pictures

PS: I'm pretty sure I didn't upload these images correctly.
PBGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2014, 12:40 PM #2
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

AzodinTech works for a Paintball manufacturer
Good review PBGriff. The last ball chopping is a common occurrence when shooting the marker quickly. It happens because the last ball bounce off the bottom of the breach and the bolt will catch it on the way up. Without any stack pressure (paintballs apply pressure to paintballs beneath them) the ball will jump when it is fed from the top of the feedneck. Last ball syndrome =P.

The manual is a basic overview of the marker. Below this post is a tuning guide which may help:

How to Tune Your Azodin Marker
In order to change the velocity of the marker, you will need to use the rear velocity adjuster and the regulator. If you have a Zenith, Kaos-D, or ZII then you need to also use the Zero System located below the barrel.

Step 1: Adjust the Rear Velocity Adjuster
Turning the velocity clockwise (right) will increase the velocity of the marker. Turn the velocity adjuster counterclockwise (left) will decrease the velocity. Do not turn the velocity in more than 5 threads in, otherwise you might run into recocking issues and break paint. The stock setting for the rear velocity adjuster is 2 turns in from flush (or two threads).

Step 2: Adjust the Regulator
If you are unable to achieve your desired velocity, please reset the rear velocity to the stock setting. You will now adjust the regulator. Turning the regulator clockwise (right) will lower the pressure in the marker. Turning the regulator counterclockwise (left) will increase the pressure entering the marker. For every turn of the regulator, please shoot the marker to balance out the pressure in the regulator. If you fail to do this step, you run the risk of damaging the regulator seat.
We recommend only adjusting the regulator from its stock settings. After a turn, you should return to adjusting the marker through the rear velocity adjuster. These are the following stock settings for the regulator:

Blitz/Blitz-Evo – 3.75 – 4.0 turns (400 psi)

How to Reset Your Regulator

1. Degas the marker and clear the air from the regulator
2. Turn the Regulator Adjustment Screw in until it stops (don’t force it past this point)
3. Turn the Regulator out a set number of turns indicated above to get the factory setting

Each regulator is slightly different due to difference in tank output pressure and component variance. All pressure outputs and settings are estimates based on a large sample size. The best way to get the correct output pressure is to use a pressure tester.

Sincerely,
Ed
909-468-3600
AzodinTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:53 PM #3
PBGriff

Ah THANK YOU Azodin tech! Your exactly right with last ball syndrome. I chopped with 1 to 4 balls left and I was shooting as fast as I could.

Thank you for the tuning guide. I 100% recommend this gun. Holy bang for the buck. I shot today 200 balls with 0 issues except in purple mode. Again its just me getting use to the gun.

I know this deserves a better hopper to reach gull potential.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:45 PM #4
PBGriff

After playing with the Blitz for 4-5 hours today on fields. It went Flawless. I chrono'd at 315, and it took a bit to turn it down, but I got under the required 290.

Had 0 chops. Had a TON of fun. Already I'm SUPER SORE.

I'm extremely happy with this gun. Let the tweaking begin!
Old 08-24-2014, 09:54 PM #5
PBGriff

UPDATE:

I've now put around 2500 balls thru it.... no chops. I've upgraded to the Empire Scion loader... and this gun is seriously so much bang for the buck.

Cons: Well I guess not cons, but things that are a little annoying... Feedneck. I hate screwing on and off the loader and trying to keep everything steady. It probably needs an asa.

I love this gun, Great Job AZODIN!

Last edited by PBGriff : 08-24-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:41 PM #6
HotSauceMagik

HotSauceMagik has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm taking my new Blitz out for her maiden voyage on Sunday. I've done some testing with it so far an like what I'm seeing.

I drained a hopper on full auto the other day with nary an issue. I will have to do some velocity adjustments when I get to the field on Sunday but it should be a great day!

I'll post back after the event,
HotSauceMagik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:00 PM #7
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSauceMagik View Post
I'm taking my new Blitz out for her maiden voyage on Sunday. I've done some testing with it so far an like what I'm seeing.

I drained a hopper on full auto the other day with nary an issue. I will have to do some velocity adjustments when I get to the field on Sunday but it should be a great day!

I'll post back after the event,
Keep us update on how it turns out.

-Ed
909-468-3600
Old 09-11-2014, 09:29 AM #8
PBGriff

Hot sauce I think you're going to love it! I've put thousands of paint thru mine now without a single break. A couple of jams but with my Empire Scion on it now, it's fantastic.

I also took the whole thing apart for maintenance AND IT'S SO SIMPLE. I suggest cleaning and lubing after every full day of use.

I think with a asa/clamping feedneck and a more thorough manual this is a $250 gun that most pay $170 for. At my fields I'm letting everyone shoot the gun and no one is seeing the difference between this and a rail.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:45 AM #9
HotSauceMagik

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBGriff View Post
A couple of jams but with my Empire Scion on it now, it's fantastic.
I've got a Halo Too on it that keeps up just fine.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:49 AM #10
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
BTW this is my blitz...

Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:36 AM #11
HotSauceMagik

The zombie hordes were beaten back yesterday thanks in part to my matte red azodin blitz.

Overall, the day was a blast and the gun held up well. My setup for the day was Halo Too loader, 2011 Blitz, 68/4500 ninja tank. Shooting valken graffiti.

Some points and observations about the day:
  • The feather trigger is great for walking, but definitely did me some dirt.
Being that it was my first time really out with her, I ended up sending a few balls straight into my barrel condom because I forgot to put the safety on. I'd say I accidently pulled the trigger 10 ish times during the day (thankfully not hitting anyone or myself). This is something I will get used to.
  • My battery indicator came on half way through the day.
I put a brand new battery in this thing when I got it (a month ago?). Since then, I've done some dry firing, and put a few hoppers through to test it out. I noticed after one particularly long time without shooting (between getting out and waiting for a new respawn, then camping) that my gun had turned off. When I turned it back on, the red light was blinking. I haven't used this thing all that much so unless I did something wrong, this thing pretty much ate a battery between messing around my house and 1 day of play.
  • My velocity was really inconsistent.
I dialed it in to where I thought it was shooting in the 270's (280 is the cap on this field) but when They did a chrono check on the field I was a little over. In doing a bit more chronoing, I found that every 4th ball or so was down in the 250s. Eventually I had to dial it way down because I couldn't keep it under 280 consistently. I'm thinking this could be caused by a bad barrel/paint matchup, but any help is appreciated.
  • Accuracy was not where I wanted it to be.

Now this could be an effect of the velocity/paint thing, but it seemed like my balls were flying every which way but straight. It was accurate to around 20 yards, but after that balls started spinning all over the place. As I understand it the stock barrel is pretty decent, but it sure didn't seem that way yesterday. It seemed like the tippmans (rentals) the guys next to me were using were far more accurate.
  • I did break some paint in the barrel.
I think this was towards the end of the day where I picked up some Valken Redemption from a friend. It may be that it is just too brittle for the gun, but it did happen so I thought I should mention it.
  • Holy hell is this thing loud!
Not that it really needs to be said, but definitely looking forwards to a zero system to quiet it down some.

Overall the gun did perform well, and I had a great time with it. Looking forward to ironing out some of the kinks that come with owning my first electric marker.

Ninja edit: Definitely wish I had bought a black gun now. I was pretty well hidden most of the time but having red metal flashing in the sun probably didn't help my position any.

Last edited by HotSauceMagik : 09-15-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:14 PM #12
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

the spikes and drops in velocity will be helped dramtically with a smaller bore. We all have our preferences, so we wont get into recomendations.

I prefer to use a .679 here on the east coast, and i shoot valken 90% of the time. a good lube to both reg and gun wouldnt hurt.

a zero would help with barrel breaks, also adjusting your reg pressure up lightly and backing your velocity out could help. might be a little less air efficient, but would use more air to push the ball and less bolt.

as far as battery life...well it is what it is lol. maybe azodin has a better answer for that
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
Old 09-15-2014, 01:15 PM #13
shogo242

shogo242 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
shogo242 supports Team VICIOUS
shogo242 is attending Decay of Nations VI
shogo242 is attending Decay of Nations VII
shogo242 supports DLX Technology
Great Update!
shogo242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:23 PM #14
AzodinTech
Azodin Tech

Thanks for the update on how the Blitz performed.

With batteries we really recommend removing them from the marker when you are not using. It will save the charge on the battery. I would also recommend looking into Energy paintball 9v batteries. They usually have double the mah rating which allows them to last longer than store bought duracells and energizer batteries.

There is a possibility of bad paint to barrel match. It can definitely explain the bad consistency and accuracy. The stock barrel is bored out at .689 where most rental barrels are .693. This can make a big different especially when paint start to expand.

-Ed
909-468-3600
Old 09-15-2014, 03:16 PM #15
HotSauceMagik

Thanks for the input guys.

Like I said, I'm going to pick up a zero system for my next upgrade, and maybe a barrel after that.

I'll mess around with the reg and VA settings in the mean time to try for a more consistent shot and go from there.

And I'll remove the battery from it for now , Ed.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:23 PM #16
PBGriff

Thanks for the review! Sounds like you had some fun!

I've used my gun for 16 hours so far on the same battery. Maybe remember to turn it off between games?

I enjoy the accuracy of mine about the same distance
The first 100 feet are great, then they start to drop fast. I haven't used a top of the line gun sp I don't know what's normal.

I play at about 285. Fields near me allow 290-295. No ball breaks since the first time I used it.

Keep me posted on your upgrades! Let me know how the install goes.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:44 AM #17
HotSauceMagik

Griff, do you take the battery out when you're not using it?

Maybe I just left it on while I was mucking around the house a few times.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:06 AM #18
PBGriff

Nope, I've left the battery in. Between breaks I turn it off, but it also usually turns itself off after awhile.

I've probably had three 4 hour sessions at the fields and 3 or 4 times shooting at my house on same battery. I don't have an evo though, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:13 AM #19
HotSauceMagik

Ok. I've spent about that much time as well. I should probably just remember to turn it off more often lol.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:20 PM #20
erke69

I enjoyed reading this forum it's great!. I bought a used blitz with a proto barrel from a kid for $80 went through it quick and played some woodsball and event play, Owning nothing but spyders and a tip98magfed ( conversion kit).

The Azodin Blitz is VERY Impressive. Super easy to use, clean, and work on. So I decided to upgrade it... I just installed a Zero system on it, a clamping feed neck, a dp raps asa, and swapped out my old modified velocity loader and got a pinokio speed. I've also ordered a cp trigger to clean up the trigger slop, a rocksteady regulator seat(because my original Teflon seat crumbled apart), and new grips because mine were warped. thinking about getting the hush bolt the make it even more quiet. I'm SUPER excited to try out my revamped Blitz, also excited to get the ZII I just ordered and compare. Not sure if there are more upgrades I can do???

Last edited by erke69 : 12-09-2014 at 07:40 PM.
erke69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:52 PM #21
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erke69 View Post
I enjoyed reading this forum it's great!. I bought a used blitz with a proto barrel from a kid for $80 went through it quick and played some woodsball and event play, Owning nothing but spyders and a tip98magfed ( conversion kit).

The Azodin Blitz is VERY Impressive. Super easy to use, clean, and work on. So I decided to upgrade it... I just installed a Zero system on it, a clamping feed neck, a dp raps asa, and swapped out my old modified velocity loader and got a pinokio speed. I've also ordered a cp trigger to clean up the trigger slop, a rocksteady regulator seat(because my original Teflon seat crumbled apart), and new grips because mine were warped. thinking about getting the hush bolt the make it even more quiet. I'm SUPER excited to try out my revamped Blitz, also excited to get the ZII I just ordered and compare. Not sure if there are more upgrades I can do???

drop the techt bolt. Its a waste. Tinker with the zero system, there's a sweet spot in there. Besides that it sounds like you have a nice little shooter.
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero