Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-12-2010, 01:22 PM #22
Rainbow317

right on URBANxFLOW. i love ayn rand's work. objectivism imo is a great way of life. if people call it selfish then they pretty much hit the nail on the head. its just their definition of selfish is skewed.
Rainbow317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:23 AM #23
WVprankster
The Wordsmith

has been a member for 10 years
WVprankster plays in the PSP
WVprankster plays in the APPA D4 division
I'll ignore the philosophy stuff for the time being and focus on the texts. As stories go, both Atlast Shruggedand The Fountainhead are written in a decidedly heavy-handed fashion. They're still interested and entertaining to me, and the philosophy bend just adds to the story.

Like me, or any of my posts? Then you like my team. So go to Facebook (this site'll be huge someday...just you wait) and "like" them:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=hp#!/Pi...AmericanHeroes #13
WVprankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:03 PM #24
Nutworth
Anti-Semitic Remarks

Nutworth supports Team VICIOUS
I read the Fountainhead and liked it. Don't think I'll ever read an Ayn Rand book again, however. I already know what she's getting at and life is too short.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 PM #25
Sunrise
shiiiii

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai_x_8140 View Post
I have talked to a lot of people who can't stand Ayn Rand books. Personally I like them. A long time ago I read Anthem (for an essay contest in HS) and thought it was great. Lately I started reading The Fountain Head. Granted the book doesn't really fit the bill as typical page turner for me I still can't seem to put it down.

And her philosophy is logically undeniable.

Anyone else into Rand around here?

btw: still haven't finished the The Fountain Head so no spoilers please.
thats interesting, my friend did an essay contest in HS and I believe he did it over fountainhead. how did you end up doing in it? I can't remember how my friend did.
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote