PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-04-2014, 06:59 AM #1
italianplaya2k3

italianplaya2k3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
italianplaya2k3 supports Team VICIOUS
big head big Mask

Not ashamed to say it i have a big head,but am also 6'-6". Recently my v-force profiler has finally gone to the greener pastures and I am in the market for a new mask. My local field has the Dye I4's, Empire Events, and occasionally a v-force grillz. I am looking for a mask the provides good coverage of your face as well as reliable/durable lenses. I love the look and feel of the Dye I4's, but most of my jaw lines is left exposed to paintballs. What are some of your recommendations for a mask with great face coverage and good lenses? HK Army KLR, Virtue VIO? Currently I am very disappointed with the quality of lenses that v-force is producing. When I originally purchased the mask the lenses were top notch. Over the years I have seen the quality drop immensely. My anti-fog lenses have had the cure peel off after two uses and the thermal ones have failed after being washed with water. Thanks for the help and recommendations!!!!!
italianplaya2k3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2014, 08:06 AM #2
bigjohn141

bigjohn141 is playing at Living Legends VII
bigjohn141 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigjohn141 posts videos on PbNation
bigjohn141 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm 6'5" with a good sized melon also. I use to wear grillz but recently picked up the VIO. They are very comfortable to me and they have decent coverage. Virtue will be releasing larger bottoms in the future for those who want a little more protection. I would suggest trying some on first because some people don't like the fit.

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:14 AM #3
BurningPlaydoh
Blow-Dough'ed

Annual Supporting Member
BurningPlaydoh has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Proflex, Eflex or maybe the Vio (better when the longer bottoms come out)
Old 08-04-2014, 12:22 PM #4
sobersteve323
Budget Baller

sobersteve323 is attending Decay of Nations VII
sobersteve323 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianplaya2k3 View Post
My anti-fog lenses have had the cure peel off after two uses and the thermal ones have failed after being washed with water. Thanks for the help and recommendations!!!!!
I own a Grill and I just made a post about the thermal lens doing that same thing. I didn't even submerge it, just used wet hands and the thermal layer peeled away from the foam on the bridge of the nose. I emailed GI about it, still waiting to hear back. Apparently one of my buddies went through 3 thermal lenses that GI kept sending him... two of them he didn't even get to use they were already separating.

I'm thinking about picking up an Eflex myself. It's the only other mask besides the Grill that fit my basketball head. The VIO surprisingly provided enough face coverage, but I find the strap is too tight for me. Maybe if they ever came up with a looser strap... lol.
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:42 PM #5
italianplaya2k3

italianplaya2k3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
italianplaya2k3 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobersteve323 View Post
I own a Grill and I just made a post about the thermal lens doing that same thing. I didn't even submerge it, just used wet hands and the thermal layer peeled away from the foam on the bridge of the nose. I emailed GI about it, still waiting to hear back. Apparently one of my buddies went through 3 thermal lenses that GI kept sending him... two of them he didn't even get to use they were already separating.

I'm thinking about picking up an Eflex myself. It's the only other mask besides the Grill that fit my basketball head. The VIO surprisingly provided enough face coverage, but I find the strap is too tight for me. Maybe if they ever came up with a looser strap... lol.
Sobersteve i have had the same problem with my profiler lenses. I am a huge fan of the V-Force mask, but overtime the quality of there lenses has drastically declined. Not sure if they are trying to save money or what. I was going to purchase a set of Grillz,but if the lenses are failing i may just purchase another brand.
italianplaya2k3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:05 AM #6
sobersteve323
Budget Baller

sobersteve323 is attending Decay of Nations VII
sobersteve323 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianplaya2k3 View Post
Sobersteve i have had the same problem with my profiler lenses. I am a huge fan of the V-Force mask, but overtime the quality of there lenses has drastically declined. Not sure if they are trying to save money or what. I was going to purchase a set of Grillz,but if the lenses are failing i may just purchase another brand.
Yeah it's really too bad as I am too. My first mask was a Vforce back in the day and I still really like the Grill just disappointed with the lens. I just grabbed an Eflex as I can't convince myself to keep buying new lenses if it keeps happening from what I've heard.

My wife loves her Vio and same with my friend that had the Grill lens issues (he didn't tell me that was the reason he picked up a new mask!). Like I mentioned the strap was too tight for me but maybe it will fit you even though it's a little pricier. Can't beat Kee or Virtue's customer service either.
sobersteve323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:46 PM #7
Honkie Kong

I got a big dome and love my eflex. I still have my profiler and like it too but you can breathe much better in the eflex and the foam is more plush making it more comfortable. The profiler is lighter than the eflex.

My honest opinion is though that the lenses are a better shape for the profiler and my viewing is less obstructed and more clear. I've had none of the problems you guys mention with my profiler lenses. I use the mirror blue.
Honkie Kong is offline   Reply With Quote