Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-21-2015, 11:27 AM #1
ncoco252

KDII trigger differences?

I hear people saying the trigger pull on the KDII is lighter, but they don't say much about the trigger travel and reset. I don't mind the longer pulls on the old azodin mechs, but if the KDII is substantially nicer I'd rather get that. Since ( I assume) the grip frames are the same on all the Kaos models, what makes the trigger better on the KDII? The lighter striker spring? Any changes in the sear contact or angle?
ncoco252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2015, 02:13 PM #2
Keiji3G

The trigger is not only lighter, but more responsive. The pulls and trigger reset are faster, however the trigger isn't the only, or in my opinion, the best upgrades. The grips are the same, but the ASA, clamping feedneck, reg, ZERO-D are all welcome improvements. If you're into mech markers like me, the KDII is def worth it.
Keiji3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:35 PM #3
ncoco252

Yea I ordered one haha. I know even if the trigger isn't a night and day difference, the upgrades will be worth it. I'll compare the trigger feel to an ATS I have laying around.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:23 PM #4
Chosen Method

Chosen Method owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncoco252 View Post
Yea I ordered one haha. I know even if the trigger isn't a night and day difference, the upgrades will be worth it. I'll compare the trigger feel to an ATS I have laying around.
Please do.

I have been wondering how the "new lighter" trigger actually compares to their previous trigger frame used on the Kaos and ATS.

I have an original Kaos Deluxe and have been wondering if it is worth buying KD2 parts for it.
Chosen Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:37 PM #5
ncoco252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen Method View Post
Please do.

I have been wondering how the "new lighter" trigger actually compares to their previous trigger frame used on the Kaos and ATS.

I have an original Kaos Deluxe and have been wondering if it is worth buying KD2 parts for it.
I got it yesterday and out of the box the trigger honestly isn't much different than the ATS trigger. It's a lighter pull, but the ATS is still light enough for me. It feels like with the KD2 you have to actually pull the trigger back farther, rather than earlier like I thought it would be. I tested this by putting a finger behind the triggers and moving it so the gun would shoot when it touched my finger. Not exactly scientific, but I could tell a difference. The KD2 does seem to reset the trigger earlier and the start of the pull is set back more, so the travel is about the same, maybe 2 millimeters less on the KD2. I wasn't expecting a total redesign of the trigger so I'm not bummed. Some post travel slop can be fixed with some easy modding.

I also have a Tippmann 98 to compare it to and, while the 98's trigger is MUCH heavier, it trips the sear within half a centimeter and resets much quicker, too. I did pick up a single trigger for the KD2, which I feel is what it should come with. The KD2 is a real nice gun, I was just interested in what actually changed, rather than marketing talk. The trigger would be absolutely fine to very good in a game. All the upgrades will have it performing much better than a stock ATS and 98, too.

Last edited by ncoco252 : 03-26-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:59 AM #6
faus7rav3n

Here is a post from MCB about shoring up the extra slop in the trigger without drilling too much. Good Luck.

Trigger Slop Job

Sear bevel/polish

There are also ways to change how quickly the sear releases the striker, but it can be a crap shoot if you screw it up. Quite literally changing your mech into a blender because the sear won't catch properly or ruining your sear requiring a new one.

edit* I have several sears floating around my garage, I will attempt to follow the directions in that link, and attempt to do a full trigger frame work up: Installing trigger/sear stops, shortening the trigger pull by beveling the sear. I will take pictures and hopefully create a 'How To:'.

Last edited by faus7rav3n : Yesterday at 06:42 PM. Reason: new infoz
faus7rav3n is offline   Reply With Quote