Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-31-2010, 06:41 PM #43
nevekd128

=] your probably right, but im just not gonna try.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2010, 02:02 PM #44
BadRabbit
I came to bring the pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevekd128 View Post
.... i still dont really believe it but whatever
You can't do this with mini's and mechanical blow backs, as well as BT's electronic markers but with others you can, you can even shoot it without pushing against the bolt and it wont hurt. The bolt has to pass far enough to reach another air port to complete the cycle anyway.
BadRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 PM #45
RonaldCrb

first of all

take apart every single piece of your gun, you cant leave 2 pieces together... then clean and relube everything... use loctite 242 in fix threads (macro fittings, little mini black lpr body screw (not the adjustment screw), feedneck) NEVER USE TEFLON TAPE... use a good amount of DOW33 (dye grease, Sl33k Lube) in HPR and LPR pistons, shims etc as well as solenoid piston and gasket... it should have a white look, remember when you reasemble your gun, put Reg adjustment screws back where they were before...

after checking that the gun has no leaks proceed to tune your gun

1.-bump your dwell up to 20-22... (sometimes it is better to start at a dwell of 25, anyways youll lower it later)

set your hpr pressure until you get velocity at 300 fps (if your field velocity is 260, then use 260 fps as your tunning velocity, always use the lower desired velocity, but youll get better results using 300 fps...)

then start lowering your LPR one quarter of turn at a time, each time you make an adjustment, shoot 3 times, then check consistency... when you get an inconsistency of +/-8 or more, up your lpr a quarter of turn...

then RE-TUne your dwell, start lowering your dwell 1 ms at a time, each time you lower 1 ms, try 10 shot series to check consistency, if consistency is better than +/-8 continue lowering the dwell until you get inconsistent... then back off 1 ms of dwell again...

i recomend to underbore and using the heavier paintballs you can find (usually DXS and severe cyclone)... this is to set the LPR as low as possible without getting inconsistent...

turning your lpr down, will give you a softer, quieter shot and will save you a bit of air... like i said before... the dwell in matrix guns do have a very very very small amount of effect on eficiency, but yout battery will last less than before (not a big deal considering the benefits you recieve)
Old 11-10-2010, 05:07 PM #46
tauruspt2

tauruspt2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tauruspt2 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldCrb View Post
first of all

take apart every single piece of your gun, you cant leave 2 pieces together... then clean and relube everything... use loctite 242 in fix threads (macro fittings, little mini black lpr body screw (not the adjustment screw), feedneck) NEVER USE TEFLON TAPE... use a good amount of DOW33 (dye grease, Sl33k Lube) in HPR and LPR pistons, shims etc as well as solenoid piston and gasket... it should have a white look, remember when you reasemble your gun, put Reg adjustment screws back where they were before...

after checking that the gun has no leaks proceed to tune your gun

1.-bump your dwell up to 20-22... (sometimes it is better to start at a dwell of 25, anyways youll lower it later)

set your hpr pressure until you get velocity at 300 fps (if your field velocity is 260, then use 260 fps as your tunning velocity, always use the lower desired velocity, but youll get better results using 300 fps...)

then start lowering your LPR one quarter of turn at a time, each time you make an adjustment, shoot 3 times, then check consistency... when you get an inconsistency of +/-8 or more, up your lpr a quarter of turn...

then RE-TUne your dwell, start lowering your dwell 1 ms at a time, each time you lower 1 ms, try 10 shot series to check consistency, if consistency is better than +/-8 continue lowering the dwell until you get inconsistent... then back off 1 ms of dwell again...

i recomend to underbore and using the heavier paintballs you can find (usually DXS and severe cyclone)... this is to set the LPR as low as possible without getting inconsistent...

turning your lpr down, will give you a softer, quieter shot and will save you a bit of air... like i said before... the dwell in matrix guns do have a very very very small amount of effect on eficiency, but yout battery will last less than before (not a big deal considering the benefits you recieve)
I put the wrong loctite in the wrong places. Accidently on my orings. What do I do?
tauruspt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:11 PM #47
ehos

ehos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It's irrelevant how many turns out the LPR is. You don't have to know the exact #.

That's why the o ring gets messed up, because the manual says 'turn it in all the way'. The best way to set your LPR is to turn it in well before resistance, the bolt will go forward. Then turn it out until the bolt goes back.

After that use the chrony and gun feel to set how it shoots. Who cares if it's 2.4 or 3.2 turns out? The gun will tell you where it should be set.
ehos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:14 PM #48
zakk187

zakk187 plays in the PSP
zakk187 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
zakk187 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
zakk187 supports DLX Technology
great post dont hesitate to post more like it
zakk187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:10 PM #49
rEcKBallEr

rEcKBallEr owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
so many words. jk nice post
rEcKBallEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:28 PM #50
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerOxShadows View Post
Great info. I would also like to see what some of the Dye reps say about this.

I was told by my Dye Tech to put my finger down the feedneck into the breach, apply some pressure on the bolt face, fire it, and adjust the LPR so that the bolt doesn't shoot too hard nor too soft. It's kinda hard to explain where the sweet spot is but this allows me to fine tune my LPR without having to go to zero.

There was a guy on my old team who knew everything about anything in paintball. one day he tuned my dm5 using this method, it shot soo well.

and to the guy that said you could lose a finger...
matrixs, intimidators, most high end guns you can put your finger in the breach and shoot, it doesnt hurt.

now dont do this with a co2 rental and yes, you could have some serious issues. lol
da oreo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:29 PM #51
da oreo
JUST DYE

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
oh and sweet post, solves alot of major issues.
da oreo is online now   Reply With Quote