Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-12-2003, 02:42 PM #1
ImNewToothiss

has been a member for 10 years
Omen ands its train wreck customers

Omen, some would say is a tight *** gun, it is "SOME TIMES"

Due to the fact that the omen is still new, it still has lots of bugs,

For example, its one unreliable bastard, goes threw bumpers fast, etc. etc.

i give it a year or 2 before those things get fix cuz omens are cool and all but they aint worth the $450 if it doesnt work right, just go get a 2k3 cocker or an impulse (used not new) or save up for a matrix
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2003, 02:45 PM #2
ShortStroke
*925* Word.

I'd already have one if it weren't for the cam feed. Halo B and break beam eyes on a vertical feed is the way to go. The cam feed was the only reason any paint chopped yesterday, it smooshed my team colors paint :/

My Feedback
Old 10-12-2003, 03:47 PM #3
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

You contradict yourself in your post. You say the Omen is unreliable then you say to save up for a Matrix.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 10-12-2003, 03:49 PM #4
ShortStroke
*925* Word.

How are Trixes unreliable? As long as you grease it up before you hit the field it'll work flawless.

My Feedback
Old 10-12-2003, 05:34 PM #5
Trance.Evil
hide your girlfriend

Ya its got bugs but if you don't get a lemon they will rip really well, out of the box, better than or comparable to anything in there market. For the causal rec baller or social team player, not looking to dominate or really come up then this gun is perfect. Even though I already bought mine, in hind sight I probably would have bought something else for a while until the bugs were calmed down.

Winners don't try, winner's get the job done then go home and f*** the prom queen

My Feedback
Old 10-12-2003, 05:53 PM #6
beastly115
welcome to the pros *****

You're kidding me, right?

The Matrix is a gas hog, has tons of o-rings, and is a pretty high maintenance marker.

I wouldn't get one unless you plan on using your backup marker alot.

You're better up saving for a Viking instead.

B2k3 w/ PDS (lots of upgrades)
Omen

"Originally posted by hexum
The only black people ive seen were part of a church group, they were talking about busting caps in peoples *****, they held the procarbines with one hand, sideways "
Old 10-12-2003, 05:56 PM #7
sethga
Anti-Smart Parts

Thumbs up .....

Yea, if your a retard that thinks putting lube on the bolt (which takes like 1-2 minutes) every 4000 shots is high maintanance.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:01 PM #8
Huge

Huge is a Supporting Member
Omen's are a solid design now, not in the future but now. Any issues that you have with it are totally addressable. My omen rips and I love it. I play at least once a week and I've had a few issues pop up here and there, but everything has been easily addressable. I've never had to ship my omen in, but I have had some parts shipped to me, sometimes overnight. God bless those monkeys at Evil.

My friend has an omen as well, he liked mine and purchased one for himself. He's a bit of a rich kid though and this was his second gun, the guy didn't have a clue what to do really. So it was chopping like mad, and inaccurate as hell. A lot of omen owners are somewhat new to the sport, and as such when they have issues they don't know how to fix them... He was the same way. Well with my supervision and help we machined the bolt down since he let it swell, polished the internals, straightened the back block, replaced the hammer plate, serviced the reg, and finally tuned it. Yah he had problems with all of those parts, mostly from misuse. His gun hums now, no chops and nothing but straight darts. So if you're having issues with the omen its not cause its a bad gun, its prolly cause you don't know what you're doing.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:13 PM #9
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ShortStroke
I'd already have one if it weren't for the cam feed. Halo B and break beam eyes on a vertical feed is the way to go. The cam feed was the only reason any paint chopped yesterday, it smooshed my team colors paint :/

I have to ask....why do you not like the CAM feed...it's a gift from the gods.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:21 PM #10
ShortStroke
*925* Word.

Like I said, it was chopping up the TC and I don't know why, it worked great with 3 other kinds of paints. I just don't like the whole off balance to the left thing, and the little bumpers break.

It's not really a big deal, I guess I'm complaining about it a little much. What really pissed me off though was when it chopped right before I went to bunker somebody, the balls were flying out the barrel at some odd angles. So I ended up not hitting him and he hit me. That's all. Didn't have time to squeegee cause it was down in a 1 on 1 at the end of a game.

PS: Are you ever on AIM much?

My Feedback
Old 10-13-2003, 08:20 AM #11
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
Every Once in a while at nights....I find time to be on the boards once a day, and on AIM fewer. But usually on the nights. AIM: Spartan 2X

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.