PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-12-2001, 03:38 PM #1
AnimalPaintball.Com

has been a member for 10 years
Small Review of CENTERFLAG A/C Frame.

First I must admit I am not a cocker expert. Infact this is the first cocker I have owned in like over 4 years.

S purchased the DYE Ultralite cocker at the cup and handed it over to Centerflag for the Frame conversion. I also gave them a Beseals 3 way, which is the 3-way that centerflag recommends for use with the uprising.

I finally got to put it to the test at the PMI Pure energy series this weekend.

In short this frame is awesome. Rosey used it the first whole day of the tournament (6 games). I worked flawlesly. It had amazing speed and accuracy. So much so that she is know selling 2 of her own guns to get another one of these electronic guns.

I got to use it the next day and wow! During the 3rd game the bolt got stuck forward after chopping a ball. That was the only problem I had with it.

Again it is awesome and if you have over $500 it is definetly a great buy. The cocker is just great fun to shoot. I think for the next couple of tournaments my Angel will be sitting in my bag while I shoot this amazing gun.

In short: IT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the NEW Animal Paintball Jerseys at www.AnimalPaintball.Com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2001, 05:06 PM #2
CenterFlag
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Good to hear it..
Was there any particular reason that you chopped?
Was it towards the end of the hopper or almost dead batteries?

Let me know if you have ay questions..

CF

Primary Email: centerflagtech@yahoo.com
Old 11-12-2001, 05:37 PM #3
AnimalPaintball.Com

I would not blame the chopping on the grip frame. Everybody had problems with the paint all day. It was a humid / rainy day. If anything it might of been that I out shot my hopper, since it is soo easy to shoot soo fast with that frame. It is simply amazing.

ThanX
Mondo

Old 11-12-2001, 07:45 PM #4
Tanner
BANNED 4 LIFE

Tanner is a Supporting Member
Tanner is a founding member
You know Mondo before I read who posted that I was like hmmmm, that sounds like the gun Rosey was using Sat. Much to my surprise I read on further and it was you all....lol. So how did you all do Sunday? As to the threeway, I thought the frame came w/ the new 3-way? At least Craig told me his came w/ it.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:53 PM #5
AnimalPaintball.Com

Hello Tanner..

The tourney was a tough one. It had most the of best Texas teams around. I guess we could of done better, but then again we could of done much worse.

I believe they just use the 3-way that comes with your gun, but if you ask them to install the Beseals 3-way it is a bit extra.

ThanX
Mondo

Old 11-12-2001, 11:49 PM #6
ChAoScLoWnZ

I agree, the frame KICKS! I had centerflag put a frame on my Chaos Series gen X (I've replaced every other crap ANS part except the body, figured why not replace the frame ) They told me the bomb also works great with the frame (which I have on my cocker), and I must say this works GREAT. Me and my friends liked it so much, we came back the next day, and my friend bought a brand new purple shocktech cocker and had centerflag put a matching uprising frame on, with the CF inline reg, CF flame dropforeward, and the new Thunder series CF adjustable nitro tank (the new tanks rule also!). We're loving em!
Old 11-13-2001, 12:36 AM #7
AnimalPaintball.Com

Well its official, Rosey is now getting one 2. I should of never lent it to her. Know it is going to cost me double. Well at least she wont be bothering me for mine anymore. We just orderd one of those Kapp Flame Cockers for her. Hopefully in a 2 or 3 weeks she should have it all complete with her uprising frame and all.

On a side note: Her Defiant is now for sale to help pay for this.

Mondo

Old 11-13-2001, 01:03 PM #8
Tanner
BANNED 4 LIFE

Tanner is a Supporting Member
Tanner is a founding member
What color of flame cocker did she get? I like the Blue ones and the red to black fade as well.
Old 11-21-2001, 02:47 PM #9
Jason_D22

I envy rosey
Old 11-21-2001, 04:11 PM #10
want2race

pics please

Want to see some pics.....
I've looked into the Racegun frame too but don't like what they do to the front of the gun.

I just finished building a FreeFlow, it rocks with just the WGP hinge. Now looks like I might be buying a NEW toy to compliment it.

Does it have adjustable "load" time, or dwell? How 'bout the firing modes?

Thanks.

S
Old 11-21-2001, 08:09 PM #11
CenterFlag

The Uprising has only a semi mode because of NPPL rules for next year. Also insurance carriers may follow suit.

There are adjustments in the program to take care of bolt open times and cycle rates. Dwell is and always be a function of your hammer and springs combination.

CF

Primary Email: centerflagtech@yahoo.com
Old 11-21-2001, 10:09 PM #12
AnimalPaintball.Com

She got the Red to Orange to Yellow Fade Kapp Flame Cocker. As soon as it gets back we will post the pics all over the place.

ThanX
Mondo

Old 11-22-2001, 04:15 PM #13
dstr
don't shoot the ref

Animalpaintball.com, did you purchase a blue ultralight? Because when I was in the dye tent monday, i think it was the first day of the cup, I was checking out a blue dye ultralight cocker and was pressin the trigger then all of a sudden this dude takes it outta my hands and is like, sorry its sold! did you buy a blue one? It might of been blue to silver fade or something but im pretty sure it was solid blue..
Old 11-22-2001, 11:29 PM #14
Aggressor

CenterFlag Frame

I will agree with Mondo, this frame RIPS. I had the chance to use Scottie Flints’ from FURY, before he went to the cup. His was installed on a Freeflow, and all I can say is HOLY FAST GUN. I love the way cockers shoot but I am a victim of angel finger….this frame brings the best of both worlds together, ACCURACY & SPEED.
Old 11-23-2001, 12:17 PM #15
AnimalPaintball.Com

Hello

DSTR: Nope wasn't me. I got the Red Ultra Lite. There was a lime green one that I would of killed for but it had already been spoken for. You should of seen that green. Damn it was nice.

Mondo

Last edited by AnimalPaintball.Com : 11-24-2001 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-23-2001, 01:12 PM #16
dstr
don't shoot the ref

I love the dusted ones, the grey and the titanium(white)...
Old 11-25-2001, 12:36 PM #17
GTRsi
aGG?

GTRsi is a Supporting Member
ChAoScLoWnZ

are the ans choas cockers crappy?

I was debating bewteen ans, bm, or sto and then maybe a centerflag frame. Should I look at some other cockers?
Old 11-26-2001, 02:12 AM #18
Kung Fu Sumo

I shot both of the Uprisings that were at the Masters in Chicago.....and I just had one question Dennis of Centerflag said at the Masters that the Uprising frame didn't really work best with the Shocktech Bomb 3-way.......then Chaosclownz said that he was told that they work great with the Shocktech Bomb......whats the deal with that???? Anyone able to give the straight answer on this???
Old 11-26-2001, 01:22 PM #19
BeeRRunneR
says : FSP !

Quote:
Originally posted by CenterFlag
1There are adjustments in the program to take care of bolt open times and cycle rates. Dwell is and always be a function of your hammer and springs combination.
CF
do you have the specifics of how the electronics work though ?? is it just a microswitch version of a regular cocker, IE: pull trigger-> gun fires & bolt opens, let go of trigger -> bolt closes ??

or is it . . . tirgger is pulled -> gun fires & bolt opens, then waits for X amount of time, and closes automatically ??

also, how does it handle a ball getting stuck in the breech IE : 1/2 feed and the bolt stops on the ball . . .

thanks for any info
Old 11-27-2001, 12:18 PM #20
PGA

ANSWER TO 3-WAY QUESTIONS ON CENTERFLAG'S UPRISING

This is Dennis Ashley owner of Centerflag Paintball Products. To answer the questions of what 3-ways will work with our frames is very simple. ALL 3-ways will work with our frames, from the stock WGP brass to top of the line aftermarket ones. To set the record straight I did not say that Shocktechs 3-way does not work, as a matter of fact, on my own Autococker I have a shocktech 3-way. My sales manager has one on his WGP Black Magic and 99 STO and shoots very well. If you have any more questions please post and we will answer them.
Old 12-01-2001, 10:49 PM #21
ChAoScLoWnZ

GTRsi - The ANS cockers are alright, personally I replaced just about every ANS part excluding the body kit (which is a 99STO milled and ano'd), and the valve and such. For the price, its a good deal, especially since its milled and anodized. Personally, I dont like the front pneumatics ANS makes, and the bolt/block combo has some imperfections, where its frequent that the bolt gets stuck in the block (plus I hate the design they have with no bolt pin....). Really tho, the gun is cheap new, then replace the back block, bolt, and front pneumatics, and its a great gun. Add the uprising frame and its godly

If I remember correctly, from what all I've been told, the best 3 ways (in order from best to least, top performance with the uprising frame) is:

Evo
STO
Bomb

Tho they all work, i think those were the top recommended....