Hey I recently met a few guys that are into scenario ball, and will be playing with them this spring and summer. I have a few years of plumbing experience and have built a spud gun or two in my day so I figured I would take a crack at building a Co2 powered anti tank weapon. I wanted to do it for as cheap as possible. The main part is all down and now I am working on the cosmetics. The whole thing cost me a little under $50 to build.
First, I bought a universal replacement handle for a pressure washer. Rated for something like 1500 psi, so no fear of anything in there breaking. That was a little under $30.
I used a brass reducer that came with the handle to reduce the inlet to 3/16 threading. I added a 3/16 gas line coupling to that at a cost of about $2. This 3/16 coupling has a compression fitting on the end. With that removed, the threads fit perfectly into an ASA from a tippman that I got at a pro shop for $5. A little lock tight was used on all the threads. The lock tight was about $3 as well.
The barrel is a 3inch piece of schedule40 pvc. This is just about 2 feet long and cost me $.29 at the hardware store I bought everything at. This goes into a reducer down to 2 inch. The reducer was about $4. The reducer threads onto a second reducer that reduces to 1/2 into which I threaded a 1/2 steel nipple, which threaded into the pressure washer handle outlet. The reducer and nipple were about $5
The cosmetic body of the launcher is made of schedule 10 pvc (also known as solid pipe) I had a ton of this laying around, but a 10ft piece is about $7. The blast shield is made of foam board and sheet plastic. I had this laying around from a halloween costume I made. This would cost about $5 to buy.
The ammo I am using is knock off nerf rockets bought at walmart for $3 each.
I am going to hook a remote line to the ASA and hide the tank in the back part of the launcher.
I'm getting a little over 70 feet off of it now when fired with a slight arc. I plan of spraying the inside of the barrel with PAM or some other non stick cooking spray the night before I play to reduce friction and add to the seal of the rocket.
I should my friend point blank with it when testing it (his idea) and he said it didn't hurt but had a decent amount of force behind it.
So that's it. I have a few pictures here of the rocket launcher in the first steps of its cosmetic work. I didn't think of taking pics of the launchers "guts" but you get the idea looking at it. I will also add a picture of a panzerschreck , which my launcher is based on.
I got 12 or 13 shots off a full 9oz tank. I had a slight leak at the time (hence the lock tight) so I think I should get about 14 to 15 shots now.
Questions, comments and criticisms welcome!