PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-01-2010, 05:20 PM #22
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
Is that one entity a sentient deity? Or is it simply a divine truth which governs and includes all of existence? Or maybe it's a divine truth that transcends existence?

The first would be a form of Pandeism. The second would be Pantheism. The third would be Panentheism.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:24 PM #23
Later Gator

hmm, im going to read about all of them. probably pull a few ideas from each and keep exploring.
Later Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:05 AM #24
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
Is that one entity a sentient deity? Or is it simply a divine truth which governs and includes all of existence? Or maybe it's a divine truth that transcends existence?

The first would be a form of Pandeism. The second would be Pantheism. The third would be Panentheism.
I've never heard of the first one. The other two have intrigued me greatly recently.

This "divine truth which governs and includes all existence," is it one great truth that is true in everything, or is it all truth combined to form ultimate truth? Or is it up to the individual?

And by "a divine truth that transcends existence," I posit the same questions. Also, is this truth attainable by man? Or either of them, really?
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:45 AM #25
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
The truth in both cases simply "is", regardless of man or the individual. God in those cases in a sense is existence and all laws which govern existence. The difference in Panentheism is that this divine truth is synonymous with existence, but also transcends it. I've never been able to wrap my head around that one, which is probably why I remain a Pantheist.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:58 AM #26
Later Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbeak2099 View Post
The truth in both cases simply "is", regardless of man or the individual. God in those cases in a sense is existence and all laws which govern existence. The difference in Panentheism is that this divine truth is synonymous with existence, but also transcends it. I've never been able to wrap my head around that one, which is probably why I remain a Pantheist.
transcends into what?

^ is that even the right question to ask?
Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 AM #27
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Later Gator View Post
transcends into what?

^ is that even the right question to ask?
It means that it goes beyond anything humans could ever comprehend.

So yes, your question didn't make any sense.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:49 AM #28
Later Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη View Post
It means that it goes beyond anything humans could ever comprehend.

So yes, your question didn't make any sense.
ah, alright. well i'm going to have to disagree. i believe that all the answers are within us. Maybe we just don't have enough time to figure it all out. Or maybe it's something so simple that we can't accept it as truth.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 AM #29
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

Quote:
Originally Posted by Later Gator View Post
ah, alright. well i'm going to have to disagree. i believe that all the answers are within us. Maybe we just don't have enough time to figure it all out. Or maybe it's something so simple that we can't accept it as truth.
Well, in that case, truth transcends reason and can only be found outside of reason. It's part of transcendentalism, which is the counterpart of deism.