After much thought, I am calling it quits. I started playing paintball with a good friend of mine when I was 18. We both bought Brass Eagle Raptors from WalMart a box of BE paint and hit the woods. I was hooked immediately. I played continuously for 15 straight years, and have slacked off greatly in the past 4.
I wanted to say thank you in a public place to all the people who went through the journey with me.
1. Dragonfire, my first team. We sucked, but we had a hell of a lot of fun.
2. The teams in the APC. Dangerous Toys, RGP, Gypsy Rain, Kaos, The Lion's den team.
3. Splat Attack Paintball in Judsonia, AR. Rusty gave us the best field we have ever played on, bar none. Practice every weekend was much more tolerable there.
4. The fields that have persisted here in Arkansas, Paintball Arkanasas, Wild World, Tsquare. When I first started there were over 15 fields in the state to travel to and play tournaments at. You guys have stuck it out and kept producing new players. I hope it never stops.
5. Torque- I will always love you guys. We took this team from a dead last finish in the Memphis series to straight first place finishes, taking the series, then moving on the the PSP. We worked our ***** off and fought constantly, but the hard work paid off. We made Sunday D2 over 70% of tournaments, which for a first year psp team isn't shabby. After being forced to drop to D3 because we couldnt play the Xball schedule, we made it to #3 in the country before financial issues caught some of our players. We were a fully sponsored DYE team, with Dave Youngblood coming to watch our games. I was asked to go pro twice while playing with Torque, but could not commit to the practice schedule required. I have never once regretted making the decision to stay. The memories I made with you guys will forever be with me. The joy, the anger, the pain, the money spent, it was all worth it. The biggest player in this is Kevin Ashcraft. He is my best friend, and has remained so throughout the years. Without you Kevin, I don't think I could have done it. I know I wouldn't have enjoyed myself. Right or wrong, I will always have your back.
I do not know if the other members of the teams I have been a part of will ever find this, but if you do, Thank you. It has been an awesome experience.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell