Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2017, 12:32 PM #1
dmle228

Smile Blitz 3 randomly fires a few while walking the trigger fast.

Hey guys, new here on pbnation and new to Azodin!
I have a brand new blitz 3 and its been perfect except for randomly firing some when I try to walk the trigger fast. It only happens once in a while, but in the middle of walking, it may shoot about 5 on its own. Is there a simple fix to this?

Gun is 1 month old and Ive already shot about 750 rounds through it. And Im using Co2 I know its frowned upon, but nearest field is 1.5 hours away.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15877270_1088605951268709_58220420590993408_n.jpg (52.8 KB, 8 views)
dmle228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2017, 05:57 AM #2
matt_keyboardfury
ballin

the trigger is bouncing on the switch. Adjust it out a little bit
Old 01-23-2017, 12:39 PM #3
dmle228

Okay, and how do I do that?

I've also found it only does it when Co2 is hooked up. When it's just the gun, Id hit the trigger in every way I can, and it doesn't click on it's own like it does with the co2 hooked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_keyboardfury View Post
Old 01-23-2017, 03:17 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmle228 View Post

I've also found it only does it when Co2 is hooked up. When it's just the gun, Id hit the trigger in every way I can, and it doesn't click on it's own like it does with the co2 hooked up.
Is the activation point (when the marker fires) very close to the start of the pre-travel of the trigger movement? Basically, do you just have to lightly tap or even breath on the trigger and it will shoot or does the trigger have to move a bit before it fires (normally)?

If the answer is that you barely have to touch the trigger, what is going on is that the recoil (kick) of the marker is enough to make the trigger move and activate the board. A good way to test this is to gas the marker up, turn it on, then just hold the grip in one hand (finger OFF the trigger) and give the bottom of the CO2 tank a smack. If your marker fires, you have the pre-travel setpoint too close to the board activation point and are getting mechanical bounce (mechanical bounce literally means that the trigger is bouncing on the board switch and making it shoot on it's own).

To correct this, you will need to back out the top of the little set screws that is in the face of the trigger. This should correct the bounce issue. A good guide to use is that your pre-travel should be 1/2 to 2/3 of the total length that the trigger travels from start to finish. The "finish" in this case is when the post-travel set screw - the bottom of those two screws in the trigger face - hits the trigger frame and the trigger will no longer move in that direction.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:39 PM #5
dmle228

Wow you guys are awesome. Adjusting the screws fixed it, it's shooting good now. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_keyboardfury View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Quote:

Is the activation point (when the marker fires) very close to the start of the pre-travel of the trigger movement? Basically, do you just have to lightly tap or even breath on the trigger and it will shoot or does the trigger have to move a bit before it fires (normally)?

If the answer is that you barely have to touch the trigger, what is going on is that the recoil (kick) of the marker is enough to make the trigger move and activate the board. A good way to test this is to gas the marker up, turn it on, then just hold the grip in one hand (finger OFF the trigger) and give the bottom of the CO2 tank a smack. If your marker fires, you have the pre-travel setpoint too close to the board activation point and are getting mechanical bounce (mechanical bounce literally means that the trigger is bouncing on the board switch and making it shoot on it's own).

To correct this, you will need to back out the top of the little set screws that is in the face of the trigger. This should correct the bounce issue. A good guide to use is that your pre-travel should be 1/2 to 2/3 of the total length that the trigger travels from start to finish. The "finish" in this case is when the post-travel set screw - the bottom of those two screws in the trigger face - hits the trigger frame and the trigger will no longer move in that direction.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:15 AM #6
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Wow you guys are awesome. Adjusting the screws fixed it, it's shooting good now. Thanks!
Perfect. Glad you were able to get it all squared away.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote