PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-21-2014, 08:25 AM #1
HotSauceMagik

HotSauceMagik has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Purchased an "Open Box" Blitz...

What I'm looking for here is mostly opinions on whether I should make a big deal about this or not.

I posted a few days ago about the open box Blitz I bought. Well it came 2 days ago and I was super pumped at first, but...

When I opened the box the only items inside were the gun, barrel and manual. Interestingly enough on the outside of the box (which was the normal box, but turned inside out) "Refurb" is hand written in black marker.

I was under the impressions I was buying an open box item. To me this means that while the item inside is new for whatever reason it had been opened and taken out, or somehow the box got destroyed. Either way I was expecting all the same stuff you would normally get.

The vendors website basically states your're getting the new item, but it may not come with the original packaging. Warranty still applies etc...

Upon further inspection I found: A piece of paintball shell in the barrel, a few dings in the paint, and the battery was nearly dead. The manual was fairly beat up which suggests its lived outside the box for a while. In my not so expert opinion, this gun has been used.

I've sent an email to the vendor regarding the issue and asking for at least the barrel condom, allen wrenches and o-rings etc... but haven't heard back yet.

Do I make a stink about this? I mean I know I got the gun for about $25 less than typical retail, but I would have been much more leery about buying a refurbed gun, as opposed to an open box gun. After putting a new battery in it does seem to work well, but I haven't put air to it yet.

What say you, denizens of the Azodin board?
HotSauceMagik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2014, 08:35 AM #2
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

smalltownkaos has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
smalltownkaos has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
IMO, for roughly $150?... you may have paid a bit too much for what sounds like a dirty, slightly dinged up gun. But it will not be cost effective for you to send it back. As far as possible problems they are always easy fixes. you can do it all yourself except the board which is a rare problem.

I'd say speak your mind with the vendor(you may get some free/cheap) gear from it), clean it up and remember not to deal with those guys anymore.
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero
DP: Green G4...Green F8

LOOKING FOR A BLUE AZODIN ZENITH...PM ME
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:59 AM #3
HotSauceMagik

I don't mean to make it sound like its heavily used. The piece of shell I found is only a little fleck, about the size of the tip of a dull pencil. Otherwise its pretty much spotless. I'm thinking this thing was shot in the backyard a few times, but ultimately spent a month or so in some kids bedroom. Or maybe it was a product of the refurb process. Either way, I paid for an open box item, not a refurb.

I don't think i'll be using them anymore anyway because it took so long for it to get here (Cali to CT) but they do seem to be one of the more reputable online outlets.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 AM #4
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

Hook air to it and see what you have. then we'll go from there. and honestly the best place to find a deal (on used azodin) is right here.
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero

Old 08-21-2014, 09:26 AM #5
HotSauceMagik

Yeah, I didn't want to just jump in to the BST forums as a brand new member. Still need a tank and hopper though.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:29 AM #6
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

PM me
Capt. American Blitz Evo
w/ matching zero

Old 08-21-2014, 10:49 PM #7
PBGriff

Ebay always has 10% off coupons flying around, I bought my Azodin Blitz BRAND NEW for $152.95 from trademygun or paintballdeals805 I believe.

If it's not as described, I'd say at least put a little effort into an email or a phone call. It shouldn't of even come with a battery or been shipped with one installed.

I agree, I 100% would not order from them again.
PBGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:55 AM #8
iPaintSlinger
Front Line

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this. It is a ridiculous thing to go through and like STK said it would be best and cheaper to keep it. Tech it and air it up to ensure that it shoot without any leaks then base your decision on whether or not to send it back. If sending it back is ultimately what is needed then ask them to waive your restocking fee (if any) and the shipping charges. Hopefully you will not to take this route and it just works. Good luck and don't you ever shop with them again. I don't care if it was ansgear, hustle or zephyr... there are others that won't send you damaged goods.

iPS
iPaintSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote