NTran

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
NTran owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
I'd like to hope that all of this oddness in the scheduling and conference changes is intended to allow the league to expand westward in 2011. Maybe then we'll have a western conference in IL/IN/OH, central in NY/PA and eastern in New England and having separate events per conference. If that's the case, then it's worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
Gabe - Glass 1/2 full - I like it.
But I though we were kind of going backwards in 2009 to make 2010 better.

If we are going to have 8 teams per conference it would have been nice to play all the teams.

In my opinion: ( I don't know what players they listened too but they should have sent an email for suggestions or some kind of questionnaire form if they cared what I thought.)

-AXBL and MXL on separate days was nice because it showed that they were different
-AXBL on Sundays, MXL on Saturday
-4 events, 7 matches for AXBL/MXL(Event 1 = 2matches, E2 = 2, E3 = 2, E4 =1 + AXBL all star game)
-All Star game (10 players per conference: 2 players for top 2 2010 teams, 1 player for remaining 6 teams)

-RXL on separate weekend than AXBL/MXL (either sat or sun)
-4 events, 7 matches for RXL, same location for event 1-3 @ 2 matches/event, 7th match during the same day as event 4 MXL (Since both divisions will only have 1 match that day anyways. If there is not enough time, overflow matches can continue on the next day.

This way none of the divisions conflict one another (like someone said it would screw up MXL guesting probably due to time of matches)
With only 2 fields, you don't need more refs so you should have better chance of quality refs per field. That's the most important thing I think.
It's not perfect. I don't know the logistics of 7 weekends in my idea vs 3 weekends they have setup now but I think my idea provides more quality.

Sorry if it makes it doesn't make complete sense. I literally just read this thread now and these ideas just popped up in my head as I was reading.
UpTon 187 cRew - #4, Coach/Manager
Fox 4 Paintball * Planet Eclipse * G.I. SPORTZ

PM me if you want to set up a TEAM Clinic or INDIVIDUAL Clinic with 187.

Last edited by NTran : 01-22-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 AM #45
joeimpulse
EKK ELITE SOLDIER

joeimpulse is playing at Living Legends III
joeimpulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joeimpulse supports Team VICIOUS
As long as traditional xball format is preserved by the AXBL everyone should be happy.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:15 AM #46
daryl512

The PSP is only doing 3 events then worldcup. Correct me if im wrong
Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 AM #47
swilhelm
Web Geek

swilhelm is a Supporting Member
swilhelm donated to help Peyton Trent
swilhelm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTran View Post
But I though we were kind of going backwards in 2009 to make 2010 better.

If we are going to have 8 teams per conference it would have been nice to play all the teams.

In my opinion: ( I don't know what players they listened too but they should have sent an email for suggestions or some kind of questionnaire form if they cared what I thought.)

-AXBL and MXL on separate days was nice because it showed that they were different
-AXBL on Sundays, MXL on Saturday
-4 events, 7 matches for AXBL/MXL(Event 1 = 2matches, E2 = 2, E3 = 2, E4 =1 + AXBL all star game)
-All Star game (10 players per conference: 2 players for top 2 2010 teams, 1 player for remaining 6 teams)

-RXL on separate weekend than AXBL/MXL (either sat or sun)
-4 events, 7 matches for RXL, same location for event 1-3 @ 2 matches/event, 7th match during the same day as event 4 MXL (Since both divisions will only have 1 match that day anyways. If there is not enough time, overflow matches can continue on the next day.

This way none of the divisions conflict one another (like someone said it would screw up MXL guesting probably due to time of matches)
With only 2 fields, you don't need more refs so you should have better chance of quality refs per field. That's the most important thing I think.
It's not perfect. I don't know the logistics of 7 weekends in my idea vs 3 weekends they have setup now but I think my idea provides more quality.

Sorry if it makes it doesn't make complete sense. I literally just read this thread now and these ideas just popped up in my head as I was reading.
The only problem with that suggestion would be that the AXBL would have to setup for another weekend, bring the staff back, hope that all the refs come back, transport all the paint back just for the RXL. That would then increase league expenses just to make MXL guesting more convenient.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:26 AM #48
NTran

Annual Supporting Member
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
NTran owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilhelm View Post
The only problem with that suggestion would be that the AXBL would have to setup for another weekend, bring the staff back, hope that all the refs come back, transport all the paint back just for the RXL. That would then increase league expenses just to make MXL guesting more convenient.
Ya the hard part is the increase in weekends. The idea wasn't just for MXL guesting. It helps for that but I could care less myself about guesting.

I would really wanted to get that extra match in so we could get that extra match in. Also, I figure that there may be a field that would want to host all the RXL events. It could be sodus since 2 event are already at that location (i dont know how far the bunkers are from sodus for transport also...so that is another issue in my idea). I think the hardest thing maybe getting the reffing staff back. but i think that depends on pay. if the refs are paid well enough, they'll come back mostly.

obviously i got a lot of holes in my ideas. but they re just jumping off points. every idea has its ups and downs. i like everyone else just wants more.
UpTon 187 cRew - #4, Coach/Manager
Fox 4 Paintball * Planet Eclipse * G.I. SPORTZ

PM me if you want to set up a TEAM Clinic or INDIVIDUAL Clinic with 187.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:47 AM #49
Miss-Stress

A way I can think would make this better while cost efficient is separate the div
host RXL one weekend ,MXL the other one and then AXBL
NVP run its own out door field and provide only one good set of refferies
they only need one set up which is going to be used for team practice every week ,they gain in how busy they get at there field
they have action each week
they no longer need to travel
all cost are cut while boosting there own business .
Reffing would be awesome as the crew has now a full time job

This seem to be making sense to me
paintball field are busy on weekend ,so it would not really matter being busy every weekend on the actual field layout
Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 AM #50
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
I dislike the idea of splitting the two day events by conference also, but I don't think there's a better way to do it. Adding more events would significantly increase the costs for the league, and when they're trying to save money, I can't see them doing that.

We have, basically, the same number of teams this year as last. Last year we had AXBL and MXL spread across three conferences (3x2), this year we've got AXBL, MXL & RXL spread across two conferences (2x3). Same number of teams, same number of matches. One could also ask, why not do the MXL on Saturday, AXBL on Sunday and spread RXL across Sat & Sun? That's not exactly as clean-cut as doing Eastern on Sat and Western on Sun, though.

Hopefully the changes from last year and this year will result in a sustainable AXBL that operates more like the CXBL does, with different events per conference.

NEPb - Destructive Customs - Feedback: Old New - Stuff for sale

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
Old 01-22-2010, 11:02 AM #51
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
Daryl512 - you're correct - PSP is doing 3 events (phx, Chicago & MAO) plus Cup. The major difference is that all teams can play all events. Here teams can play the first 3 events with the "leaders" playing the final event.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 01-22-2010, 01:26 PM #52
iRoNiQ

What we all have to realize is the AXBL is a business and that is that. If we choose not to play or to play, that is our own choice. Unfortunately, they require a very large deposit before any information is released so you take a large risk and hope good news is to come. In this case, there are a lot of unsatisfactory changes. Do they care? No probably not because they know they already have enough of your money to keep you playing, and paying.

Take a step back and don't look at it from a player's point of view but instead the business point of view. They had 5 events in 2008, but cut it down to 4 in 2009 to save money. While it was said to be for the players, think of the costs they saved themselves for that entire event that no longer was happening. They saved themselves set-up costs, referee costs, transportation costs, lodging costs, etc. Now in 2010 they went from 4 events, to 3 events. What does this do? It saves them even MORE money. Now they don't have to incur set-up costs, referee costs, transportation costs, lodging costs, and so forth as they did in the past for what is now 2 more events. They have effectively cut 33% of their event costs in 2 years while increasing the amount of revenue they are able to generate. To do that, they cut down the amount of AXBL teams and started the RXL. This was marketed is a league for those who wanted to get into Xball. What this really is for the business is a chance to have the same number of teams in the league, just redistribute those teams so there are more teams buying $70 per case paint and getting less out of it. In addition, by taking the Sodus event (well, hosting 2 events there) they are saving that much more money because they don't have to travel to Massachusetts with all of their supplies and workers.

What do the players get out of the changes? Nothing really. Less events means they save (in general) about $20 on gas for the ride there and back and $25 on hotel (assuming they split it with teammates). The costs that were cut do not come back to benefit the players in any way, they just deal with the changes and pay the prices of the past.

As for Sodus specifically, it's pretty bad. We pretty much all hate it, and it's in the middle of no-where. The closest hotels are 30 minutes from the field, and depending where you stay there isn't much for food and fun. The ground is pretty rough, it seems they cut the hay field right before the tournament takes place. It was by far the worst venue last season, but it wasn't as bad as playing on dirt so whatever we will just deal with it.

As for R&M Paintball hosting event 3, this is an excellent new location. Binghamton is arguably the center-most region for all teams in the league and the field is located right off a main highway and in an area with plenty to do. In addition, multiple hotels and restaurants within 10 minutes of the field will be a plus after events 1 and 2.

The new idea of playing on Saturday or Sunday based on your division is pretty disappointing. The entire feel of AXBL on Sunday will now be gone. There has to be a way to split RXL between Saturday and Sunday so that we can still enjoy AXBL on Sundays. The fact that if you're playing in the AXBL and now have to go out Friday night because you have a match on Saturday is kind of disappointing.

2 matches per event is good, and I guess 3 events is good as well because this allows teams to play in other leagues. Now that we have the dates and this information, we can look at playing other leagues as well throughout the season.

Who knows what this year will be like, obviously these changes aren't sitting well with many of the players, but we have already spent a ton of money so we are stuck with them for one more year.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:32 PM #53
cream

cream plays in the PSP
cream is an NCPA player
cream plays in the APPA D3 division
this guy knows his stuff ^
TNNK - PPTF #12
Matts Outback
Phamous
CXI Photography

UCONN #12
Old 01-22-2010, 01:45 PM #54
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
iRoNiQ,

Nice post. I'd like to say I disagree with you, but I don't.

I wonder if this will lead to more teams electing to not return next season (2011)? As if the turn over wasn't great enough this season.

Oh well,
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 01-22-2010, 02:25 PM #55
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball

EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
3 dates is cool,

But I am very disappointed where the venues are located. I was told that the events would be more centralized this year.... Not what I was expecting.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:30 PM #56
Skunkable
cRew

Skunkable plays in the PSP
Skunkable owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Skunkable plays in the APPA D3 division
Skunkable has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
not cool.....
Old 01-22-2010, 02:40 PM #57
dansnow187
Death To Traitors.

Nothing worse than going to an event just to play 1 match.. so FY! for 2 matches per event.

And the axbl doesnt run a night club, what do you guys want next? An event on the jersey shore? times square?

And playing on saturday is dope because now you can have a team party on friday night and saturday night!!! **** yeah!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:42 PM #58
II Unsigned II

II Unsigned II is a Paintball photographer
II Unsigned II plays in the PSP
II Unsigned II plays in the APPA D5 division
wow, may have to come up to an event or two.

C.0.R.E # 17
Old 01-22-2010, 03:36 PM #59
dm4mower
killing 4 the landsharks

sodus! and for 2 events, im super excited! i would rather go to boston twice and i live in ohio!
ERIE LAND SHARKS#10
Jaw paintball ftw!!!
"I like to stab people in the ear"
BLOOD IS IN THE WATER!
ERFOA.COM
Old 01-22-2010, 04:00 PM #60
Obey-193
Timmy Mastro

Annual Supporting Member
Obey-193 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Obey-193 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Obey-193 posts videos on PbNation
Obey-193 plays in the APPA D4 division
the league is like catering to there New York teams what about us from mass and ct also how is R&M Paintball ?
Old 01-22-2010, 04:12 PM #61
Eclipse7x

Eclipse7x is a Paintball photographer
I enjoy R &M. You will too.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:12 PM #62
JAWPaintball
ERIE LAND SHARKS

JAWPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
I will keep reading nothing to post yet.
Erie Land Sharks, AXBL 07, 08, 09 NYPL 2010 4th Place, USPA 2011 Champions, USPA 2nd Place 2012, USPA 2013,
Old 01-22-2010, 04:56 PM #63
TeeTwo
Boston Armada

TeeTwo supports Cereal Killerz 2
TeeTwo plays in the APPA D3 division
TeeTwo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWMpaintball View Post
.....But I am very disappointed where the venues are located. I was told that the events would be more centralized this year.... Not what I was expecting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey-193
the league is like catering to there New York teams what about us from mass and ct....
This.
Check out my original 2K4 acount:MAD4LYF
matty mace: i have asthma an i felt as though other players might have been intentionally smoking near my pit to hinder my performance.......good thing i had my puffer.
Closed Thread