Old 07-18-2016, 11:34 AM #1
Vethod
Rhymes with Method

Vethod has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Vethod has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Vethod supports Ninja Paintball
Vethod supports Empire
DP E1 bolt stick issue

Hello, I was using my E1 at the field yesterday and it was working fine the first game then when i went to chrono for the 2nd game i started hearing a leak come down from the barrel so i went and cleaned the bolt and added DP40 lube to the o-rings. After I added that I tried to go shoot the gun the leak was fixed but the bolt just wasn't firing (or firing very weak shots that barely tapped the paint so it didnt go all the way out the barrel) so i replaced the battery, relubed with hater sauce, used different air tank, but still couldn't fix the problem. Do you think I need to try a different lube for the gun? or does this problem sound familiar? Thank you for reading
Vethod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2016, 01:11 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Yes, you need a different lube for starters. Once you have a different lube applied throughout (reg, bolt, and solenoid), check again and troubleshoot from there.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:41 PM #3
Vethod
Rhymes with Method

Vethod supports Empire
Is there any lube that your recommend?
Old 07-18-2016, 03:09 PM #4
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
firefoxx04 supports Ninja Paintball
Lurker lube (either kind that he sells) will work well for your marker and it is cheep.

Report back after you do that. Specifically after you grease the solenoid! Very important and lots of people skip over it. Only needs to be done maybe twice a year after you do it the first time.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:19 PM #5
Vethod
Rhymes with Method

Vethod supports Empire
Thanks to you both! I cleaned the reg, bolt and solenoid and used the lube included with my mini and the gun fires great (gonna redo it when my lurker lube comes). Now I hear a slight/very small leak down the barrel but I think I just have to replace all the O-Rings on the bolt. Quick question about O-rings are they supposed to be hard like plastic or are they supposed to feel soft and squishy? Thanks
Old 07-18-2016, 04:26 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
firefoxx04 supports Ninja Paintball
Depending on the duro rating. I believe the small oring on the backcap stem is a 90 duro and should feel hard. It should also fit the bolt very loose (the bolt should easily slide of of it.

The rest should be 70 duro and feel soft.

Only two oring will commonly cause leaks on these guns. The backcap stem oring (the hard one) or more commonly, the 017 oring in the breach (not on the bolt).

The breach oring gets dirty easily (this is common with all spool valve guns, including dye, luxe, mac dev). Remove the oring carefully and clean it off or just replace it.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:47 PM #7
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vethod View Post
Thanks to you both! I cleaned the reg, bolt and solenoid and used the lube included with my mini and the gun fires great (gonna redo it when my lurker lube comes). Now I hear a slight/very small leak down the barrel but I think I just have to replace all the O-Rings on the bolt. Quick question about O-rings are they supposed to be hard like plastic or are they supposed to feel soft and squishy? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Depending on the duro rating. I believe the small oring on the backcap stem is a 90 duro and should feel hard. It should also fit the bolt very loose (the bolt should easily slide of of it.

The rest should be 70 duro and feel soft.

Only two oring will commonly cause leaks on these guns. The backcap stem oring (the hard one) or more commonly, the 017 oring in the breach (not on the bolt).

The breach oring gets dirty easily (this is common with all spool valve guns, including dye, luxe, mac dev). Remove the oring carefully and clean it off or just replace it.
No problem, any time. Unfortunately, Hater Sauce is just bad news in general, IMO. I've seen, read, and helped FAR too many people with bolt stick issues that turned out to be because Hater Sauce was being used.

And, as firefoxx stated, a leak into the breach with the stock bolt installed can only come from one (or both) of the o-rings he pointed out. However, there are 2 o-rings in the stock engine that are the harder 90 duro. The backcap stem as mentioned, and the bolt bumper (middle one on the bolt). The bolt tip, sail (3rd one from the front on the bolt), and the body o-ring (found just to the rear side of the feedneck opening) are all 70 duro. All of the stock o-rings, regardless of duro (hardnedlss), are made of buna material.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 07-18-2016 at 09:49 PM.
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:55 AM #8
Insane_Vendetta
El Deadpool Jefe

Insane_Vendetta supports Ninja Paintball
They answered your questions but I'll chime in on Lurker Lube.
The words "Liberally" and "Lurker Lube" should never be in the same sentence let alone done that way. Just lube the piston only or just the body housing. Trust me, doesn't take much for Lurker Lube to do its job.