Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-07-2013, 03:27 PM #1
mad1111

mad1111 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mad1111 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ASG This Saturday (10/12)

Just putting it out there that I'll be going to ASG this Saturday with Mountain View Paintball Shop.

Anyone ever gone there with this group?
mad1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2013, 05:58 PM #2
JMH714
Came out of Retirement

I don't know if I have ever play with Mountain View Paintball employees. I have been to ASG twice and both of times I went with walk-on. I might have played with them, who knows.

I planned to go ASG next weekend (10/19), just letting you know.
JMH714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:05 PM #3
mad1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH714 View Post
I don't know if I have ever play with Mountain View Paintball employees. I have been to ASG twice and both of times I went with walk-on. I might have played with them, who knows.

I planned to go ASG next weekend (10/19), just letting you know.
They hold a private group there almost every saturday (more so now, since it's cooling down).

You ever play at SC Village? If so, which field do you prefer?

This will be my 2nd time playing (1st time was @ SC Village with a group of friends), so just looking for as much info as possible since I'll be going solo this time.

I'll see if I can make it out on the 19th!

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:10 PM #4
JMH714
Came out of Retirement

I prefer the old Sat Cong Village fields - but that's over 20 years ago.

I did play SC Village twice last June and July. I like very small Speedball (the field just south of Afghanistan). It is real fast action. It's fun.

So far I have played since my return to paintball: 4 times.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:34 PM #5
DoubleAgentX44

DoubleAgentX44 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I have played with the MVP private group many times and they are a great group to play with. No drama and treats each other with respect especially the young kids. Also, they have a gun tech who will fix your gun for free if it breaks. So having your gun breaking down on you will be the last thing in your mind. You can also buy paint from them if you run out for a reasonable price. They also provide drinks and snacks. They have hosted my son's paintball party twice and everyone had a great time. In regards to ASG, I think their refs are some of the best out there. They look after the kids, beginners, and they will check a player for hits everytime they see it or if someone ask for it. In short, they are not lazy. Have fun and enjoy the game.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:34 PM #6
mad1111

Quote:
I prefer the old Sat Cong Village fields - but that's over 20 years ago.

I did play SC Village twice last June and July. I like very small Speedball (the field just south of Afghanistan). It is real fast action. It's fun.

So far I have played since my return to paintball: 4 times.
How long were you out for? And I've yet to play any speedball...but wouldn't mind trying it as it looks awesome to play!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAgentX44 View Post
I have played with the MVP private group many times and they are a great group to play with. No drama and treats each other with respect especially the young kids. Also, they have a gun tech who will fix your gun for free if it breaks. So having your gun breaking down on you will be the last thing in your mind. You can also buy paint from them if you run out for a reasonable price. They also provide drinks and snacks. They have hosted my son's paintball party twice and everyone had a great time. In regards to ASG, I think their refs are some of the best out there. They look after the kids, beginners, and they will check a player for hits everytime they see it or if someone ask for it. In short, they are not lazy. Have fun and enjoy the game.
I've been to the shop numerous times...the guys their are always helpful and friendly. I've been wanting to go on a Saturday for a few weeks now, but just recently got all my gear so really looking forward to it. Considering I'm new to all this, what you said is pretty reassuring. You gonna be there this Saturday?

Anything I should know or do when I go on Saturday? Any tips?
Old 10-08-2013, 12:30 AM #7
Ronaldonova

Well first thing first don't expect a big crowd on Saturday, even with their group, 10, maybe 15 at max for scenario ball, second, fields are different than SC since SC has woodsball and different terrains to play in, ASG I haven't played the scenario but it's out in mostly dirt but I'm sure it'd still be fun to play in, the staff there is great, they'll look out for your safety and want you to have as much fun as possible
Ronaldonova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:58 PM #8
JMH714
Came out of Retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad1111 View Post
How long were you out for?
23 years. lol. My first paintball match was in 1986 when I was still in high school. I have played over 100 games between 1988 to 1990 before I decided to retired for few reasons - money, changing hobby (scuba diving), and few other things.

My work had a fun weekend which is paintball at SC Village last June. When co-workers learned that I used to play paintball and they started to bugging me to join with them. I have been resisting till I caved in. I showed up and played few rounds and realized how much I missed the fun, so I decided to play once or twice a month - not like I played once or twice a week in 1988-1990. So, here I am.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 PM #9
Dfine01

I'll be there this Saturday!
Dfine01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:00 PM #10
mad1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldonova View Post
Well first thing first don't expect a big crowd on Saturday, even with their group, 10, maybe 15 at max for scenario ball, second, fields are different than SC since SC has woodsball and different terrains to play in, ASG I haven't played the scenario but it's out in mostly dirt but I'm sure it'd still be fun to play in, the staff there is great, they'll look out for your safety and want you to have as much fun as possible
Wow...was expecting like 30 at least. But good to know that it doesn't get too packed (I guess). Yea I really like the different fields at SC, but always up to trying something new. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
23 years. lol. My first paintball match was in 1986 when I was still in high school. I have played over 100 games between 1988 to 1990 before I decided to retired for few reasons - money, changing hobby (scuba diving), and few other things.

My work had a fun weekend which is paintball at SC Village last June. When co-workers learned that I used to play paintball and they started to bugging me to join with them. I have been resisting till I caved in. I showed up and played few rounds and realized how much I missed the fun, so I decided to play once or twice a month - not like I played once or twice a week in 1988-1990. So, here I am.
Man! I thought you were going to say you were out for like 3 or 4 years...haha No kidding about "retired". But glad you came back to the sport! Hope to meet up on the field sometime and go a few rounds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfine01 View Post
I'll be there this Saturday!
Sweet...you gonna be apart of the MVP group, or you just going solo? Either way, hit me up on Saturday. It'd be cool to meet a few players from the forums. 909.268.5195 <David
Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 PM #11
Dfine01

i didn't know about the group, ill be there with a buddy as walk-ons, i don't know if we can join in on the group, we are hoping to be able to jump in on some airball and embarrass ourselves haha.
hit me up 310.880.8240 Daniel
Old 10-08-2013, 11:41 PM #12
mad1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfine01 View Post
i didn't know about the group, ill be there with a buddy as walk-ons, i don't know if we can join in on the group, we are hoping to be able to jump in on some airball and embarrass ourselves haha.
hit me up 310.880.8240 Daniel
So you guys both beginners? This will be only my second time playing. First time playing with this group, but from what I understand, anyone is welcomed to join. Just when you go, instead of paying the field, you give your money to the MVP trailer.

It's $45 for Entry, Air, & Rentals/ $35 for Entry & Air. They provide snacks, water, & Gatorade. And a guntech (free service from what I hear). I'll be at the field around 8am...Let me know if you wanna roll with the group.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:23 AM #13
Dfine01

Well we will be beginners to this field, but we have both been playing on and off for awhile
Old 10-09-2013, 03:37 PM #14
JMH714
Came out of Retirement

Hold on, what do you mean by "airball"? The airsoft game with plastic pellets, correct? There are two fields at ASG that separated between paintball field and airsoft field. When you enter ASG from the street, you take a right turn that lead to airsoft field.

I believe we are talking about paintball in here - I hope...
Old 10-09-2013, 04:35 PM #15
Dfine01

Sorry yeah, I mean speedball
Old 10-10-2013, 10:46 PM #16
phant0m0

Annual Supporting Member
phant0m0 is BST Trusted
phant0m0 plays in the PSP
phant0m0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
phant0m0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
phant0m0 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The MVP private groups are in effect the best for ASG recball hands down. They provide water and snacks, They have a gun tech, You don't have to worry about where to go/be or who to follow you just stay with the private group.

To join the MVP group go to their PE tent and say "I would like to sign up". Done. stick with them all day.

I am thinking of going out with them this weekend 10/12.
phant0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:53 PM #17
mad1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant0m0 View Post
The MVP private groups are in effect the best for ASG recball hands down. They provide water and snacks, They have a gun tech, You don't have to worry about where to go/be or who to follow you just stay with the private group.

To join the MVP group go to their PE tent and say "I would like to sign up". Done. stick with them all day.

Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll definitely be out this weekend...hope to meet some players that'll help me really get into the sport, teach me a few things/show me the ropes! See you out there Saturday...
Old 10-11-2013, 12:03 AM #18
Dfine01

Quote:
Originally Posted by phant0m0 View Post

Great info! will definitely look into this when I get there
Old 10-11-2013, 08:41 AM #19
rorhound

We'll be there with the MV group tomorrow. Have a group of 10 total, 8 noobs and two experianced. MV is a great group to play with. I haven't played in about a year and never at ASG so I'm looking forward to it. Played with MV at SC several times with a ton of players. Like the smaller groups better.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:30 AM #20
mad1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorhound View Post
We'll be there with the MV group tomorrow. Have a group of 10 total, 8 noobs and two experianced. MV is a great group to play with. I haven't played in about a year and never at ASG so I'm looking forward to it. Played with MV at SC several times with a ton of players. Like the smaller groups better.
SWEET! Good to know I'm not gonna be the only noob there! haha
Really looking forward to tomorrow ...just gotta get through the work day today
Old 10-11-2013, 02:01 PM #21
JMH714
Came out of Retirement

I'm not sure if I have a plan tomorrow... If I can't show up tomorrow then I will be there at ASG next weekend for sure. I'll let you know tonight if I can make it tomorrow or not.
ReplyRegional Ups