cool
erikguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:43 PM #44
airforcewes
Luxe Owner

airforcewes plays in the PSP
airforcewes is for the Gunfight
airforcewes supports our troops
Don't know what garbage springs you plan on using but the ones for this Luxe and Shocker mod are top grade springs made in the USA. I have both of my Shockers modded for months now and others for over a year and no springs have worn out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee19 View Post
Springs wear out, how would a company supply you with unlimited springs? Also, if they didn't include springs you wouldn't be very happy to buy new springs every few months would you?

FS
Crossfire 45/45, NDZ ASA Extender, and NXe tank covers
black 2010 NXe Elevation 3+2+2 pack
Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 PM #45
ktizzle
PLAYAH8RZ.COM

ktizzle plays in the PSP
ktizzle donated to help Peyton Trent
ktizzle plays in the APPA D4 division
ktizzle supports DLX Technology
so what all tests would people like to see? Mine is already in the mail and on it's way back to me. I should have it by Tue at the latest.
please bare in mind I don't have an endless supply of paint. nor do I own a NDZ can. however I might be able to borrow one. I do however have an EF Rod.
ktizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:04 PM #46
M98custom1212

gee19-umm I had the same spring in my shocker for a year now, shoot about 70 cases through it and still works just fine.

OLD FEEDBACK

Manufacturing Engineer
M98custom1212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:14 PM #47
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Annual Supporting Member
Yes, I could use other springs. But rhinos springs work so I see no need to change good working stuff. As for plastic bolts comming from the factory, i polish lots of parts. I can say for a fact that metal will always be smoother. The smoother the parts the better they move. It's a matter of weight vs smoothness. But let's keep this on topic. Nox bolts work great with this mod. They really need some spring help.
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:17 PM #48
airforcewes
Luxe Owner

Seriously this mod doesn't need any tests. You Luxe owners are reluctant for an unknown reason. This mod has been tested beyond comprehension on Shockers which are also spool valves that are very close to a Luxe. If you want complete details go to the Shocker thread. Get this mod for your Luxe and eliminate FSDO forever and increase your effciency because you WILL be able to lower your dwell and input pressure. Get an effciency rod too, they won't have any adverse affects on eachother. IT IS JUST A SPRING! It isn't going to mess anything up and conflict with any other components. Just get one.

FS
Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 PM #49
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
^^^^^^
Agreed. If you find the right balance of dwell and input pressure the gun wont feel any different other than the fsdo and bolt stick is gone. I have a spring modded shocker and have shot it every weekend. Closest gun to a luxe in the way it shoots.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 PM #50
nightkast939

nightkast939 plays in the APPA D3 division
You still have the same problem as before. Many luxe owners don't use the eff rode because it decreases the volume too much. If people are having trouble at a stock dwell shortening this will only cause more problems. If your luxe is already properly set up then there will be nominial gains from this. Now change the mechanical dwell....that's a different story. Bit with this mode relatively the same amount of air is going to be released. This is controlled by the he style bolt just like in shockers.
nightkast939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:44 PM #51
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
The efficiency gain comes from shortening the dwell time so much that the chamber doesn't fully dump. To get the proper fps you must raise the dwell. To gain efficiency with this mod you have to lose consistency due to variances in the electronics. Those who have issues with the efrod don't have their markers properly tuned.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 PM #52
Pooty51
Pootypaintball.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkast939 View Post
You still have the same problem as before. Many luxe owners don't use the eff rode because it decreases the volume too much. If people are having trouble at a stock dwell shortening this will only cause more problems. If your luxe is already properly set up then there will be nominial gains from this. Now change the mechanical dwell....that's a different story. Bit with this mode relatively the same amount of air is going to be released. This is controlled by the he style bolt just like in shockers.
Did you see in the video? Did you notice a lower dwell that shot hotter with the spring. That means I would be using less air to move the bolt and also a lower input pressure. I thought we all knew what makes guns more efficient by now?
Pooty51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:59 PM #53
nightkast939

Not exactly. I've been along the spring mod boat since it first started. Unless the dwell it shortened to the point the bolt system does not fully dump all it's air then there will be nominal gains. If the bolt system fully dumps then there will be little gains. If you cut the dwell to the point that it doesn't fully dump then like he said you will see losses in consistancy. I am no hater on this but don't look for spikes in effiency... Look at the shocker you say is the same as the luxe. You see relatively no gains unless the mechanical dwell is altered. Not the electronic.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:03 PM #54
husky07fb64

Annual Supporting Member
husky07fb64 helped look for balloons
husky07fb64 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Sadly, the difference of air dumped between say, 8ms and 13 ms (what I run at) is, while more than a 50% (timewise difference) the volume difference is tiny. Again, basic calculus shows that for a function f at a point x, the rate of change is defined as the limit as d goes to 0 of (f(x+d)-f(x))/d Basically, the volume difference between 8ms and 13ms is approximately is a 4% difference. Efficiency gains? Not via physics...
husky07fb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 PM #55
nightkast939

And he fails to realize only so much air is released per shot anyways due to the he style bolt. Change the mechanical dwell and yes you'll see more gains. Change the electronic dwell you see very little. Period point blank.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:07 PM #56
husky07fb64

Annual Supporting Member
husky07fb64 helped look for balloons
husky07fb64 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkast939 View Post
And he fails to realize only so much air is released per shot anyways due to the he style bolt. Change the mechanical dwell and yes you'll see more gains. Change the electronic dwell you see very little. Period point blank.

Wait... are you saying I fail to realize that? haha.
husky07fb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 PM #57
nightkast939

No the op. Your thinking is correct.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 PM #58
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee19 View Post
Springs wear out, how would a company supply you with unlimited springs? Also, if they didn't include springs you wouldn't be very happy to buy new springs every few months would you?
I make the springs used in this spring mod as well as the Shocker spring mod. With well over 500 springs in use, I've had ZERO spring breaks. I have worked with a spring engineer for over 2 weeks to get the spring rate and the spring material correct for this modification. This mod WORKS and has worked for over 2 years now in the shocker community.

Rhino

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California

Last edited by Rhino1XL : 02-04-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Rhino1XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:54 AM #59
Figment-The-Dragon
Mako Mafia member

For all

I am Figment-The-Dragon,

I thought I might chime in here. The gun in the video is MY GUN. The gun he did testing on is MY GUN. The gun he is shooting in the videos is MY GUN.

Before anyone tries the standard, “How do you know your Luxe was setup “properly” before you sent it out to him for moding and testing?”..My Luxe was setup correctly. It was/has been/always will be teched/setup by the people who know Luxes (RONAN from Strange, Rage..Just to name one).

So before the bashing starts…AGAIN...It was setup PERFECT before these mods were even done or considered.

If anyone is hesitant, don’t be. It helped out my Luxe tremendously (and it will help out yours also). Now everything was tested for this mod. I sent him the “EF Rod” (by Rajin Cajun…Thanks man awesome product..Good times at cup), NDZ can, Stock can, Nox bolt, Stock bolt. I sent him everything.

Trust me when I say, “extensive testing WAS DONE”. Everything was tested in any combination you could imagine (polished, unpolished, EF rod installed, EF rod removed, NDZ can installed, NDZ can removed, Spring installed, Spring removed). So if you ask about a specific combo, chances are he (Pooty51) or I (Figment-The-Dragon) will know, have videos, done testing, seen it, tried it.

Now that all the questions and doubts are out of the way, THIS MOD ROCKS!! Your Luxe will thank you for it.

Thank you “Pooty51” for helping me and the rest of the PBN Luxe owners. You have given us a new mod/product that makes a already PERFECT product the “Luxe” a even better “MUPPET MOWING MACHINE” that lays glorious streams of paint down field.
"Adrenaline. It’s what drives us to return to the field, week after week. The bruises we wear are badges of honor, and proof of our dedication to our chosen art. One need only examine the smoking remains of our bank balances to see the extent of this addiction. We are paintball."

Kohn..Custom Laser and Anodizing services

CUSTOMIZE YOUR GAME...And look good while doing it!!

Last edited by Figment-The-Dragon : 02-05-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Figment-The-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:14 AM #60
airforcewes
Luxe Owner

If it has FSDO because of bolt stick...it's not perfect. Even though it should be since it costs over $1K.

FS
Old 02-05-2010, 07:18 AM #61
nightkast939

Many luxes do not. Once I properly got my luxe broken in, it did not. i think 99% of all bolt stick is user error. As the op states and many others will tell you, fsdo is a tolerance issue or someone messing with the manifold too much.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 AM #62
mitchega

mitchega supports Cereal Killerz 2
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mitchega owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment-The-Dragon View Post
I am Figment-The-Dragon,

I thought I might chime in here. The gun in the video is MY GUN. The gun he did testing on is MY GUN. The gun he is shooting in the videos is MY GUN.

Before anyone tries the standard, “How do you know your Luxe was setup “properly” before you sent it out to him for moding and testing?”..My Luxe was setup correctly. It was/has been/always will be teched/setup by the people who know Luxes (RONAN from Strange, Rage..Just to name one).

So before the bashing starts…AGAIN...It was setup PERFECT before these mods were even done or considered.

If anyone is hesitant, don’t be. It helped out my Luxe tremendously (and it will help out yours also). Now everything was tested for this mod. I sent him the “EF Rod” (by Rajin Cajun…Thanks man awesome product..Good times at cup), NDZ can, Stock can, Nox bolt, Stock bolt. I sent him everything.

Trust me when I say, “extensive testing WAS DONE”. Everything was tested in any combination you could imagine (polished, unpolished, EF rod installed, EF rod removed, NDZ can installed, NDZ can removed, Spring installed, Spring removed). So if you ask about a specific combo, chances are he (Pooty51) or I (Figment-The-Dragon) will know, have videos, done testing, seen it, tried it.

Now that all the questions and doubts are out of the way, THIS MOD ROCKS!! Your Luxe will thank you for it.

Thank you “Pooty51” for helping me and the rest of the PBN Luxe owners. You have given us a new mod/product that makes a already PEFRECT product the “Luxe” a even better “MUPPET MOWING MACHINE” that lays glorious streams of paint down field.

Figment,
Has this mod softened your shoot, and what about the sound signature of the marker, have you noticed any difference?
mitchega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:42 AM #63
Gisgo09
vGisgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino1XL View Post
I make the springs used in this spring mod as well as the Shocker spring mod. With well over 500 springs in use, I've had ZERO spring breaks. I have worked with a spring engineer for over 2 weeks to get the spring rate and the spring material correct for this modification. This mod WORKS and has worked for over 2 years now in the shocker community.

Rhino
Exactly. I've been using this mod (shocker version) for almost 5 years now and my original springs are still in working condition. To everyone who is worried about this, Techt thought it was such a good idea they made their own version of it for the shocker. You can be sure they did a ton of R&D before they released it.

Gee 19, you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

To pooty. Glad someone finally got around to this.

http://www.lurkerpb.com/
Gisgo09 is offline   Reply With Quote