PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:46 PM #232
FDQ00QDF
00 HK 00

I really think the way to solve it would just be to spread it out like they were starting to last year. This season is going to be a black eye for AXBL, I can see it. There are players that don't want to travel from all over, and players that do wanna travel from all over. In order to make everyone happy they need to spread the events out. Have 4 events again (instead of making 2 larger conferences with the same amount of teams spread out throughout the league, add some franchises and make the league larger) have enough teams for 2 matches an event, and make the events in different locations. One in Boston, one in maybe New Jersey or somethin, one in Ohio Connecticut or Vermont, one in New York (NOT SODUS), and one in Pittsburgh. That way all the NY players that don't wanna travel get to stay for an event, and all the players that wanna travel get to travel too. Same thing with the Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, etc. teams and players, everyone's happy. Plus, with four events and more teams in each division, we all get to do what we love even more, play!!! And hopefully before making any decisions this big next time, they'll ask owners and/or players.

Last edited by FDQ00QDF : 01-24-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:27 PM #233
swilhelm
Web Geek

swilhelm is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
swilhelm donated to help Peyton Trent
swilhelm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
For years, you've engaged in deceptive marketing practices.
#1 - You're directing your accusations at the wrong person. I'm not the AXBL, and currently I don't work for them (atleast I haven't done work for them since last year).

#2 - You're one to talk about deception. We can rehash our dealings back when I ran the NYPS w/ Jared, and your inability to provide a service you promise, and the lies you perpetuated...And then you couldn't even admit it until years later when you had hoped to get the APPA involved w/ the AXBL. And then you jerked people around when they tried to get a refund (and some people never got that refund). There's alot of guys who still play in the league that remember that whole song & dance you gave us all.

The problem with you even interjecting in any of this is not to bring any knowledge into this, but to hammer on the AXBL has you have for years. If you would have started a different thread to criticize the league, that's different. But you had to jump into a discussion regarding the season, for which (atleast to my knowledge) you have absolutely no vested interest at all, and you jumped on a band wagon and started to spout off bull**** numbers that only infuriated people.

To me, that's trolling. That's all you've done in this forum is troll.

So, if you're going to accuse the league of being deceptive, you best remember your past actions too, because you sure as hell are no model of ethical excellence.

I'm done with my rant & this thread. Honestly, if you guys want to ***** & whine, go ahead. Even if Mitch doesn't come on & clear anything up, just call him & then pass on what he tells you to the rest of the forum so there's accurate information being shared. Considering the fact that Travis is no longer with the AXBL/NVP, I'm sure his workload has doubled which could be the cause of this delay in communication.

I'm out.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:27 PM #234
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
jdev is a Supporting Member
jdev is a Paintball photographer
I am only going to say this once.

Stop reporting anything by Rahel that you disagree with as something that breaks the rules. If you want to have something to say that does not pertain to the 2010 AXBL season, take it to PMs

Chris is permitted to post his opinion in here just like everyone else. If you feel his post is absolutely and undeniably inflammatory, PM me and I will deal with it.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:28 PM #235
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball

EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
I got some insight today... I found out that the New England fields were never contacted about holding events at all. Now, how accurate is that, I am not 100% sure.... But, I do know Maynard never got an inquiry. Then I hear that the league is getting the use of the Sodus location for free as long as the field makes money off all the food and beverage sales... Again, not exactly sure how accurate that is, but the source is reliable...

As for Maynard, I thought maybe there was not a common ground business wise, but to find out that the league never inquired... well, again this is inconsistent with what I was beening told... giving me more bad feelings.

Last edited by EWMpaintball : 01-24-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:30 PM #236
trogdor444

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWPaintball View Post
At the end of 2009 I met with Mitch about the possible locations of 2010 Events and the expressed opinion was that they were going to be at R&M in Binghamton Ny. This was decided because it was the closest Field to the center of the AXBL. So my Team already knew the possible travel for 2010 then.

Now, I have no idea as to the reasons for going to Sodus this year and do not really care. We travel to play no difference.

In addition when we committed to this League in 08 we realized that an extreme amount on travel was possible to play matches. ie: Atlas 4 times in 08.

2009 we had to fly to Boston to play did we whine no because we like to play good paintball.

My only hope is in 2011 AXBL moves West to Oh/In/Mi so we can move our Franchise and be rid of all the East Coast whiners.
so what your sayin is you were the only owner consulted about event sites.......are you special or something?

Section 8
Old 01-24-2010, 07:37 PM #237
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Mega Moderator
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWPaintball View Post
At the end of 2009 I met with Mitch about the possible locations of 2010 Events and the expressed opinion was that they were going to be at R&M in Binghamton Ny. This was decided because it was the closest Field to the center of the AXBL. So my Team already knew the possible travel for 2010 then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor444 View Post
so what your sayin is you were the only owner consulted about event sites.......are you special or something?
Indeed. Why was this one person given preferential treatment over all other owners?

NEPb - Simonized - Inception Designs - Destructive Customs - Clockwork Clothing - Feedback: Old New - Stuff for sale

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
Old 01-24-2010, 07:39 PM #238
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
JawPaintball,

Would you prefer that we (the New England Whiners) take our franchises and leave? Do you really want 8 less AXBL teams? What would that leave you with - 6, maybe 7 teams?

New Division forming: New England Whiners
upTon 187 cRew (MA)
Philly All Americans (RI) (purchased by Tom Quick in Rhode Island)
Rockland Hustle (MA) (purchased by the guys from Somerville I believe)
Attica Intent (ME) (purchased by Richie out of Maine)
Newark No Name (CT)
Buffalo Hogan's Alley (CT)
Hartford Eclipse (MA)
Greensburg (CT) (MXL moving up - purchased by Outback out of CT)

There may be another teams (either Bronx or Brooklyn) that was purchased by the Outback in CT too.

After actually writing down the list I start to understand why you want us all out of the league - the list of teams represents 6 out of the 8 teams that went to the playoffs this year plus 1 or 2 of the MXL teams that won their divisions.

Do you want us to do the same with our MXL franchises and our RXL franchises?
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 01-24-2010, 07:42 PM #239
trogdor444

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilhelm View Post
#1 - You're directing your accusations at the wrong person. I'm not the AXBL, and currently I don't work for them (atleast I haven't done work for them since last year).

#2 - You're one to talk about deception. We can rehash our dealings back when I ran the NYPS w/ Jared, and your inability to provide a service you promise, and the lies you perpetuated...And then you couldn't even admit it until years later when you had hoped to get the APPA involved w/ the AXBL. And then you jerked people around when they tried to get a refund (and some people never got that refund). There's alot of guys who still play in the league that remember that whole song & dance you gave us all.

The problem with you even interjecting in any of this is not to bring any knowledge into this, but to hammer on the AXBL has you have for years. If you would have started a different thread to criticize the league, that's different. But you had to jump into a discussion regarding the season, for which (atleast to my knowledge) you have absolutely no vested interest at all, and you jumped on a band wagon and started to spout off bull**** numbers that only infuriated people.

To me, that's trolling. That's all you've done in this forum is troll.

So, if you're going to accuse the league of being deceptive, you best remember your past actions too, because you sure as hell are no model of ethical excellence.

I'm done with my rant & this thread. Honestly, if you guys want to ***** & whine, go ahead. Even if Mitch doesn't come on & clear anything up, just call him & then pass on what he tells you to the rest of the forum so there's accurate information being shared. Considering the fact that Travis is no longer with the AXBL/NVP, I'm sure his workload has doubled which could be the cause of this delay in communication.

I'm out.
alright you girls need to kiss and make up gettin a bit off topic.......the point is no credible league, local or national, (NPPL/USPL, PSP, NEPL, GPL, etc.) operates without holding a captain's meeting for owner's input in the direction of the league. especially in the case of the nepl and gpl, the people who run those leagues, mainly lori and cyndi, take a great deal of input from the team owners AND players as well. especially before demanding money for an event let alone the entire season. playing all of those leagues for 8+ years made me realize that the reason the leagues were fun year in and year out was because the leagues worked with the teams on pretty much all issues regarding the events. the nepl is a very different league today than what it was when i first played it in 2002, but that's a good thing because they adapted with the changes in the sport and listened to the teams and players to make the league worth playing...........i think noel said it but a little communication goes a long way

Section 8
Old 01-24-2010, 07:43 PM #240
pbjim
LAND SHARKS

Annual Supporting Member
pbjim donated to help Peyton Trent
pbjim supports Bob Gurnsey
pbjim supports our troops
pbjim has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
pbjim is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pbjim is attending Decay of Nations VI
pbjim supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdev View Post
I am only going to say this once.

Stop reporting anything by Rahel that you disagree with as something that breaks the rules. If you want to have something to say that does not pertain to the 2010 AXBL season, take it to PMs

Chris is permitted to post his opinion in here just like everyone else. If you feel his post is absolutely and undeniably inflammatory, PM me and I will deal with it.

Thanks.
MOD protection to the rescue...

I would say "trolling" is trolling. As swilhelm said.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM #241
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjim View Post
MOD protection to the rescue...

I would say "trolling" is trolling. As swilhelm said.
Jim,

Has nothing to do with "MOD protection"

I don't know Chris.
I've never met Chris.
I have no interest in "protecting" Chris.

Reading his posts he is making valid points about the AXBL which some of the long-time franchises may not want to hear. I don't see them as trolling. Trolling would be "NCPA is better than AXBL, nanny nanny boo boo"

Since there is a lack of that attitude conveyed in the posts, I dont see it as trolling so please, stop reporting it as such.

Chris is entitled to his opinion here and any other forums of PbNation. You and everyone else in here has been granted that ability, there is no reason one person shouldn't be granted that.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:56 PM #242
KidInfamous
There can only be One

Annual Supporting Member
KidInfamous plays in the PSP
KidInfamous donated to help Peyton Trent
KidInfamous supports Team VICIOUS
KidInfamous posts videos on PbNation
KidInfamous is a top reviewer
KidInfamous is Legendary
KidInfamous is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
JawPaintball,

Would you prefer that we (the New England Whiners) take our franchises and leave? Do you really want 8 less AXBL teams? What would that leave you with - 6, maybe 7 teams?

New Division forming: New England Whiners
upTon 187 cRew (MA)
Philly All Americans (RI) (purchased by Tom Quick in Rhode Island)
Rockland Hustle (MA) (purchased by the guys from Somerville I believe)
Attica Intent (ME) (purchased by Richie out of Maine)
Newark No Name (CT)
Buffalo Hogan's Alley (CT)
Hartford Eclipse (MA)
Greensburg (CT) (MXL moving up - purchased by Outback out of CT)

There may be another teams (either Bronx or Brooklyn) that was purchased by the Outback in CT too.

After actually writing down the list I start to understand why you want us all out of the league - the list of teams represents 6 out of the 8 teams that went to the playoffs this year plus 1 or 2 of the MXL teams that won their divisions. attica was based out of newyork i could have sworn buffalo was a buddy bower team as well. and greensburg was a pittsburgh team.

Do you want us to do the same with our MXL franchises and our RXL franchises?
so you guys buy a whole bunch of teams and now you expect everyone to bow down to your every needs.
and i am not sure but probably the reason why jawpaintball knew things is cause he actually cares about the league to try and better it so that it stays around.
ASMC
Erie LandSharks
PittsburghAllAmericanHeroes
Youtube Channel CLICK IT!
Macdev Militia
Old 01-24-2010, 07:56 PM #243
pbjim
LAND SHARKS

Annual Supporting Member
I wonder if we should take our post to PMs but I guess its ok to post back and forth here.

On the reporting, not sure what your talking about...

Other than that I guess keep up the great work
Old 01-24-2010, 07:59 PM #244
KidInfamous
There can only be One

Annual Supporting Member
KidInfamous is Legendary
KidInfamous is Boss
Quote:
Jim,

Has nothing to do with "MOD protection"

I don't know Chris.
I've never met Chris.
I have no interest in "protecting" Chris.

Reading his posts he is making valid points about the AXBL which some of the long-time franchises may not want to hear. I don't see them as trolling. Trolling would be "NCPA is better than AXBL, nanny nanny boo boo"

Since there is a lack of that attitude conveyed in the posts, I dont see it as trolling so please, stop reporting it as such.

Chris is entitled to his opinion here and any other forums of PbNation. You and everyone else in here has been granted that ability, there is no reason one person shouldn't be granted that.
here is my question he is not trolling but wouldnt it be flaming i mean all he does is constantly trash talk the axbl and this and that. we are trying to create a valid discussion thread about what needs to be done and our issues and all he can do is bounce in here and create controversy when he has no stake in the axbl at all.
ASMC
Erie LandSharks
Macdev Militia
Old 01-24-2010, 08:00 PM #245
PI1

when every franchise owner paid that 2G's deposit they made a commitment to the 2010 season. So let all stop fighting about locations and prices" there not going to change" and enjoy this upcoming season, personally i can't wait for it to kick off.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:02 PM #246
pbjim
LAND SHARKS

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PI1 View Post
when every franchise owner paid that 2G's deposit they made a commitment to the 2010 season. So let all stop fighting about locations and prices" there not going to change" and enjoy this upcoming season, personally i can't wait for it to kick off.

now thats what im talking about. It will be a great year
Old 01-24-2010, 08:06 PM #247
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInfamous View Post
here is my question he is not trolling but wouldnt it be flaming i mean all he does is constantly trash talk the axbl and this and that. we are trying to create a valid discussion thread about what needs to be done and our issues and all he can do is bounce in here and create controversy when he has no stake in the axbl at all.
What exactly is this "trash talk" you are referring to?

That he thinks the AXBL is being run inefficiently?
That he thinks the AXBL spends too much money on unnecessary things?

I do not think that there are any issues with what Chris has posted. When he starts touting the NCPA, PSP, or anything related to the APPA system being better than the AXBL, then we can be concerned about him trolling and his posts will be removed.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:07 PM #248
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball

EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjim View Post

now thats what im talking about. It will be a great year
Well, I can't have one team at two locations at one time..... Not sure if I can clone my team to fulfill my other laugue commitment..
Old 01-24-2010, 08:12 PM #249
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
PI1,

I don't quite see it that way. If people feel they're throwing good money ($4600) after bad ($2,000 deposit) they might consider walking away from the $2,000.

Dave
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 01-24-2010, 08:13 PM #250
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
On a side note - should I be reporting everyone for calling us whiners? Is that trash talking?
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 01-24-2010, 08:15 PM #251
KidInfamous
There can only be One

Annual Supporting Member
KidInfamous is Legendary
KidInfamous is Boss
Quote:
What exactly is this "trash talk" you are referring to?

That he thinks the AXBL is being run inefficiently?
That he thinks the AXBL spends too much money on unnecessary things?

I do not think that there are any issues with what Chris has posted. When he starts touting the NCPA, PSP, or anything related to the APPA system being better than the AXBL, then we can be concerned about him trolling and his posts will be removed.
so your saying its ok for him to purposely come into the thread and just talk smack on the axbl. say its run wrong. was he actually apart of the axbl was he their finance guy. he knows that he is going to get people pissed off and start a fight and yet i am sure its allowed because he mod's so he can say what he wants when he wants and its ok. but if i would say the same thing i am sure i would see an infraction because i was purposely trying to irritate people by talking smack on their league and everything they do.
ASMC
Erie LandSharks
Macdev Militia
Old 01-24-2010, 08:18 PM #252
paint-o-steeze
new schoolers unite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWMpaintball View Post
I got some insight today... I found out that the New England fields were never contacted about holding events at all. Now, how accurate is that, I am not 100% sure.... But, I do know Maynard never got an inquiry. Then I hear that the league is getting the use of the Sodus location for free as long as the field makes money off all the food and beverage sales... Again, not exactly sure how accurate that is, but the source is reliable...

As for Maynard, I thought maybe there was not a common ground business wise, but to find out that the league never inquired... well, again this is inconsistent with what I was beening told... giving me more bad feelings.
and the truth comes out.

SIGMA CHI
Closed Thread