Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2010, 04:46 PM #1
Kite09
Youngstown Gambit

Kite09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HELP Me Plaese

Alright, so I got an NME off of someone who said it worked. Well I took it to a shop to get it tested and everything and it doesn't fire. The noid clicks and it doesn't leak, but when he pulled the trigger nothing happened. Can someone please help me.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Make Paintball Part of the X Games
http://www.petitiononline.com/pb123/
Put this in your sig if you support.
Kite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2010, 04:54 PM #2
Nemo128

Nemo128 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Check the trigger switch? Maybe a board problem?

I'm assuming you meant the noid clicks when you press the red button on it.
Nemo128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:58 PM #3
Kite09
Youngstown Gambit

Actually the noid clicks when the trigger is pulled. And I don't know about the board. I don't remember my settings, but I think my dwell was at 3 if that helps.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Old 03-18-2010, 05:04 PM #4
Hellbentexan
Vicious49 Fan Club #??

Hellbentexan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Well I dont know how far you have got with troubleshooting it by what you have posted. I would start here...Have you tried to dry fire it? Turn it on, and then hold down the pwr button for a sec and release. You should be able to dry fire it. There are many settings on the board that would not allow you to fire it. Take a look at the manual and let us know what settings it has right now.
Hellbentexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:07 PM #5
Kite09
Youngstown Gambit

Yea we tried that. The guy at the shop was like "oh great an nme". He hates working on these things, but tried dry firing it and the bolt never moved. The solenoid clicks on a trigger pull but nothing else does. Maybe thats a better way to word it.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:55 PM #6
Hellbentexan
Vicious49 Fan Club #??

Hellbentexan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Troubleshooting can be difficult in the forums, for one you dont know what someones skill level is and may offend them, second, you have to try and put it in a way someone else can understand you. So here goes my attempt.

1. Is this an NME or NME LE?

2. Does the LPR gauge on the side of the front block reads approx 60-100 PSI. Bottom reg has at least one to three threads exposed.

3. Turn everything on(Board and Air). Can you move the bolt freely or is the air keeping it locked in place? If you can move the bolt freely then you may have a ram sleeve/solenoid issue.

4. If not, where is the bolt positioned all the way forward, or all the way back? It should be all the way back.

5. If the bolt is locked to the rear and doesnt move freely back and forth. I would Venture to say that your solenoid is good. I would start looking at your board next. I would reset the board to the default factory settings. This can be found in the manual in the forums.

Good Luck. Let me know what you come up with.
Hellbentexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:47 PM #7
Kite09
Youngstown Gambit

Alright, thanks for the advice. And don't worry about offending me lol i'm quite laid back and don;t take offense to anything really. But the bolt does move freely when it is aired up.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:31 AM #8
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, sounds silly but check your lpr and hpr regs. Make sure that it as Hellbentexan mentioned to make sure that air is going through the gun.
Check the LPR gauge and look at the HPR reg screw. I'm hoping it is as easy as that.

Have you or the tech opened it up and relubed the parts?
seriouslysilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:54 PM #9
tjs0349
Tim

Annual Supporting Member
tjs0349 is playing at Living Legends VII
tjs0349 supports Empire
Worst case scenario, if you can't get it working, send it to me and I'll fix it for you free of charge. You would just have to pay shipping both ways. I've never met a marker I couldn't fix :-)

Hopefully it doesn't get to that. If you can move the bolt freely, it sounds like air isn't going through the marker.

First thing to check, is to make sure the on/off on the asa is turned on (the round knob opposite of the where the air tank screws in). One thing I've noticed with some tanks and the NME asa is that sometimes if you screw the tank in to far, it can pinch the valve pin on the tank and prevent the tank from feeding air into the asa. Try backing the tank out about a turn to a turn and a half and see if that makes a difference.

Next thing to check is the guage on the side of the marker. When you air it up, what does the guage do? What number is it on? This guage is the LPR guage. It should read somewhere between 65 - 80. If the guage is reading lower than 65, that is why you can freely move the bolt. The LPR feeds the ram that the bolt connects to. When you air up the marker, the bolt should move as far back as it can go. You will be able to push it forward, but there should be some resistance. It shouldn't just slide forward. You should have to put some force on it to move it forward when the marker is aired up.

If the LPR guage isn't reading anything, or it's to low, it's probably just a matter of adjusting the LPR.

If your tech has problems with working on NMEs, he probably isn't a very good or experienced tech. They are a poppit based marker that work identically to the Ego and Intimidator. The differences are minor and the same principals and troubleshooting steps would apply. A good tech that has never seen an NME would be able to figure that out after messing with the markr for a few minutes. I would find someone else to take your marker to, or learn how to work on it yourself.

Last edited by tjs0349 : 03-19-2010 at 04:57 PM.
tjs0349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:24 AM #10
Kite09
Youngstown Gambit

Thanks for the advice. I am more familiar with spool valve and hammer based systems. This is my first poppet valve. But, if he can't do it I will be sure to get a hold of you.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:07 PM #11
Kite09
Youngstown Gambit

Alright, got the gun back from the tech. Cost me 40 bucks because they had to rebuild everything on the gun. I guess its because it shipped when it was like -4 or so around here and the extreme cold broke all the orings and seals and everything. But, its up and running now. Gonna see about getting the board flashed this upcoming week.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:58 PM #12
seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
seriouslysilly owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
seriouslysilly posts videos on PbNation
seriouslysilly has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Glad to hear it's up and working now.
Now go and enjoy it