turtlec56

T9 or TM-7

Having trouble deciding which to buy.....any help....thx
turtlec56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2010, 11:26 AM #2
de-evoproject

problem with this question is you are talking about 2 completely different guns that should be used for 2 completely different type of roles. Give us a little more about your play style, technical aptitude and wants. For example, are you a run and gun player that needs high rates of fire or do like to sneak and creep and need accuracy over volume?

How much does marker weight affect you?

Are you better at working on technical mechanical markers with lots of parts or electros with wiring and boards?

Do you really want/need a marker that converts from pistol-subgun-rifle or is a machine pistol/stocked subgun do the trick?

Do you drag your marker through the mud and over rocks and need the metal construction or do you baby it and will be ok with lighter weight plastic?

What does the appearance matter to you?

It may help to know that the TM7 is basically an Invert Mini packed into a MP-7 style body and the Tiberius Arms T9 is sort of like an older Mag or other mechanical marker. You are going to get an electro rate of fire and be dealing with a more speedball gun type performance and maintenance with the TM7 where the T9 is slower ROF, heavier construction and more similar (NOTE: I said "more similar" not "the same as") a Tippmann or Cocker or Mag in terms of maintenance and performance (though in actuality the T9 is probably much more accurate than a Tippy or Mag, and MUCH more accurate than ALL of them with a First Strike upgrade and uses a different internals set up than any of them .)

Tell us more about what you want and we can probably point you more in the right direction.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:46 AM #3
melkson
Raptor Guru

^^^^
well said.
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:29 PM #4
OneShotSniper

I have to agree with de-evoproject
98 Custom Bolt Action L96 [Coming Soon]
98 Custom Nerf Longshot [Coming Soon]
TPX#0000124 (w/ 6 mags)
SA-8

eBayFeedback//PbNation Feedback
OneShotSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:20 PM #5
de-evoproject

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShotSniper View Post
I have to agree with de-evoproject

Thanks for the back up. After playing the game for going on 15 years now, i've been through this type of "should i get marker A or marker B" question more times than i can count. I've also watched too many "gurus" recommend "A" over "B" without knowing anything about the player because that is the marker THEY like and that fits THEM.

Its like watching a guy going into a business interview ask an anarchist punk rocker what to wear to impress somebody.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:37 PM #6
Aerophyre

has been a member for 10 years
De-evo laid it down pretty well, but for the ADHD members of the forum (read: all of you) Ill lay down short list of pros and cons for you:

TM-7 ............................T-9

Pros:.............................Pros:

fast ROF.........................extremely modular
light ..............................hopper or mag fed
small..............................first strike available
lots of mods....................easy to maintain

Cons:.............................Cons:

complicated.....................modest ROF
electronic........................no performance mods
lots of plastic...................limited magazine capacity
hopper fed only................requires remote line or 12gs
expensive

In the end your playing style should determine your gun. The T-9 when loaded with first strike is the only paintball gun that can genuinely call itself a sniper rifle, so if more accuracy at the cost of significantly reduced ammo is appealing to you then go for the t9. If run & gun commando style play is your deal then go with the tm-7. One thing I will say is that the tm-7 can fill a wider variety of roles than a t-9 can. You could actually play a decent game of speedball with a tm-7... not so much with a t-9.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM #7
de-evoproject

areophyre i like what you laid out but have to respectfully disagree on a few points.

1) Tm7=Complicated- "Complicated" is a matter of opinion here. To an electro-guy the large number of small parts in a T9 could be VERY complicated. To a guy who runs Mags and Cockers the same might apply to the TM7. The question is which is the OP?

2) Electronic= Con- Similar to the first, you can't really say electronic is a "con". Again it depends on how the guy using it views it. Mech guy who plays rainy days, drags it through a river, or just plain hates batteries might agree. But a former tourney guy might see the benefit.

3) T9=Requires a remote line or 12 grams- Not so since Lapco came out with the bottom bottle adapter (duckbill ASA)

4)T9= Easy to maintain- Again depends on what the OP is more comfortable, experienced and trained to do.

5) TM7= more roles- Just listing what I, personally think each is best for i can see either as being able to do many more or less "roles" in my head than the other, just DIFFERENT roles.

REALLY not trying to flame anybody, just pointing out what you see as a "CON" may fall under somebody elses "PRO" list. All goes back to what does the OP want from their marker.

But a pretty decent list of some of the features of each otherwise.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 PM #8
turtlec56

This is great and I really appreciate all this info.....basically what I'm looking for is the better of the two in reliability and accuracy....I want to go to the field and get as much playing time as I can with out having to break down the marker and clean in between Scenarios....I own 3 A-5's right now and I'm basically wanting to upgrade to a better all around marker....As of now I'm leaning toward the T-9....But there is definitely more reviews on the TM-7 than on the T-9 So I figured I would just ask...... Thanks Again.....
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 PM #9
GenesisFactor
Fear the Engineer

what do you mean "OR"...you get BOTH!

no but really, it is all about your style of play. If you like the reliablity of mechanical (no need for changing batteries), and play tactic (no spray and pray) T9 is for you. If you want a verstile gun (pistol/cqb/big mudda), the T9 is for you. IF you want first strike/sniper, T9 is for you. If you want an invert mini in a body kit (and this is NOT a knock), or are a speedballer going into woodsball, or want something that is just small and light, get the TM-7. I have only played with the TM-7. but i own 2 T9's and i use them more than my SP8 (pre TM-7, but same body kit on a speedball gun philosophy). its more fun to shoot.

Or do what i will be doing and get both .

and the T9, remote adapter and qload/hopper it. seriously, the real difference is First Strike/Vestitility vs Electric. your pick from there

I my gear changes as my needs do. Right now, i'm redoing my Tactical Paintball gear.

Play at Island Paintball Arena, Buy at Island Paintball Supplies!!!
GenesisFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 PM #10
Aerophyre

No flame taken, my main goal was to try to get across that, IN GENERAL, an electro will take more tuning/maintinence and be less durable/reliable than a pure mech. Im not saying that electros break a lot, but you cant expect to play with them, throw them in a closet, and pull them out in a few weeks expecting them to work very well. A mech is much more tolerant to something like that.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:33 PM #11
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerophyre View Post
Im not saying that electros break a lot, but you cant expect to play with them, throw them in a closet, and pull them out in a few weeks expecting them to work very well.
Depends on the electro actually. My Viking for example. I've NEVER taken it fully apart and it's going on 6 years old. Heck, went 2 years with out having to adjust the velocity. About the only maintenance it gets is to pull the bolt, run a swab through the top tube, and give it a few squirts of oil.

And mechs aren't always rock solid reliable. My AT85 often needs quite a bit of fiddling to make it happy. And one or two parts are guaranteed to wear out every season of play.

These two could be considered exceptions to the norm, but important to consider before making blanket statements.
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:41 PM #12
de-evoproject

Lots of good info all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlec56 View Post
This is great and I really appreciate all this info.....basically what I'm looking for is the better of the two in reliability and accuracy....I want to go to the field and get as much playing time as I can with out having to break down the marker and clean in between Scenarios....I own 3 A-5's right now and I'm basically wanting to upgrade to a better all around marker....As of now I'm leaning toward the T-9....But there is definitely more reviews on the TM-7 than on the T-9 So I figured I would just ask...... Thanks Again.....
Based on what you are saying here^ i think you will appreciate a T9 more because of the truly phenomenal accuracy with First Strike, a slightly more reliable in all conditions valve and action design, and durability that comes with the mostly metal construction.

Let us know what choice you go with and happy hunting.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM #13
Aerophyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
Depends on the electro actually. My Viking for example. I've NEVER taken it fully apart and it's going on 6 years old. Heck, went 2 years with out having to adjust the velocity. About the only maintenance it gets is to pull the bolt, run a swab through the top tube, and give it a few squirts of oil.

And mechs aren't always rock solid reliable. My AT85 often needs quite a bit of fiddling to make it happy. And one or two parts are guaranteed to wear out every season of play.

These two could be considered exceptions to the norm, but important to consider before making blanket statements.
LOL I was going to mention at-85 as the mech that whines like an electro. I had one years ago and I had to get rid of it cause of the reliability issues.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:43 PM #14
melkson
Raptor Guru

I love at-85, but you better bring a backup. when they go 'down' they don't need a 5 minute fix. they are an exotic, and touchy. DAMN nice markers tho.

Now, where is the RT Tib kit? They need to make one!
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:52 PM #15
turtlec56

Well after deciding on this for a couple of weeks and all the great info.....I decided to Buy the TM-7 found a good deal on Craigslist.....And Ordered The SA-8 for 99.99 and T9 Ranger ST is also on the way......Figured I would have all my bases covered....Thanks again for all the help...
Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 AM #16
OneShotSniper

Haha when in doubt, just get 'em all. Good luck with your new markers.
98 Custom Bolt Action L96 [Coming Soon]
98 Custom Nerf Longshot [Coming Soon]
TPX#0000124 (w/ 6 mags)
SA-8

eBayFeedback//PbNation Feedback
OneShotSniper is offline   Reply With Quote