PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-13-2014, 01:49 PM #1
jt2080

jt2080 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fusion fx solenoid leak

I just got a new solenoid for my gun, and i am having a leak that comes out of were the wires enter the solenoid. is anyone one else having this problem or has? help would be great.
jt2080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2014, 03:08 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

I have not had that problem before but the fix, if you do it yourself, will void the warranty. If it is new, you should contact DP because it is probably still under warranty. The issue is one or both o-rings in that end. It could be #37, or more likely, #42 (check the schematic in the manual).
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:17 PM #3
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
be sure its not out of one of the bleed hole's. That would be an easy fix.

you can try and re grease the noid piston (this will not void warranty). Just dont open the side that says "removing this sticker will void bla bla bla".
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:09 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

I should clarify a little bit here....

If the solenoid was purchased new; and you have proof of purchase; and it is within (I think) 90 days from date of purchase, I believe it is under warranty and you should either contact the place where you purchased it or contact Dangerous Power about it.

However, if you bought it from a b/s/t thread or from someone who said it's new and have no proof of both "new" condition and date of purchase, then it is likely not under warranty anyway so you could attempt to repair it yourself.

I would recommend contacting the store you got it from / DP first and if you can't get it fixed/replaced via that route, then you could attempt to fix it with a o-ring change.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 01-20-2014, 07:14 PM #5
jt2080

I was able to fix the leak dp said they would of replaced it but I needed it working right away to play a few days later. I just glued the hell out of it to stop the air leak.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:47 PM #6
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2080 View Post
I was able to fix the leak dp said they would of replaced it but I needed it working right away to play a few days later. I just glued the hell out of it to stop the air leak.
dumb and impatient you just ruined that gun for resale/any future plans and it most likely wont shoot right

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:40 PM #7
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Annual Supporting Member
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by grss429 View Post
dumb and impatient you just ruined that gun for resale/any future plans and it most likely wont shoot right
First off, why so rude? He did not ruin it as if it were really that bad he could just buy a whole new noid.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:51 PM #8
grss429
Gun Tech! & Field owner

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
First off, why so rude? He did not ruin it as if it were really that bad he could just buy a whole new noid.
Because i've seen it done before he probably glued the noid to the bottom of the gun. there for getting it off it's impossible depending how much glue/what he used... who in there right mind would do that

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY FACEBOOK PAGE! WEBSITE COMING SOON www.facebook.com/bfinpbt

Owner/home field.
Come play at Nature of the game paintball in hampstead North Carolina (910) 270 2163
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:40 PM #9
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
He said it was leaking from where the wires come out of the noid. Prolly just put some glue around them to seal it. If he had it off of the marker, may not be an issue.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:38 PM #10
jt2080

Well here is another update on this, when I did glue the part I did remove it from the gun first I'm not an idiot. And also the only reason I did glue it was bc I had a tournament I wanted to play in a few days later so I would not of had time to send it in. I contacted dp and they did replace it for me they understood why I put some glue on it and were able to help me out.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:47 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Good deal. It all worked out in the end.