I agree, Viper and Pyro put on some of the best

RIP Dog 1

Last edited by mustangjohn : 02-04-2010 at 09:21 PM. Reason: added words
mustangjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2010, 10:41 PM #65
ace0007

I can see the point from national teams or old time players on this matter. Let me say personally I agree, if sponsorship is what you seek. I know in my case, there are many reasons why I wouldn't want a sponsorship. One is I can not commit the time needed to represent the sponsor in which I feel is a reasonable return for them allowing me to use their name/gear as a sponsor. The second is really a personal one of I don't feel like getting locked into just one set of gear/marker/mask etc. I like the freedom to choose what product to use. With that said, I honestly respect every player and sponsor out there.

In the marketing aspect, the sponsor might view to get as many teams out there under the banner to get as much word of mouth possible. Paintball is a big word of mouth selling aspect, where a player tells a friend "hey I like this marker" or "this mask is wonderful". A sponsor also needs to worry about maybe turning away a very good and talented team and getting negative press. If a team of say 15 people turn away from a product because they were snubbed, then that's 15 people, maybe more, that they lose as buyers. I know this is a crappy way to look at it, but it's reality.

I just like to go out there, go as hard as I can all day long, and making as many friends and contacts as I can. I am not into the sponsor thing at all. It doesn't matter if you have top of the line gear, if you do not have the heart,skill,desire, and love for the sport, then having a sponsor really does nothing for you or them.

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 PM #66
prettylou
Por favor nene!

prettylou donated to help Peyton Trent
prettylou is playing at Living Legends III
prettylou is playing at Living Legends V
prettylou supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshields View Post
Just FYI, if you want a better scenario game go to VIPER games!
Do you have terets? WTF
Old 02-05-2010, 01:09 AM #67
Team Predator
predator

Team Predator donated to help Peyton Trent
Team Predator is playing at Living Legends III
Team Predator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
This is an awesome topic! We were approached by atleast five different companies wanting to sponsor us. We filled out the applications and were approved for all of them. When we got the "Sponsorship Pricelist" the prices were higher than i pay wholesale.(i own a store)
The bigger (top equipment) manufacturers set it up whereas any team in my local area, that wants to be sponsored, files their application through me with a list of all needed equipment. I in turn submit it to the company. They work up a price (that allows me to make a few bucks) and i submit it to the team for their approval.The team is then sponsored by me and the manufacturer, thereby giving us both some advertisement. No cost to me and i still make a few bucks. This type of sponsorship does not cut the brick and mortar stores throat. If anything, it adds more business for me. The company has even referred teams to me for sponsorship consideration through them!
In closing, i have to laugh at some of the teams that show alot of sponsors in there profiles. It looks impressive to the average schmuck, but as someone who knows the "Real Deal" ,You are "legends in your own minds".

2008 Battle of the Bulge MVT
2010 Fallout/Wasteland MVT-Fallout/Wasteland MOFO Award
MVT Dark OpsExtreme VIII
Team Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:06 AM #68
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0007 View Post
If a team of say 15 people turn away from a product because they were snubbed, then that's 15 people, maybe more, that they lose as buyers. I know this is a crappy way to look at it, but it's reality.
QFT. And this is the sense of entitlement that the OP was referring to. It has gone from something special if you earn it to something that is expected, and companies run the risk of negative promotion if they don't give the team something.
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:07 AM #69
njhusker
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgr3118 View Post
ok heres question. if you hate scenario players so much then why the heck are you in the Scenario fourms??
Agreed
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Farewell friends...... It was a GREAT ride while it lasted
njhusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 AM #70
njhusker
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy007 View Post
...It entirely depends on your transportation costs. I can order a Halo B right this second online, and have it shipped for $3.99. Gas is $2.40+ per gallon. If I get 25mpg, and the store is 25 miles away, I paid more for round-trip gas than I did for shipping....
But you may have missed the point... If I am going to be at the field / store anyway then I won't run home and order it to save $4...

I only buy while at the field (scenario or local) or on-line.
Fight every battle as if it were your last...either way all your troubles will be over.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:13 AM #71
njhusker
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Predator View Post
This is an awesome topic! We were approached by atleast five different companies wanting to sponsor us. We filled out the applications and were approved for all of them. When we got the "Sponsorship Pricelist" the prices were higher than i pay wholesale.(i own a store)
The bigger (top equipment) manufacturers set it up whereas any team in my local area, that wants to be sponsored, files their application through me with a list of all needed equipment. I in turn submit it to the company. They work up a price (that allows me to make a few bucks) and i submit it to the team for their approval.The team is then sponsored by me and the manufacturer, thereby giving us both some advertisement. No cost to me and i still make a few bucks. This type of sponsorship does not cut the brick and mortar stores throat. If anything, it adds more business for me. The company has even referred teams to me for sponsorship consideration through them!
In closing, i have to laugh at some of the teams that show alot of sponsors in there profiles. It looks impressive to the average schmuck, but as someone who knows the "Real Deal" ,You are "legends in your own minds".
Yo Joe.. good post...
Old 02-05-2010, 08:37 AM #72
Slyd3r.
New York Assassins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Predator View Post
I don't think they are in their sigs for bragging purposes but rather as another way of getting their sponsors names out there.

Personally I think this whole thread is a waste of time. Who cares who sponsors or gives discounts to whoever they want. It is up to these companies to know how to run their own businesses. If there was nothing in it for them, they wouldn't do it. Where is this bar anyway? And who set it?
Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 AM #73
tshields
Mr. MVP, Ask about Me!

tshields donated to help Peyton Trent
tshields is playing at Living Legends III
tshields supports our troops
tshields is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyd3r. View Post
Personally I think this whole thread is a waste of time. Who cares who sponsors or gives discounts to whoever they want. It is up to these companies to know how to run their own businesses. If there was nothing in it for them, they wouldn't do it. Where is this bar anyway? And who set it?
If it's a waste of your time, don't post in it!!!! It also speaks about your character.....

Who said small fish???

I Inspire Fear and Engender Hate........
Deadpool -- "I.M. Terrible brings you another captivating poem on one of PBnation's great trash talkers Mr. Shields"
tshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:08 AM #74
Slyd3r.
New York Assassins

Quote:
If it's a waste of your time, don't post in it!!!! It also speaks about your character.....

Who said small fish???
I'll post wherever and whatever I want. I don't need your permission.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 AM #75
-Waldo-

-Waldo- plays in the PSP
-Waldo- is playing at Living Legends III
-Waldo- is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyd3r. View Post
I'll post wherever and whatever I want. I don't need your permission.
GRRRRR somebodys angry
Old 02-05-2010, 09:19 AM #76
Slyd3r.
New York Assassins

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Waldo- View Post
GRRRRR somebodys angry
Not angry at all. I posted my OPINION. That is what every poster before me has posted. But I don't remember asking anyone if I was allowed to post here. So you can put up all your childish little fish comments but my answer to that is simple.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:29 AM #77
JFBalz
Joint Fury Capt.

Quote:
Just another reason why "Delta Leads the Way"

Because we're INTELLECTUALS in addition to paintballers......

Loving all the responses......
Slow down...
I'll give you the intellectuals, but...

In all seriousness, factory direct and internet sales drove the value of equipment down and killed the neighborhood PB stores. A friend of mine with a store couldn't buy guns from his rep as cheap as the same guns were being sold to the public online... so he folded his tent. I agree the companies have created their own problems (as well as an entitlement class) and in the end, as long as capitalism is the law of the land... companies will fail but will always be replaced by others with a better business plans. As it should happen. No Obail-outs for the PB industry.

Last edited by JFBalz : 02-05-2010 at 09:46 AM.
JFBalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 AM #78
tshields
Mr. MVP, Ask about Me!

tshields donated to help Peyton Trent
tshields is playing at Living Legends III
tshields supports our troops
tshields is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBalz View Post
(where's "scenario gossip" on this one?"
Don't call attention to the Trolls man.....

We don't need nor want them in here.....

I Inspire Fear and Engender Hate........
Deadpool -- "I.M. Terrible brings you another captivating poem on one of PBnation's great trash talkers Mr. Shields"
tshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:41 AM #79
indy007
ND Toy Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by njhusker View Post
But you may have missed the point... If I am going to be at the field / store anyway then I won't run home and order it to save $4...

I only buy while at the field (scenario or local) or on-line.
Not all stores are at fields. What you're talking about is a pro-shop, like a golf-course. Most fields don't even have those. I've played all over this country, and 90% did not. If you want to buy something or get repairs, you go to a vendor's tent at an event.

If you didn't have that pro-shop available, you're going to have to drive, or order on-line like you just said you do...
Old 02-05-2010, 09:45 AM #80
Lowder
Assault & Battery SPT

Lowder owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lowder owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
This is a great topic.

Assault & Battery doesn't have any paintball corporations as sponsors because we really don't want any. As captain, I don't want to have to tell my guys what to wear or what to shoot or what to buy. None of the paintball companies are giving anything away and by sponsoring teams the companies feel that they have locked in buyers. That's not right.

"Sure we'll sponsor you.........pay me!"

The members of our team can use whatever mask, gun, harness, tank, pants.....it doesn't affect the other members games. Be comfortable. Have fun.

Another thing that bothers me is that I don't think alot of the corporate sponsors, and I didn't say all, know who they are really sponsoring. As long as they lock in those dedicated buyers/users they don't seem to give a damn. Some companies will sponsor anybody.

We're not against sponsorships though. We do have sponsors. They help us out monetarily and with equipment, give us a place to play or practice, come through for us in the clutch, etc. Those are the kinds of people and companies who know who you are and what you're about and will be there if you need them.
Ballin since 1992

Proudly Sponsored by: http://www.splatbrothers.com/
Shumate Automotive of Colonial Heights, VA.
Coastal Plains Environmental Group, Bonus Ballz Paintball Shop, South Coast Quality Management
Lowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:13 AM #81
ace0007

Spartan, I personally don't believe that's the way it should be...But it can be a way companies look at it. I have worked in sales for companies that thought as such. Is it moral or right? Most likely not. Even if I was on a team that didn't sponsor some marker per say, I would still give a player my views on it, provided I have used the item before. I would try to be honest and unbiased in doing so, and I would never say don't buy this or that just because they wouldn't sponsor me

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:10 PM #82
LordOderus

Something else to consider is how many players, that aren't on a team, and aren't sponsored by anyone are still walking billboards. How many of us wear jerseys when we play? I bet the brand logo is prominent on there somewhere. Who wears paintball pants? I'm sure the logo is on there as well? How many of us wear T-shirts with our favorite band on them? We all advertise a little every day and don't even realize it. Perhaps as others have stated, the sponsors are looking more for brand loyalty than hot shot teams to draw attention to their product.
LordOderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 PM #83
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 is playing at Living Legends VI
Spartan 03 supports Team VICIOUS
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowder View Post
"Sure we'll sponsor you.........pay me!"
Haha, that puts it into perspective, doesn't it?
If I make you cheat, I win.
WORKS Autococker
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:06 PM #84
lilmatt87

To hell with all this ! All I know is I got the best sponsor in the sport .

Proudly Sponsored by Tuthilltown Spirits. See more @ www.Tuthilltown.com
lilmatt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups