PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-14-2015, 01:55 AM #1
Chosen Method

Chosen Method owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kaos deluxe vs brittle paint.

Hey guys

So recently my team and I competed in a mechanical paintball tournament.

I was using my Azodin Kaos Deluxe (1st gen). It has all the KD2 internals and I was using a spire loader, 68/4500 HPA and chronoed at about 290 fps.

We had to use the paint provided by the field and I found that every game I had a minimum of one barrel break (no paint found on the bolt/ in chamber).

The rest of my team that was using stock standard Azodin Kaos's were having chopping and barrel breaks every game.

What can we do to make our markers gentler on the paint and prevent chopping/barrel breaks? Ideally we need our guns chronoed at about 285fps.
Chosen Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2015, 07:11 AM #2
swagspambolol

Wink

As someone who owns an Azodin, I can tell you that they are going to peak paint. I have a z-2 and every time I play it breaks paint, but it gets better the more you play and break in your gun.
swagspambolol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:32 PM #3
ptwade_12

I own an Azodin Kaos and I have always had trouble with breaks. There's no cheap solution to this. This gun is not worth upgrading. If I were you I'd save my money and buy a new gun.
ptwade_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:06 PM #4
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

Use more air and less spring. It'll hurt your air efficiency, but that's not an issue anyway.
Orange/Gold Blitz3
DP:Green F8-Black/Yellow FX
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:33 PM #5
Chosen Method

Chosen Method owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagspambolol View Post
As someone who owns an Azodin, I can tell you that they are going to peak paint. I have a z-2 and every time I play it breaks paint, but it gets better the more you play and break in your gun.
Yeah it wouldn't be so bad if we could use our own paint but we have to use the paint provided... Thanks for the advice we will see how we get on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwade_12 View Post
I own an Azodin Kaos and I have always had trouble with breaks. There's no cheap solution to this. This gun is not worth upgrading. If I were you I'd save my money and buy a new gun.
Yeah our team is looking at upgrading to the KD2 as we compete in a mechanical division. Hopefully the KD2 will be gentler on paint : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownkaos View Post
Use more air and less spring. It'll hurt your air efficiency, but that's not an issue anyway.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was after. Will do some tuning at our next training. I think we might also lower our velocities a tad and see if that helps... (We are trying to run at 290fps)
Chosen Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:09 PM #6
smalltownkaos
Azodin Fan

Just raise your reg pressure, make sure you're getting a good bore match and pull back on the spring tension. Remember, backing out your zero adjustment will allow the valve to be open longer. You're going to use more air per shot but it should keep your barrel clean.

Tinkering with your spring tensions and air pressure will change your gun more than you think. But it takes time. There is no right and wrong setup, as long as it operates.
Orange/Gold Blitz3
DP:Green F8-Black/Yellow FX
smalltownkaos is offline   Reply With Quote