PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-30-2012, 11:50 PM #1
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
DLX luxe REALLY strange problem.

So my Luxe has all 1.0 parts and it shoots 12.5 with eyes ON when I set the Bypass BPS to 6.
If its set back to factory settings on the Bypass BPS (10), my gun will start to shoot 11 bps with eyes ON. (eyes are brand new) Thats what my board tells me. also the chrono will say that too. If i turn the eyes off it will start to shoot 12.5. Now all this is when I have the manifold screw a few turns in. Not sure how many turns but enough turns that it makes the gun shoot slower than 12.5 if I had my Bypass BPS to any other setting besides 6. If I set the manifold screw flush it shoots normal. 12.5 eyes on or off. but just shoots like crap

So I set the Bypass BPS to 6 to solve the problem ,but it just gave me a different problem instead. Now when I'm shooting the gun and the Loader gets low and it doesnt feed the balls fast enough the bolt will still cycle even when there is no ball in the breech cause its on psp ramp. So for example itll cycle 3 times when theres only 2 balls in the feedback/breech. so sometimes itll chop when a ball barely makes it in while the gun is cycling.

I know some of you guys might say. Turn the manifold screw out to flush or whatever. But Im wondering if its possible to make it work with the manifold screw a few a turns in while maintaining 12.5 without having to set my bypass bps to 6.

Sorry if none of this makes sense. Its kinda hard to explain.

any ideas??

**Update 1/2/2013**
Ok so i just got the 2.0 board. Shot a few reballs seemed fine. now it just wont shoot at all. The bolt doesnt cycle or move at all unless I press the white button on the solenoid. Thats the only time itll cycle. I swapped it with the 1.0 board now and now it still doesnt cycle. even tried new batteries. still wont work.

Last edited by screenname92 : 01-03-2013 at 11:06 AM.
screenname92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2012, 12:26 AM #2
Nic#27
change the equation

Nic#27 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Nic#27 supports DLX Technology
the whole time i was reading this post i could only think something like "what part of your luxe is hitting the crack pipe"

Gearbag sale
dyecam dm14
Nic#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:45 AM #3
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
yeah. its really really really weird. the bypass bps setting idea just makes no sense.but it seems to have fixed the bps problem. but in return giving me another problem. i just got that idea from another thread.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:35 AM #4
carolinaragetc

has been a member for 10 years
carolinaragetc plays in the PSP
carolinaragetc plays in the APPA D3 division
It would be a good idea to set the manifold to flush just til yoy figure out what's wrong. Having too many variables makes it hard to pin point exactly what's wrong.
To me it sounds like your eyes, regardless if they're new. The gun shouldn't cycle w/o a ball in the breach. It sounds like the eyes are defaulting if the bypass bps is affecting the rate of fire with the eyes on.
Are the LED's flashing properly?
carolinaragetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 AM #5
bushhog750

bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If the bolt is still cycling with the eyes on it means the eyes are not working properly. Mine has done this when they were really dirty from breaking paint or when they stopped working one time before. My eyes were still glowing but they were not working. I replaced the eyes with new ones and they worked fine. So in short the eyes can still glow red and not be working.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 PM #6
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushhog750 View Post
If the bolt is still cycling with the eyes on it means the eyes are not working properly. Mine has done this when they were really dirty from breaking paint or when they stopped working one time before. My eyes were still glowing but they were not working. I replaced the eyes with new ones and they worked fine. So in short the eyes can still glow red and not be working.
I used 3 set of brand new eyes (I have an extra, used my friends, and the gun came with new eyes). The bolt cycling problem only happens when the bypass bps is set to 6. if it setting is set back to stock. then the cycling problem doesnt happen. but shoots slower than 12.5
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM #7
carolinaragetc

You said it shoots normal 12.5 with eyes on/off with the manifold flush?
You are aware the manifold screw slows the return bolt speed? Turning it in too far slows the cycle speed. Too far in and you won't shoot 12.5 regardless of what the board is set to.
I don't understand the problem if it shoots fine with the manifold flush. The manifold isn't going to make the board shoot slower regardless of settings.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 PM #8
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaragetc View Post
You said it shoots normal 12.5 with eyes on/off with the manifold flush?
You are aware the manifold screw slows the return bolt speed? Turning it in too far slows the cycle speed. Too far in and you won't shoot 12.5 regardless of what the board is set to.
I don't understand the problem if it shoots fine with the manifold flush. The manifold isn't going to make the board shoot slower regardless of settings.
I know it slows the bolt speed. I can turn the manifold screw all the way in and itll shoot 12.5 with eyes off. but with eyes on it shoots way slower. this is if the bypass bps is at 10.

If the bypass bps is at 6. I can shoot 12.5 eyes on or off even with the manifold screw turned all the way in. But itll give me that cycling problem.

Ill post a video of this problem when I get paint this week.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:22 PM #9
carolinaragetc

Maybe contact DLX then. Faulty board is the only thing I can think of. Bypass BPS doesn't affect the cycle speed if the eyes are on unless they're faulty
Old 12-31-2012, 12:28 PM #10
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
Yeah ill also try my friends 2.0 board to see if it changes anything.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:34 PM #11
carolinaragetc

Try doing a factory reset
Do the LED's light up properly showing ball in/out of the breach and no fault?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 PM #12
DanR
deutsch

Annual Supporting Member
DanR plays in the PSP
DanR is an NCPA player
DanR plays in the APPA D4 division
DanR supports DLX Technology
DanR supports Empire
your settings arent the issue other the the chopping issue

however the reason it shoots slower then 12.5 bps when you have the board set to 12.5 is because you eyes are still reading but they detect a error and slow down to avoid breaking paint my luxe does it occasionally and a very good cleaning of the eyes and where they sit in the eye covers with a clean micro fibre has always remedies this issue for me lmk if this works it may no you do have a odd issue
Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 PM #13
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Try doing a factory reset
Do the LED's light up properly showing ball in/out of the breach and no fault?
all 3 eyes worked 100% fine.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 PM #14
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanR View Post
your settings arent the issue other the the chopping issue

however the reason it shoots slower then 12.5 bps when you have the board set to 12.5 is because you eyes are still reading but they detect a error and slow down to avoid breaking paint my luxe does it occasionally and a very good cleaning of the eyes and where they sit in the eye covers with a clean micro fibre has always remedies this issue for me lmk if this works it may no you do have a odd issue
tried 3 sets of 2.0 eyes 2 are brand new 1 is my friends (used) eyes are working fine. im just waiting on trying a new board. Ill be able to see on wednesday. and might have paint on that day too. so ill post a video of all of this to make things clearer.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 PM #15
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
Ok so i just got the 2.0 board. Shot a few reballs seemed fine. now it just wont shoot at all. The bolt doesnt cycle or move at all unless I press the white button on the solenoid. Thats the only time itll cycle. I swapped it with the 1.0 board now and now it still doesnt cycle. even tried new batteries. still wont work.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:59 PM #16
carolinaragetc

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenname92 View Post
h

Check to make sure tou have the trigger activating the microswitch
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 PM #17
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
h

Check to make sure tou have the trigger activating the microswitch
It is. I spent the last 4 hours swapping boards batterys relubing bolt swappin orings. Cant dissassemble the noidbfully cause the top 2 screws are messed up. I have no clue what else to do. The noid clicks and itll cycle manually.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM #18
carolinaragetc

If the noid clicks but doesn't cycle then something has gone wrong with the solenoid. If it clicks then it sounds like the coil is good, but maybe the spool isn't moving inside. Take it back apart and make sure you got everything right. Solenoids are designed to cycle hundreds of thousands of times without maintenance. It should never be necessary to take it apart
Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 AM #19
OGD#14
O.G.D.

Annual Supporting Member
Is your FT screw out. Ive worked on luxes in the past that had solinoid issues and taking the FT srew out allowed solinoidto clear the debris that were in them and start to work again. But I have also needed to take them apartto clean out the debris if that didnt work. I even foumd one with a pc of stone in it that had carved grooves into the solinoid sides and caused it to fail.
OGD#14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM #20
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
If the noid clicks but doesn't cycle then something has gone wrong with the solenoid. If it clicks then it sounds like the coil is good, but maybe the spool isn't moving inside. Take it back apart and make sure you got everything right. Solenoids are designed to cycle hundreds of thousands of times without maintenance. It should never be necessary to take it apart
The spool is that little thing on the top of the solenoid will all those orings right? Yeah I checked that out. also had another noid that was dead so i swapped the spool from that one and still nothing. I cant take the top 2 screws out. will I need to do that to do more maintenance on it?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 AM #21
screenname92
Randy Marsh

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGD#14 View Post
Is your FT screw out. Ive worked on luxes in the past that had solinoid issues and taking the FT srew out allowed solinoidto clear the debris that were in them and start to work again. But I have also needed to take them apartto clean out the debris if that didnt work. I even foumd one with a pc of stone in it that had carved grooves into the solinoid sides and caused it to fail.
I tried taking the Ft screw out. Still nothing happened. When I click the trigger air only comes out from the gripframe area everytime I click.