PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-04-2014, 11:06 PM #1
nabisco_12

nabisco_12 is playing at Living Legends VII
best air flow

my biggest thing with my goggles is the air flow, i feel suffocated in my mask... i was wondering if i can retro fit one of those small fans and move it up front by my mouth and increase flow or sightly widen the holes up front ( dont want to do probably cant but wanted to ask)

are there any set ups on mask u feel has better air flow?

any input thanks guys!
nabisco_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2014, 08:25 AM #2
Shire

Annual Supporting Member
Shire plays in the PSP
Shire is an NCPA player
Shire plays in the APPA D5 division
Shire supports Empire
The E-flex has a lot of ventilation and the bottom of the mask has a good amount of distance from your face, so it doesn't feel like your are breathing up against a wall like some masks. Give it a try if you haven't already.

What mask are you using right now?

Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:41 AM #3
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Proflex, VIO and E-Flex have the best breathing/venting in my experience.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:41 AM #4
nabisco_12

Profiler I think
Old 05-05-2014, 09:07 AM #5
ionbrother

I personally own a pair of profits, i4s, flexes, events, and grillz, and breath ability hands down goes to my proflex! The grill would be second, but no where near the same!

MacDev Militia
ionbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:48 PM #6
nabisco_12

thanks guys!
Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 AM #7
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The other masks don't even approach the breathability of the proflex. Not even close.
Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:55 AM #8
Cracker with a gun
- Logan -

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker with a gun supports Cereal Killerz 2
Cracker with a gun is playing at Living Legends VII
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Cracker with a gun owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cracker with a gun plays in the APPA beginner division
Cracker with a gun is Legendary
i feel like since you've been a member for 6 years that you would have learned to check forum and use the search button. Please do so. There are 8 billion threads on this topic.
Cracker with a gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:11 PM #9
nabisco_12

i feel like since how u been a member here u would know people post all the time asking how others rate and review products. being as how new stuff is out all the time i found it necessary to make a thread on a form that was designed for people to interact and ask questions. I find it annoying that trolls like you have nothing better to do with your time by wasting my and others time with your unnecessary post. here i thought another member had some great insight on there personal experience instead of flooding through 8 million threads( that would take a while) i can freely post and get some current insight.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:37 PM #10
Person

So what mask do you have? There are a number of universal fans available for most masks and they will keep you super cool.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:51 PM #11
nabisco_12

i have v force profilers, they r nice but low on the head. i was wondering if i could attach a fan somewhere up front by my mouth to help air flow?
Old 05-06-2014, 02:28 PM #12
RAPER
Matrix Dr

Annual Supporting Member
RAPER is playing at Living Legends VI
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RAPER owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RAPER plays in the APPA D5 division
honestly.. Keep It Simple.. better to find a mask that breaths better and you feel more comfortable with then trying to add and retrofit a fan and all the b.s. that will be needed to operate it. you really dont want a fan around your mouth area anyways, just think of what will happen if you get shot in the mouth area of the mask and how the paint will interact with the fan. seems like a bad idea to me to be honest.

I personally have I4's and i feel they are the best breathing mask out there. the downfall is that they hug your face really tight and I feel there isn't the best jaw protection on those, but I breath better in them and I'm able to talk or yell much better through them as well
RAPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:46 PM #13
nabisco_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPER View Post
honestly.. Keep It Simple.. better to find a mask that breaths better and you feel more comfortable with then trying to add and retrofit a fan and all the b.s. that will be needed to operate it. you really dont want a fan around your mouth area anyways, just think of what will happen if you get shot in the mouth area of the mask and how the paint will interact with the fan. seems like a bad idea to me to be honest.

I personally have I4's and i feel they are the best breathing mask out there. the downfall is that they hug your face really tight and I feel there isn't the best jaw protection on those, but I breath better in them and I'm able to talk or yell much better through them as well
the dye's fit great but i wouldnt want to play in them lol. the thing is they dont let u play a few games in a mask so yea i wish i could try them all but the $ is a factor lol

ty man!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:55 PM #14
Person

Nabisco - there aren't any pre packaged fans that look good for that purpose. Most fans are designed to vent the lens area to prevent fogging.

I have had a few profilers and love them, but like you I feel like I am suffocating in them. After a hard game my profilers are literally dripping in moisture from the condensation of my breath.

I really recommend a JT Proflex. Just make sure you get one with the new style rubber ears. I can almost guarantee that it will solve your problems.

If you want to save some money or want more protection, the Spectra is the same thing but the whole mask is a plastic like material, no flexible lower portion in the front. Same exact design though and extremely comfortable.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:16 PM #15
msnyrk21
GEO 3

msnyrk21 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
msnyrk21 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Flex's or Grill for breath ability. I've gone through most masks since I started playing and these are what I have finally settled on using.
msnyrk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:26 PM #16
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
Hands down the profiles is the most breathable. Ive used and owned (at least a season and a half each) grillz, profilers, events, had a spectra for a while (not that great at all IMHO), and now I've owned a proflex for the last two seasons and won't look back. Like literally compared to half the other high end masks, it feels like there's no bottom portion because it's so breathable. I've never had any fogging issues at all anymore, nothing. They're just plain awesome.

And I really haven't experienced jawbone slap which some say is a downside, it's not really that bad. Probably right around the same amount as a pair of grillz if you get shot in the soft part of the mask on the edges. And yes, I have taken plenty of really close hits to the jaw wearing proflexs, it's not like I'm saying that and the only time I've gotten hit in the jaw is from far away.

Just try them out, see if you like them. If not try the eflex, although to me they seem a little too heavy (proportionate wise, seeing as how it's kinda beefier on the tops and uses the really light proflex bottoms)
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote